Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

Important locations for kids to know on board....

I'm making a "Where on the Wonder is..." booklet for my son as part of our pre-cruise homeschool unit. I want to include pictures of important locations for him to locate on the ship map and note where each is located. Can you guys give me some ideas of what to include?

Thanks!
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieboyd View Post
I'm making a "Where on the Wonder is..." booklet for my son as part of our pre-cruise homeschool unit. I want to include pictures of important locations for him to locate on the ship map and note where each is located. Can you guys give me some ideas of what to include?

Thanks!
Important for what...safety, food, fun?

For safety he should know your muster station but you may not know that until you board.

I would say Guest Services, house phones, he should know your cabin number, know where the life vests are kept on deck and in your cabin, know how to put one on.

Obviously your cabin location. The atrium maybe as a central meeting place.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

How old is your son it really depends.

For my kindergartner he knew where topsiders was parrot cay animators palate Tritons the theater and the oceanears club and lab were as well as the sports deck (basketball, foosball, ping pong) and deck four (shuffleboard.)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

My son is 7.

Important, as in good places for him to know, not that he'll be going anywhere himself, but more so interesting, useful places, I guess. I thought about the Muster Station, but I don't know where that will be. So far I've got atrium, Oceaneer Club, mickey pool, medical station, our room, theater, and sports deck.
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Can he read? There's signs inside the elevators of what's on each floor, plus diagrams of the ship outside the elevators. If you're concerned about safety, is he old enough to be responsible for a wave phone so he can reach you?

Where to find the freebie soda machine so he won't be tempted to call room service?
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Can he read? There's signs inside the elevators of what's on each floor, plus diagrams of the ship outside the elevators. If you're concerned about safety, is he old enough to be responsible for a wave phone so he can reach you?

Where to find the freebie soda machine so he won't be tempted to call room service?
Yes, good point because soda ordered through room service has a fee (because it comes in a can). Soda from any bar or roaming server also has a charge.

Soda from the dispensers on the pool deck are complimentary. Soda in all the dining rooms during all meals are complimentary as well.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

The most important spots on the Wonder for our three DDs were the beverage station, pools, hot tubs and of course where the self-serve ice cream was!

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieboyd View Post

Thanks!
I'm curious where a cruise fits in for homeschool.

There have been so many judgmental posts lately that I feel it necessary to tell you that I'm merely curious. A friend of mine is going to home school her child next year and it interests me.

J

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: