Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #91
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Prayers that all is well! I go yearly for a full body dermatology check but I know a lot of people don't and it's a very important one to do. I've have a few spots removed as well but thank goodness they came back negative!!!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
heatherb819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #92
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
You deserve a lot of the credit Mandy, it was a great idea!
Nah... but thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Yay team!

Agreed! Mandy, you're an awesome cruise director!
And funny you said "cruise director". We have taken our family on two group cruises of about 20-ish of us. The first of which was the first cruise (and first flight) for most involved. I felt like a mother duck.

Seriously - by working together as a DIS group, we are able to help one another out, share experiences and tidbits, and help make this the best vacation ever for everyone involved. Life is way too short on this planet IMHO, so be positive and help all you can.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #93
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

I TOTALLY Agree!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post

Seriously - by working together as a DIS group, we are able to help one another out, share experiences and tidbits, and help make this the best vacation ever for everyone involved. Life is way too short on this planet IMHO, so be positive and help all you can.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #94
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

Thanks for that reminder, I think dh's is coming up. Prayers everything is good!
Quote:
For those of you who do yearly (or more often) dermatologist appointments for skin cancer checks -- let me suggest that if you are due before the cruise, schedule it at least a month prior to leaving for Galveston.

I went back on Friday just for a mole that bothered me (my normal appts are Dec and May). Figured it was just clothes rubbing it. I learned today the biopsy showed it was pre-melanoma so I am returning to get wider margins cut. That means stitches (about 3 inches) for two weeks in my shoulder. So from figuring your checkup, waiting for any biopsy results, then scheduling a follow-up if a biopsy comes back funky... just thought I would throw that out there for planning purposes. I had another one of these last spring right before our trip to the USVI - literally had stitches removed the day before our flight out. This time my stitches will come out 2 weeks before we leave for Costa Rica.

I am very thankful it was not full melanoma like hubby has had, and thankful it can just be cut out by catching it early. My regular 6-month appt is in early May, and after this impromptu visit, it made me rethink that early May appointment's scheduling.

And for those of you not doing yearly dermatology checkups (and monthly self skin exams), please consider it. It might just save your life! And pack your sunscreen, wide brim hat, etc for this fabulous cruise!!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #95
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those of you who do yearly (or more often) dermatologist appointments for skin cancer checks -- let me suggest that if you are due before the cruise, schedule it at least a month prior to leaving for Galveston.

I went back on Friday just for a mole that bothered me (my normal appts are Dec and May). Figured it was just clothes rubbing it. I learned today the biopsy showed it was pre-melanoma so I am returning to get wider margins cut. That means stitches (about 3 inches) for two weeks in my shoulder. So from figuring your checkup, waiting for any biopsy results, then scheduling a follow-up if a biopsy comes back funky... just thought I would throw that out there for planning purposes. I had another one of these last spring right before our trip to the USVI - literally had stitches removed the day before our flight out. This time my stitches will come out 2 weeks before we leave for Costa Rica.

I am very thankful it was not full melanoma like hubby has had, and thankful it can just be cut out by catching it early. My regular 6-month appt is in early May, and after this impromptu visit, it made me rethink that early May appointment's scheduling.

And for those of you not doing yearly dermatology checkups (and monthly self skin exams), please consider it. It might just save your life! And pack your sunscreen, wide brim hat, etc for this fabulous cruise!!
Yikes! Glad you are able to contain it. We should never take anything for granted!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #96
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammyto4
Hi, looking forward to traveling on my first Disney cruise. This isn't my first cruise by any means, or my first Disney adventure. My daughter WVU Runner has set me up for all the exciting events. I am not the best with the computer so now she is teaching me how to use the Disboards. So we will see how it goes. Looking forward to cruising with everyone.
Welcome onboard! Look forward to meeting you
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #97
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod
Not trying to be snooty, but can someone tell me the big draw of CC for someone that is not landlocked? I do not expect most beaches to rival ours, but if there is something special I should know about, I am always open. I love the beach and the water. Just won't be "wowed" by the prospect of snorkeling with some fish (since I can do that 365 days a year).

