Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Towncar service for arriving Sanford airport?

Thinking of using Allegiant in October. I know there's no ME. FL Tours doesn't list Sanford as an option. Do they pick up there? If not, who does? Thanks!
disneynanacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
webworm
DIS Veteran

I think you will find that it will be cheaper to rent a vehicle for the week than pay for towncar service both ways from Sanford.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Mainebound
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat
Thinking of using Allegiant in October. I know there's no ME. FL Tours doesn't list Sanford as an option. Do they pick up there? If not, who does? Thanks!
FL Tours does not pick up at Sanford. We are using Tiffany Town Car. I know Happy Limo operates from SFB as well. On the SFB site there is a list of services with many other companies. It is very expensive, to be sure. Rates are posted on both websites.

I agree with the previous poster than it can be cheaper to rent your own car. For us, once we added the daily parking fee at the Dolphin (Disney reorts do not charge for parking) and gas, it came even. I am a chauffeur to my kids every day and look forward to a week of no driving so that is a factor for us.

We have found the Sanford airport to be easy to navigate and uncrowded. The drive is not much longer than from MCO, maybe 15 or 20 minutes if you take the toll highway. Good luck!
Feb 2014 Beach Club/ Royal Pacific Resort, Feb 2013, Dolphin ; June 2012, Windsor Hills "Stich's Hideout" /Royal Pacific Resort, March 2011 WDW Dolphin, August 2009 Hard Rock Hotel, March 2008 Windsor Hills "Lakeview House"/ Portofino Bay, March 2007 Windsor Hills "Gigha Villa", March 2006 Emerald Island "The Bonita", March 2005 Emerald Island "Emerald Footprints" / Wilderness Lodge, March 2004 Swan/ Hard Rock Hotel, March 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Mainebound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: