Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

My DD14 has read all the Kindom Keeper books and I thought she would enjoy this but we will be at WDW 12/26-1/4 is it even worth trying when the parks are so busy?

DHDD13DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #17
deetle
Earning My Ears

My DD9 loves it. It is a great way to kill some time while other members of your party are doing a attraction the little ones don't want to do.
deetle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelovesthemous View Post
Do you trade with the cm's at the firehouse or with the guests or both??? This may be as addictive as pins!! I confess to have hit eBay to make sure we have Pocahontas and Belle card, our 2 fav princesses when we go this summer!!
I didn't run across any CMs trading cards at the Firehouse or Liberty Square location. I've read that there may be some trading (between guests, not with CMs) somewhere in Liberty Square occasionally.

I don't think SotMK cards are likely to be as addictive as pins. Firstly, there are only 73 cards (at this point) and not all characters are well represented. The cards are fun to collect, but once you get all the cards, that's it. Unless Disney comes out with a new set of cards...
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
DisHmsklMom
Earning My Ears

We played over President's Day weekend on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. My 10 and 17 yo loved it, we played as a family which made it loads of fun trying to figure out which cards we wanted to play. By Tuesday we had a number of duplicate cards, so we headed over to Tortuga Tavern and found a number of players that also had duplicates that were happy to trade. We also gave a number of cards away to little ones who were looking for their favorite characters, it was fun to see them smile when they received the card they really wanted. We really didn't have to wait in line very long most of the time, around mid-afternoon the kiosks were busier, but people moved through quickly.
We learned only trade a star card for another star card, and you don't need to have lightning cards in order to win the game. We played all three levels, you get new packs of cards each time you beat Hades.
Tips, get one of those card books from Amazon to put your cards in, my daughter would open her book to show 4 to 8 cards at a time and we would hold up cards around her cards. (She carried her book and used one of those string backpacks, which she folded up in her pocket - so we wouldn't have to go through bag check.)
We also took a plastic baggie with a pen and a piece of paper in it, we kept a list of the cards we were missing and a stack of duplicate cards to trade away.
Talk to the other families in line with you, we met great people from all over, the kids really enjoyed chatting with others about what cards they really liked.
There are some pages devoted to the game and a facebook group, for right now we've decided to just play it on our own for a while just getting tips from other families in the parks.

Last edited by DisHmsklMom; 02-22-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: crowd info
DisHmsklMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: