Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
Jess6001
Hey there, Mr. Grump Gills. You know what you gotta do when life gets you down? Just keep swimming...

Love the trip report! We are going on our first Disney cruise in May (my mom, my sis (22), and me (26)...so very similar to you guys! Looks like you all had a great time Can't wait to see it ourselves!

Jess6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #32
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess6001 View Post
Love the trip report! We are going on our first Disney cruise in May (my mom, my sis (22), and me (26)...so very similar to you guys! Looks like you all had a great time Can't wait to see it ourselves!
Glad you liked it!!! I'm going to try and add the last day when we got off the ship later on tonight. You'll have a great time on your cruise!
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #33
MichelleVW

Last Morning

Boo....last morning.......but YEA since we're heading to Epcot as soon as we pick up the rental car!!!

Since we were going to skip breakfast and head straight to Disney we kept our luggage the night before and took it off the ship ourselves. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Did have a bit of a scare when they were swiping our cards on the way out!! My card flashed something and they had to call to make sure it was ok that I left!!! Finally after what seemed like FOREVER they said I could go!!! I had left a credit card on file before we boarded, but I didn't see the note on the paper that said I had to go to guest services to settle my bill. Not sure what the point of leaving a credit card on file is if you still have to go to guest services. But whatever Lol! Got through customs easily and then headed out to find the rental car spot.

We were first in line for the rental car van and they came quickly. We stopped at a few other cruise ships to pick up people and I felt a little sorry for them for having to sail on such "ghetto ships" lol! One little girl was asking her dad why they couldn't go on the Disney ship and he said it was way too expensive.

The rental car experience was HORRIBLE!! We used Thrifty and the counter people were SO SLOW!! It didn't help that the people ahead of us renting cars weren't American and I don't really think they understood the process at all. There were 3 families ahead of me and I think it took 30 minutes for me to get to the counter. It was nuts.

Finally we got the car and before you know it we were in France buying artwork on the street!!!

<untitled> 3464 by michellevw04, on Flickr
Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #34
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess6001 View Post
Jess I think we may be on the same trip looking at your dates (May 9- Dream?).

Loved this report! Trying to decide what to do in Nassau. Love to see you just walked around and enjoyed some time there then went back to the ship to enjoy that, too! It is our first DCL and 1st time in Nassau so I was trying to decide what to do (it is me, my mom and my 4 yo DS). I am debating on the trip to Blue Lagoon and doing the shallow dolphin experience. Have you done that? We definitely plan on a beach day at CC. ARGH now what to do

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #35
MichelleVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Jess I think we may be on the same trip looking at your dates (May 9- Dream?).

Loved this report! Trying to decide what to do in Nassau. Love to see you just walked around and enjoyed some time there then went back to the ship to enjoy that, too! It is our first DCL and 1st time in Nassau so I was trying to decide what to do (it is me, my mom and my 4 yo DS). I am debating on the trip to Blue Lagoon and doing the shallow dolphin experience. Have you done that? We definitely plan on a beach day at CC. ARGH now what to do
I almost booked the Sea lion encounter in Nassau at Blue Lagoon but it just took so much time. I didn't want to waste a whole day away from the ship!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
AussieMice
Earning My Ears

great trip report i cant wait until im on the Dream
AussieMice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Hi, I am doing a three nights with my DD 13, want to do the duscover atlantis tour since she does not remeber when we where at the Atlantis before, but I am not sure.
linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #38
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I almost booked the Sea lion encounter in Nassau at Blue Lagoon but it just took so much time. I didn't want to waste a whole day away from the ship!
Good to know. My little guy is 4 and the trip is so short though I do think we will have to go again sometime (or maybe 3 ) just to get enough ship time! I just booked Alaska 2014 today for 9 days. Different ship of course but I haven't even gone on a Disney ship and I am already hooked

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #39
MichelleVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Good to know. My little guy is 4 and the trip is so short though I do think we will have to go again sometime (or maybe 3 ) just to get enough ship time! I just booked Alaska 2014 today for 9 days. Different ship of course but I haven't even gone on a Disney ship and I am already hooked
Congrats on your Alaskan booking!! We just booked a 7 night Mediterranean for May 31 2014!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: