Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

I tend to like meals on Disney compared to other lines. I wouldn't exactly say I'm a picky eater, but I don't like things "fancied up." Nothing ruins risotto like mushrooms in my opinion. I'm pretty much a bird eater, potatoes and salad. I like that Disney's food isn't too fancy. I'm not saying it's great cuisine. It's good and could be better, but I like it for what it is. As with all cruise lines, I get tired of their food around day 5 and at that point, I'm just going through the dining motions, regardless of cruise line or how great I think the food is. And, also in my opinion, Palo brunch is the best meal I've had on a cruise ship ever.
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #62
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

I've only cruised on Disney so can't comment on other lines. But I can tell you that no matter who you are, if you can't find something you like on DCL, you're either not looking or are the world's most picky eater. There are tons of options, including room service. And the lunch buffet (especially the first day) has always been one of my favorites.

And to a PP who dissed all the steaks on DCL, I have gotten very good steaks at Palo. And the souffle at Palo is definitely one of the best desserts I have had in my life.

It's amazing to me how many complain about the quality of the food on these boards. But I wonder how many of them gained weight on their last DCL cruise? Just sayin'.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread