Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #61
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper
Just seen we're onto the new thread - hooray!!

I've noticed I'm the only singleton on the palo brunch I've signed up to, so please can everyone else that day talk to me! Have never done palo before precisely because I'm on my own, so now slightly paranoid!

Today I've started on my fish extender gifts which has really got me excited about the cruise.

Wednesday I am DEFINITELY starting my diet - I need to get pancake day out of the way tomorrow, then thats it!
Of course we will talk to you

Don't worry at all, it's all going to be great x
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #62
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

I don't think $1,398 pp for VGT is that great. I would've guessed $998 pp. The difference between the OGT @ ~ $800 pp and the VGT @ ~ $1,400 pp is $600 - or $1,200 more for 2 people. That's a really big price jump from window to verandah.
We won't be paying the extra, to me, the extra money goes a long way towards a 2 centre Europe trip for us in September.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #63
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

I hear ya both! I will plan, but when something happens that I can't control then I go with the flow.

I just can not be like some I know on cruises who literally get on the ship not knowing what the ports of call are, and then start thinking about shore excursions once onboard. Then they are the ones complaining they can't get into a certain restaurant because they never made reservations in advance. (Yep, seen it happen). That's the complete opposite though - *not* planning.
Oh I could never ever do that!! But when you start obsessing over a restaurant for every single night of your trip, I think that's too much for me now. I do like walking past a few places and getting the feel for one, looking at the menu etc etc

Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #64
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Just seen we're onto the new thread - hooray!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I've noticed I'm the only singleton on the palo brunch I've signed up to, so please can everyone else that day talk to me! Have never done palo before precisely because I'm on my own, so now slightly paranoid!
Don't fret over being the only singleton! You're in the same group as me. My mother-in-law will be there as well --- as father-in-law was not interested in the trip. We just saw her this weekend and she is super excited to meet everyone, especially after I told her that there are others traveling without their significant other. So absolutely zero worries!!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #65
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I don't think $1,398 pp for VGT is that great. I would've guessed $998 pp. The difference between the OGT @ ~ $800 pp and the VGT @ ~ $1,400 pp is $600 - or $1,200 more for 2 people. That's a really big price jump from window to verandah.
I was surprised at the VGT rate as well. Not just comparing it the way you did, but also comparing to Interline and Military rates. I was trying to recall what they were in the past for a 14-nt transatlantic. Do you remember Nancy?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #66
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Oh I could never ever do that!! But when you start obsessing over a restaurant for every single night of your trip, I think that's too much for me now. I do like walking past a few places and getting the feel for one, looking at the menu etc etc
Yep - we have our one or two restaurants we know we want to hit, but also enjoy spur of the moment. In fact, our apartment in Barcelona was based in the area we loved near Casa Batllo and our favorite tapas restaurant!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #67
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

You guys are always so helpful! I'm still not sure on the Palo brunch. I'm going to think about it.

Haven't heard back from my TA on rebooking. We are already at 11C GTY so we might just rebook at the IGT since it's so crazy cheap. I dunno...we'll see.

On future cruises, when do those type of rates (IGT, OGT, VGT) come out? We just started cruising last year but the price of a Disney cruise is what's kept me from doing it until now. I might just start watching for the cheap rates and book more last minute cruises in the future if it means cruising Disney more often.

I'm not a huge drinker so I'm not sure how much we'll bring. I rarely ever drink around my kiddo, but from what everyone says, she'll probably be in the kids club anyway. I don't really drink much anyway, so who knows. Thanks for the info, I definitely want to play by the rules so the privilege is not revoked!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #68
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I was surprised at the VGT rate as well. Not just comparing it the way you did, but also comparing to Interline and Military rates. I was trying to recall what they were in the past for a 14-nt transatlantic. Do you remember Nancy?
Sorry, Mandy, but I didn't pay much attention to other Transatlantic cruise prices - other than the eastbounds in cat 12.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #69
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea
Haven't heard back from my TA on rebooking. We are already at 11C GTY so we might just rebook at the IGT since it's so crazy cheap. I dunno...we'll see.
We booked 11C GTY and with two adults in the room, if we cancelled and rebooked, the savings would be less than $100. Remember if you book an *GT rate you can't make any changes or get any money back if you cancel, you are out of luck.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #70
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post
You guys are always so helpful! I'm still not sure on the Palo brunch. I'm going to think about it.
We have to have a minimum of 12 per group (max of 14) to reserve the private room for group brunch. It really is a lot of fun, and like Paul said earlier, we met friends that we would have not met otherwise probably. We are seated in a private room with exceptional service, and one wall is windows in that private room of Palo. Maybe if you were able to join Group 1 to make it 13 that might also help LadyShopper out for being a singleton? (And my mother in law)?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #71
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
We have to have a minimum of 12 per group (max of 14) to reserve the private room for group brunch. It really is a lot of fun, and like Paul said earlier, we met friends that we would have not met otherwise probably. We are seated in a private room with exceptional service, and one wall is windows in that private room of Palo. Maybe if you were able to join Group 1 to make it 13 that might also help LadyShopper out for being a singleton? (And my mother in law)?
It would be hubby and I if we did decide to book it. The fact that the brunch is buffet style is a big selling point to me. We've only been on two other cruises (NCL and Carnival) but this one will be very different for us. We've never done the formal nights and we don't eat in the MDR's. The one time we tried the MDR on NCL, hubby got sick before the main course arrived, so he left me there. I hurried through my meal and left. Anyhoo, we are kind of laid back and like not being on a schedule when cruising. Having a set time to eat, dressing up, meeting people, this will be a completely different experience for us. Who knows, maybe we'll like it even more! Being Disney, I'm sure we will.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #72
Grammyto4
Earning My Ears

First time Disney cruiser

Hi, looking forward to traveling on my first Disney cruise. This isn't my first cruise by any means, or my first Disney adventure. My daughter WVU Runner has set me up for all the exciting events. I am not the best with the computer so now she is teaching me how to use the Disboards. So we will see how it goes. Looking forward to cruising with everyone.
Grammyto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #73
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammyto4 View Post
Hi, looking forward to traveling on my first Disney cruise. This isn't my first cruise by any means, or my first Disney adventure. My daughter WVU Runner has set me up for all the exciting events. I am not the best with the computer so now she is teaching me how to use the Disboards. So we will see how it goes. Looking forward to cruising with everyone.
Welcome!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #74
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammyto4 View Post
Yay! My parents are also onboard (but not part of the DIS), so it's glad to see more grandparents joining!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #75
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Not trying to be snooty, but can someone tell me the big draw of CC for someone that is not landlocked? I do not expect most beaches to rival ours, but if there is something special I should know about, I am always open. I love the beach and the water. Just won't be "wowed" by the prospect of snorkeling with some fish (since I can do that 365 days a year).

Right now we are planning to do the paddle boats and trikes. The boys are too young for wave runners.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: