Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
we3travellers
Mouseketeer

Cape May breakfast, clam bake, or something else?

Just wanting your opinions....we are doing a split stay and have DDP for the first 4 nts at POR. We will not be using any TS on the first nt, so we'll have one each left for our resort change day. We are then going to YC Club level for 5 nts. I would like the first day to be a SAB day and can't decide if we should go over and start with a character breakfast at Cape May and then pool, or day at the pool and then clam bake. Some other idea maybe? We do not have any other character meals planned, but they do not make or break a WDW vacation for us. TIA
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We are starting our stay at BCV with a breakfast at Cape May Cafe and swimming at SAB. Followed with an Ice Cream snack at Beaches & Cream then Dinner at ESPN Club for DH because he loves it!

So I think the Character Breakfast is a great idea!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
we3travellers
Mouseketeer

That sounds like a great day AlohaAnnie! We will definitely be eating at ESPN one night as the nachos are fantastic! I'm thinking the breakfast is a great way to start the day and as I said, it would be our only character breakfast and probably the only big breakfast we will have since we are staying club and will have continental the rest of the week.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3travellers View Post
That sounds like a great day AlohaAnnie! We will definitely be eating at ESPN one night as the nachos are fantastic! I'm thinking the breakfast is a great way to start the day and as I said, it would be our only character breakfast and probably the only big breakfast we will have since we are staying club and will have continental the rest of the week.
I like the breakfast idea". It is one of the better character breakfasts at WDW. We are DVC with BWV point, and we usually start our vacation with Cape May Breakfast.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We love Cape May and it's a must do for us every trip (both breakfast and dinner) . If you want characters, I'd start the day with a Cape May breakfast (no characters at dinner). If a character meal isn't a priority, I'd check in, swim for the day, then have dinner at Cape May. We love the buffet at both meals .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3travellers View Post
Why, Thank You! I have thought about this for a long time. I thought it would be the best for the family.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: