Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
greenclan67
Callie35

Westgate Town Center anybody been recently

Hi everyone, Just counting down the days here in cold Northern Ontario til we leave. 32 days!!
We are staying at Westgate Town Center for the first time. We have done Cypress Pointe the last 3 years. I have read all the reviews about the hard sell, we are prepared for it.
Just wondered if anyone could give any insight to any amenities they have there. As in, do they clean the rooms in a 2 week stay? We have people joining us the 2nd day in our 3 bdrm, and wondered if I have to wash the sheets and change the bedding myself, so I am prepared for that. As well, do they include anything, bathroom stuff, shampoo, soap, kitchen, coffee packets, paper towel, laudry soap. That kinda stuff. We are heading to do groceries before check in. We land at 11 am, and will go eat, pick up groceries and aim to be at the resort for 3 pm for check in. Any insight would be appreciated. Oh and pool towels, are they supplied or should I bring them from home? Anything you can tell to expect from check in to check out. I did find out that we don't have to pay the daily resort fee because of the owner we used. Anybody use the shuttle? We only want it one day, to go to Discovery Cove, don't want to have to worry about having a few drinks and driving a rental. Thanks in advance.

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
TamaraQT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Hi everyone, Just counting down the days here in cold Northern Ontario til we leave. 32 days!!
We are staying at Westgate Town Center for the first time. We have done Cypress Pointe the last 3 years. I have read all the reviews about the hard sell, we are prepared for it.
Just wondered if anyone could give any insight to any amenities they have there. As in, do they clean the rooms in a 2 week stay? We have people joining us the 2nd day in our 3 bdrm, and wondered if I have to wash the sheets and change the bedding myself, so I am prepared for that. As well, do they include anything, bathroom stuff, shampoo, soap, kitchen, coffee packets, paper towel, laudry soap. That kinda stuff. We are heading to do groceries before check in. We land at 11 am, and will go eat, pick up groceries and aim to be at the resort for 3 pm for check in. Any insight would be appreciated. Oh and pool towels, are they supplied or should I bring them from home? Anything you can tell to expect from check in to check out. I did find out that we don't have to pay the daily resort fee because of the owner we used. Anybody use the shuttle? We only want it one day, to go to Discovery Cove, don't want to have to worry about having a few drinks and driving a rental. Thanks in advance.
As a Westgate Lakes owner, I must admit I do like Town Center better. We did a short 4 day rental there last year. We liked it so much that we decided this year we will spend our entire 10 day vacation at town center. It is close to Disney parks.

As far as the hard sell....it depends on what circumstances your stay is under. If you rented, or staying as a guest of an owner then you are NOT required to attend a presentation of any kind. If you rented one of their vacation packages that require you attend a presentation, then get ready for a hard sell. Other than that, you will be fine.

Yes, you are required to do your own laundry and such. However, you can pay for a cleaning if you'd like. It is an option. Also, keep in mind that spare sheets for each bed are already in the unit. In the masterbedroom, there will be spare bedding to use for the pullout sofa too. You can always call front desk to have someone drop some off to you. They usually do without question.

Bathroom stuff....yes, they provide in VERY VERY small bottles in each bathroom, so dont expect it to last for a weelk. SUGGESTION: If you will have checked bags on the flight, You are allowed to pack full size bottles of shampoo and toiletries in that. I bring my own lotions and shampoos in my checked baggage. So possibly consider that.

Other essentials...one roll of paper towels in each kitchen/kitchenette. I have not stayed in a 3 bedroom at towncenter, but if its the same setup as WG Lakes, you will have kitchen stuff in each kitchen. The kitchenette will not have a dishwasher so they do not provide dishwasher powder, but they will leave a pack or two in the full kitchen. Each kitchen/kitchenette gets a small bottle of liquid dish detergent. They will give you a coupon for a free box of laundry detergent and coffee. You redeem that in the marketplace. I think they do that so you can go over to the marketplace and see what they have to offer.

SUGGESTION: I notice you intend to checkin after you had lunch and grocery shopped. Personally, I always prefer to make the resort/hotel my first stop from the airport. If you are renting from an owner during the owners scheduled week, your room is already assigned so it could possibly be ready. Usually owner units are ready by 12pm. If it's not assigned, you can make special requests for building and view. Its easier to accomodate you at 12pm then it is at 3 or 4pm when most are checking in. Just something to think about. Check your reservation and see if your room is already assigned.

If things haven't changed over the past year, pool towels are provided in your room and not at poolside. The pool towels are white with a blue stripe. They usually provide at least 4 in each bathroom. You are required to bring them down to the pool and take them back with you. The bath towels are plain white.

Ok...I have rambled on quite a bit. Please don't hesitate to ask me anything. The resort is very nice. Nice place for kids. My 6 year old daughter liked the movie theater. They have a lot for the kids to do on property. I felt safe. My family likes poolviews instead of lake views so that is the room type i usually request. It is really a very nice resort. Because of the hard sells, Westgate gets a bad reputation, but I always enjoy my time spent there.

Last edited by TamaraQT; 01-28-2013 at 08:25 PM.
TamaraQT is offline   Reply With Quote