Right now we are planning to do the paddle boats and trikes. The boys are too young for wave runners.
OK - way to make me jealous while I am on my way to work on a snowy, grey morning in a horrible city! Lol
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #98
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819
Prayers that all is well! I go yearly for a full body dermatology check but I know a lot of people don't and it's a very important one to do. I've have a few spots removed as well but thank goodness they came back negative!!!
That'a good news - bet you were very relieved!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #99
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Checking into the new thread! It's 9.45pm here, and if I was on the Magic right now, I'd be relaxing in the cabin before heading to the piano bar for cocktails and tunes. One thing I really enjoyed on the Panama Canal cruise was having time to enjoy the evening entertainment til it closed down, without burning the candle at both ends and feeling I had to be up first thing in the morning too to get my money's worth. I'm a morning lark..except when on holiday
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #100
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Yay team!

I quoted this and was going to tell you to sit by me, I'm chatty. But then then I saw Henrietta mentions switching with us, so I'm guessing you're in the other seating.

I'll do whatever anyone wants. We're easy and both groups look like loads of fun.

Thanks for your flexibility. As I said I would be willing to move too. I can be quite chatty as well and will talk to anyone and everyone. At the Palo Brunch, though I may be so busy stuffing my face that talking may be difficult!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #101
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Nah... but thanks!
So true!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #102
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

I'm glad you're getting it taken care of and that you had it checked earlier than you're regular appt.

My yearly appt is in Sept, so I'm good to go here.

Quote:
Nah... but thanks!

And funny you said "cruise director". We have taken our family on two group cruises of about 20-ish of us. The first of which was the first cruise (and first flight) for most involved. I felt like a mother duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Thanks for your flexibility. As I said I would be willing to move too. I can be quite chatty as well and will talk to anyone and everyone. At the Palo Brunch, though I may be so busy stuffing my face that talking may be difficult!!
Good point! Maybe I'll be oddly quiet
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #103
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
Checking into the new thread! It's 9.45pm here, and if I was on the Magic right now, I'd be relaxing in the cabin before heading to the piano bar for cocktails and tunes. One thing I really enjoyed on the Panama Canal cruise was having time to enjoy the evening entertainment til it closed down, without burning the candle at both ends and feeling I had to be up first thing in the morning too to get my money's worth. I'm a morning lark..except when on holiday
Ahhhhhh..... yes...... One of my favorite relaxing activities onboard!

Quote:

Good point! Maybe I'll be oddly quiet
Yeah, right.... And maybe I'll do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Yay for all negatives! I have fortunately had more negatives than "uh ohs". As long as they don't have to go digging after lymph nodes to do any biopsies, I am MORE than happy having new battle scars on any of us. Hubby said having the lymph nodes taken out hurt worse than the 5-inch scar he has from that spot one now.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #104
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I just made an appointment, Mandy. My first skin checkup. Your post made me decide. Thank you.
Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #105
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
you are definately spoiled!! So, if the island itself isn't a draw (beautiful) you could consider the wave runners - they take you out to a sandbar about a mile from anywhere to explore. The path is beautiful - most likely you have the same (or better) flowers at home.

The beaches are nice - I didn't see a lot of beaches while in Hawaii - so I can't compare. The sand is white and soft (I guess most of it is in that locale - in NJ it is much coarser and rough to walk on). The are lots of things to photograph, and the buildings are interesting - make note of the names - all of them are people who work for DCL!

If you choose to stay on the ship - well...lots to do! Movies, kids clubs, spa stuff etc...they keep the activities going for those who are sun-shy or just prefer to not go on the island.
I am super bummed we can't do the wave runners. That would've definitely been my first choice.

I think for me the "sand" part can be nice almost anywhere, but the "water" part is what thrills me -- crystal clear, from aqua to deep blue...

I am very interested in checking out the buildings now! That is cool!

And I have heard that many choose to stay on the ship. But not us. I am a water girl and we are getting in no matter what! (my son put that on btw haha)

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: