Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #121
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Released today, 2014 itineraries now on website.

eBta 2014 12 nights

Wbta 14 nights Barcelona, Malaga, Tenerife, Antigua, st Maarten, st kitts and San juan

Seriously thinking of doing the westbound, great ports.
Sept 6, 2014?

Saturday

Barcelona, Spain

Sunday

At Sea

Monday

Malaga, Spain

Tuesday - Wednesday

At Sea

Thursday

Tenerife, Canary Islands

Friday - Tuesday

At Sea

Wednesday

Antigua

Thursday

St. Maarten

Friday

St. Kitts

Saturday

San Juan, Puerto Rico
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #122
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
I was younger when I went to Hawaii but I wasn't really that impressed. That is not meant to be ugly. It was way crowded. My little girl wants to go to Hawaii and it's not way up there for me. I do want to see Aulani but other then that can think of lots of other places I would rather go.

Oh I forgot to mention I hate the beach and I LOVE CC. I guess it's more that everything is right there and it's not that crowded. A friend said it's like WDW at the beach. I really would have liked to have done some of the cruises out of Galveston but wish they had started the shorter ones earlier and offered more options for CC. That would have sold me for sure!
Interestingly, Aulani doesn't thrill me. It is not on the most picturesque part of the island (actually the ugliest IMO) and there is nothing to do out there (aside from the actual resort, which of course, is magical). Once you step outside the boundaries of the resort, it's just meh.

I also do not like crowds, so I'm with ya on that one! I am looking forward to the perks of CC for sure. I think I was only looking at Port Adventures and not at the actual CC page, so I thought that's all there was to do.

You should give Hawaii a try again! And definitely go to the outer islands!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #123
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:

PC listed for may 2014 but no other date that year !!
Oh SWEET! I am doing both!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #124
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

PC listed for may 2014 but no other date that year !!
Sept, 12, 2014 is the 14-night Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Port Canaveral: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...-canal-cruise/

I like the westbound TA itinerary much better than the 12-night eastbound. However, if I want to go to Caribbean ports, I will book a Caribbean cruise.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #125
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

ahh.... just saw our facebook page with the dates posted

I was trying to multi-task too much these past few hours and new dates were third on the burner
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #126
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
SETTLE??? hahaha
I thought you would comment on that! The whole state of Hawaii is on my crap list as my friend/co-worker is moving back home there in May and I will be lost without her. For some reason, she rather live there than in DE! I don't get it? I mean after yesterday, why would you ever want to leave our city of Wilmington office for the Hawaii office? Our office building shares the parking garage and overlooks the New Castle County Courthouse, where the shootings took place yesterday. We had a first hand account of the action and from my office window, we got the see the body covered for most of the day...I am just thankful that I get to the office at 7am and since it was raining, we didn't walk to the courthouse for our morning coffee (the DD is in the lobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Interestingly, Aulani doesn't thrill me. It is not on the most picturesque part of the island (actually the ugliest IMO) and there is nothing to do out there (aside from the actual resort, which of course, is magical). Once you step outside the boundaries of the resort, it's just meh.
This is what my friend also told me. She said we would be crazy to stay there!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #127
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Sept, 12, 2014 is the 14-night Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Port Canaveral: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...-canal-cruise/

I like the westbound TA itinerary much better than the 12-night

eastbound. However, if I want to go to Caribbean ports, I will book a Caribbean cruise.
👍 I was too eager and didn't scroll down that far 😜

Yeah the eastbound is pretty poor.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #128
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:

Dcl website, gold/platinum book tomorrow, Thursday for the rest of us.

Look under cruises and destinations - top left ��
Thank you! We're gold....I need to convince DH! I am also interested in a Panama Canal sail.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #129
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I thought you would comment on that! The whole state of Hawaii is on my crap list as my friend/co-worker is moving back home there in May and I will be lost without her. For some reason, she rather live there than in DE! I don't get it? I mean after yesterday, why would you ever want to leave our city of Wilmington office for the Hawaii office? Our office building shares the parking garage and overlooks the New Castle County Courthouse, where the shootings took place yesterday. We had a first hand account of the action and from my office window, we got the see the body covered for most of the day...I am just thankful that I get to the office at 7am and since it was raining, we didn't walk to the courthouse for our morning coffee (the DD is in the lobby...

This is what my friend also told me. She said we would be crazy to stay there!
How could you NOT want to hang around for more of that? What is wrong with her? haha

I think it's funny that you found a friend from Hawaii and I found DH from WV! People that grew up here are weird -- hard for us to stay away and many of us return home after exploring "the states". The ocean, weather, and people always bring us back.

Where is she getting married?

We had a choice of AKV or Aulani when we bought DVC in June. I was like "Uh no, I never want to go there, and certainly am not going to waste my 11 month privilege there when I can get some cheap Kama'aina rate anyway." I'd rather fly 7500 miles to my home resort haha.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #130
chrisandedfromCT
Earning My Ears

We're going to book the PC in Sept. 2014 - something to look forward to after the TA this year!
chrisandedfromCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #131
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
today I looked at my pins and am thinking how I will bring some special ones to show and I will love to meet and talk to people at this event!!

Bobbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
That's what I thought would be cool, people sharing stories on why pins are special to them
Love this idea, too! We always bring one lanyard with just our special pins, we rotate them depending on what we are doing!

I just managed to cruise thru some of the posts, man this thread got active FAST!

Glad to see some kind of new faces, too...

Still reading......

Beverly
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #132
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I like to phrase it as "maximizing our vacation time available"

It drives me nuts if we wander around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do, where to eat, how to get from Point A to Point B.... when I could have had it figured out previously. There's such a limited time when on vacation I try to get everything in as efficiently and affordably as possibly.

So no... you are not over planning You are maximizing and becoming efficient so you can enjoy vacation

ETA: When you have two little ones with you, it's a definite to have a little over-planning
Too funny, Mandy - I am about the same, but have tried to learn some otherwise too! Best time we had on our last Med cruise was when DH and I decided to wing it and we just got off and went to see what we could do. Lovely HOHO carriage ride and then a beer in a cafe right by the port!

Understand about kids tho, since ours have gotten a bit older now, not as big of a worry - they are better at winging it than I ever will be!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #133
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
I just made an appointment, Mandy. My first skin checkup. Your post made me decide. Thank you.
Bobbi
Good for you. My MIL had skin cancer and she doesn't holiday in the sun and never even sits in it!!

It annoys me how people take skin cancer so lightly. A lot of people don't realise how serious it is. MIL nearly died from it
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #134
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819

The bike ride is alot of fun too. We did that last time and then went back to play in the water. It's not just beach...the water slides and rope swings are fun!!!
Is rope swing what I think it is? You hold on and swing to drop in the water? I hope so

We wanted to do the parasailing but we are too fat! Haha!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #135
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

What does everybody think of the new itineraries then? I am loving the Westbound. It looks awesome. However it is is our 10 year anniversary at the end of September 2014 and we wanted to be away for that day. We are also set on going to the Maldives for 7 nights and Tokyo for another 7 to celebrate it. If the Fantasy had been doing the new 7 night SC and then we could have has 7 nights in WDW, I may have been swayed

Am I the only one who thinks it would be a nice change for the Wonder to come over to Europe? I would have tried to take some days unpaid from work to fit a 4 or 7 night in if it had been the Wonder.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: