Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
AR81
DIS Veteran

Adding the dining plan in this scenario...

I wasn't sure if I should post this in this forum or the dvc/renting points threads. We are thinking about renting points for a studio through dvcrental.com and looking at undercover tourist ticket prices are cheaper. Not a huge difference but a little cheaper. Now if I rent points for the studio and get my tickets through undercover tourist, can I add the dining plan? If not is it because of the renting points or not getting the tickets through disney?
AR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
I wasn't sure if I should post this in this forum or the dvc/renting points threads. We are thinking about renting points for a studio through dvcrental.com and looking at undercover tourist ticket prices are cheaper. Not a huge difference but a little cheaper. Now if I rent points for the studio and get my tickets through undercover tourist, can I add the dining plan? If not is it because of the renting points or not getting the tickets through disney?
You can use DVC points and put the DP on there without getting tickets through Disney. DVC is one of the few scenarios where that is possible.

You'll have to pay for it in full when you put it on.
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
AR81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
You can use DVC points and put the DP on there without getting tickets through Disney. DVC is one of the few scenarios where that is possible.

You'll have to pay for it in full when you put it on.
Thanks for the info, so would that be the same if I am renting the points from dvcrental.com? I am not the actual DVC member...
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
ladybuglydia
Mouseketeer

We have rented points before and used the dining plan. We did have to pay for everything up front. We purchased tickets online and picked them up in will call when we arrived.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

In Nov. I had an AP room only reservation and added the DDP. We did have to pay for it that day because I waited until a couple weeks before our trip. (within the 45 days out window). DH had a 7 day tkt from Undercover Tourist. No tkts purchased thru Disney. I think the only time tkts are required is when the plan is free. But I don't know for sure!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
AR81
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the info and clarification... So it looks like this is going to work out for us after all... Loving the idea of renting a studio since it is only going to me and 2 small children at a deluxe resort with all the deluxe amenities of the hotel for about the same price of a moderate!! I was looking at if it was possible adding the quick service dining plan mainly for convenience and just booking 2 or 3 ts and paying out of pocket for those for our 6 day stay.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
In Nov. I had an AP room only reservation and added the DDP. We did have to pay for it that day because I waited until a couple weeks before our trip. (within the 45 days out window). DH had a 7 day tkt from Undercover Tourist. No tkts purchased thru Disney. I think the only time tkts are required is when the plan is free. But I don't know for sure!!
AP, military, DVC, and cast members are able to do the DP without tickets.

On a regular reservation you would be required to have at least 1 day of tickets to add the DP. With free dining, it's 2 days.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
Thank you all for the info and clarification... So it looks like this is going to work out for us after all... Loving the idea of renting a studio since it is only going to me and 2 small children at a deluxe resort with all the deluxe amenities of the hotel for about the same price of a moderate!! I was looking at if it was possible adding the quick service dining plan mainly for convenience and just booking 2 or 3 ts and paying out of pocket for those for our 6 day stay.
I would take a look at the menus and compare the costs. The QSDP has really lost a lot of value, and typically ends up costing more OOP at full price now. Might save you some money to go straight OOP for all meals and maybe put your food money on gift cards for budgeting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: