Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #1261
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I also enjoy trivia games!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1262
JimmyL47
Gotta Luv Cruisin

Trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyjasper1970 View Post
We were the bar team on the EBTA 2011 we did really well on 50's 80's and 90's so will definitely be up for the music quizzes. See you there Mike and Tracy xx

Judith and I also enjoy the trivia games, all genres. Judith is better at it than I am, she is a freaking genius. But I can usually muddle my way throguh.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #1263
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I can't recall if I mentioned it on here or on FB but for the past 10 weeks I've been participating in my gym's "Lose to Win" program (similar to the Biggest Loser) and Weight Watchers. Anyway, I've lost over 18lbs and I earned 2nd place in the Lose to Win, winning $750. I'm very proud of my weight loss and excited that I've increased my fitness level and endurance. The money is pretty awesome too... extra vacation money!!
Yay!! That is fantastic, Henrietta!!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #1264
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't recall if I mentioned it on here or on FB but for the past 10 weeks I've been participating in my gym's "Lose to Win" program (similar to the Biggest Loser) and Weight Watchers. Anyway, I've lost over 18lbs and I earned 2nd place in the Lose to Win, winning $750. I'm very proud of my weight loss and excited that I've increased my fitness level and endurance. The money is pretty awesome too... extra vacation money!!
Congrats! That is wonderful. I wish I was having some luck but my extra pounds aren't budging. I am going to start the 30 day shred this week, hoping I will see some results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Cool!!!

I haven't been trying to lose pounds per se, but I have been trying to lose belly fat using Dr. Oz's plan. Three greek yogurts a day is not convenient or fun (and I think it tastes like chalk), but it seems to be making a big difference. Thankfully, my experiment ends (after 12 weeks) when we embark.
I HATE greek yogurt! I know it is a great source of protein and great for runners but I just can't seem to get use to it. I have tried on my attempts. It is just not for me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I also enjoy trivia games!
I love trivia on the ships. My dad was a trivia genius and we won everytime we played. I have a nice collection of HAL mugs from our winnings. He knew every song/artist/album/year after the second or third note of the song. I will never forget when I knew the answer to a question in general trivia and he didn't. He wrote down his answer and we got it wrong. I never let him live it down. The largest rodent is North America is the beaver, not the groundhog!

Trivia on the ships just isn't the same without him and makes me miss him more.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #1265
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

The boys' birthday party was yesterday and another awesome one. They wanted a Rent party, but Tony said that was inappropriate, so we made it Rent/Charlie Brown haha. But the only Peanuts stuff was Snoopy plates, cups, napkins, etc.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that the signature cocktail this year was a Cucumber Mint Vodka Gimlet Spritzer. YUMMO! I wish they had those on DCL.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #1266
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
The boys' birthday party was yesterday and another awesome one. They wanted a Rent party, but Tony said that was inappropriate, so we made it Rent/Charlie Brown haha. But the only Peanuts stuff was Snoopy plates, cups, napkins, etc.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that the signature cocktail this year was a Cucumber Mint Vodka Gimlet Spritzer. YUMMO! I wish they had those on DCL.
You've got to share the recipe for that. It sounds fabulous.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #1267
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Birthday to the boys! That drink sounds yummy!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #1268
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Very labor-intensive, but SO worth it!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ipe/index.html

Because our guests would be at our party for several hours (and because it started at 11am haha), we mixed seltzer water in as it was served. About 50/50. Just for some frame of reference, I used THIRTY hothouse English cucumbers from Costco. Giant suckers. Took forever, but wowza!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:10 AM   #1269
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Very labor-intensive, but SO worth it!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ipe/index.html

Because our guests would be at our party for several hours (and because it started at 11am haha), we mixed seltzer water in as it was served. About 50/50. Just for some frame of reference, I used THIRTY hothouse English cucumbers from Costco. Giant suckers. Took forever, but wowza!
Cathy and I make a drink with EFFEN cucumber vodka. Shaved Fennel and shaved cucumber muddled in the glass add 1 oz of the vodka then fill with sprite....most yummy.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #1270
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

Do you have to eat a certain brand of Greek Yogurt? Can it be flavored? I can CONSUME Noosa greek yogurt and so can dd. It is so yummy.
Quote:
Cool!!!

I haven't been trying to lose pounds per se, but I have been trying to lose belly fat using Dr. Oz's plan. Three greek yogurts a day is not convenient or fun (and I think it tastes like chalk), but it seems to be making a big difference. Thankfully, my experiment ends (after 12 weeks) when we embark.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #1271
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

That is AWESOME!!! I think the cash prize is a GREAT incentive!! It might make me GO to the gym!
Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #1272
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I think our trip to Costa Rica this past week was a great trial run for the cruise again. I made it with just two pairs of shoes, three dresses for dinner, clothes for the day (and backups in case wet from excursions in rainforest), swimsuits, pjs, and makeup/hair supplies. Hubby had comparable clothing (dress pants and shirts -- not dresses LOL -- and he had three pairs of shoes.) We both packed using packing cubes, gone four nights total - and had one checked bag that weighed 38.5 lbs (flew Spirit Air for one leg so they have a 40 lb limit) and one personal carryon item. That was total between the two of us - one checked, one personal.

I will be glad the laundry room is onboard for this cruise! But super thankful for packing cubes!!

Hubby and I got split up flying home since he was flying standby, so I took the luggage and personal carryon since I was ticketed. He got looked at funny going through customs/immigration when he had no luggage and had been in Costa Rica for four days - and even funnier when he said he sent the luggage home with his wife on a different flight!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #1273
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
Cathy and I make a drink with EFFEN cucumber vodka. Shaved Fennel and shaved cucumber muddled in the glass add 1 oz of the vodka then fill with sprite....most yummy.
Mmmm...that sounds delicious, too!

Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #1274
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
Do you have to eat a certain brand of Greek Yogurt? Can it be flavored? I can CONSUME Noosa greek yogurt and so can dd. It is so yummy.
The research did not state a certain brand or whether or not it could be flavored. They actually used low-fat, but I use non-fat. The idea is that Greek yogurt is thicker and has much more protein (which keeps you more full for longer). Also, with all it's calcium, it is thought to prevent fat from entering the cells and to help carry out the fat. I can't stand any of it. But I do manage to eat the single-serving flavored Chobani yogurts for this. The study is dated, but at least it is from NIH (National Institute of Health) so it is believable.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #1275
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I think our trip to Costa Rica this past week was a great trial run for the cruise again. I made it with just two pairs of shoes, three dresses for dinner, clothes for the day (and backups in case wet from excursions in rainforest), swimsuits, pjs, and makeup/hair supplies. Hubby had comparable clothing (dress pants and shirts -- not dresses LOL -- and he had three pairs of shoes.) We both packed using packing cubes, gone four nights total - and had one checked bag that weighed 38.5 lbs (flew Spirit Air for one leg so they have a 40 lb limit) and one personal carryon item. That was total between the two of us - one checked, one personal.

I will be glad the laundry room is onboard for this cruise! But super thankful for packing cubes!!

Hubby and I got split up flying home since he was flying standby, so I took the luggage and personal carryon since I was ticketed. He got looked at funny going through customs/immigration when he had no luggage and had been in Costa Rica for four days - and even funnier when he said he sent the luggage home with his wife on a different flight!
Wow, that is some light packing! Glad he made it through customs hahaha!

We are leaving for Lake Tahoe tomorrow and are taking three suitcases and two roller boards, plus we each have a backpack/messenger bag (and by each, I mean the four of us haha). I think I need more practice!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: