Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #31
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
FAO Bobbiwoz - I saw you mention on the previous thread that you are not a big/serious pin collector. Just to let you know I'm not really either as I only buy pins from Disney parks not off Ebay etc. So I may be not trading lots on the day, if any, that's why I tried to put it on the website that if you want to come and just chat about pins and admire others that's fine too

Hopefully it hasn't put you off signing up
I did sign in today!

I am dealing with issues other than cruising these days, so not active here. However, today I looked at my pins and am thinking how I will bring some special ones to show and I will love to meet and talk to people at this event!!

I also appreciate getting all of the information.

Is there a target number for the FE groups. I have not signed up because the number of participants is so high. Now I have read about subgroups. Can someone please elaborate?

Bobbi
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #32
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I did sign in today!

I am dealing with issues other than cruising these days, so not active here. However, today I looked at my pins and am thinking how I will bring some special ones to show and I will love to meet and talk to people at this event!!

Is there a target number for the FE groups. I have not signed up because the number of participants is so high. Now I have read about subgroups. Can someone please elaborate?

Bobbi
Bobbi, Sarah said earlier that she would limit the top number to 20 cabins (that is how I remember it) There may be more people but a lot of people just do one cabin gift so that should at least get you started. can't wait!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #33
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz

I did sign in today!

Bobbi
That's what I thought would be cool, people sharing stories on why pins are special to them
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #34
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Love the new thread! Thanks to everyone who contributed.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #35
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Glad we made it to the new thread!

I am finalizing our plans for Port Adventures. I have looked on Trip Advisor and then basically just picked what I thought we would like. Not the best strategy, but whatevs, I love traveling and seeing/doing new things so I'm sure it will all be fine!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #36
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Glad we made it to the new thread!

I am finalizing our plans for Port Adventures. I have looked on Trip Advisor and then basically just picked what I thought we would like. Not the best strategy, but whatevs, I love traveling and seeing/doing new things so I'm sure it will all be fine!
Sometimes, that's the best way to do it!! It can lead to some fun and exceptional experiences.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #37
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
Bobbi, Sarah said earlier that she would limit the top number to 20 cabins (that is how I remember it) There may be more people but a lot of people just do one cabin gift so that should at least get you started. can't wait!
That's what I remember as well.... 15-20 cabins.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #38
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Love the new thread! Thanks to everyone who contributed.
Thanks! Lots of event organizers behind the scenes putting stuff together. Team effort!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #39
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC

Sometimes, that's the best way to do it!! It can lead to some fun and exceptional experiences.
That's what I try to do now, I tend to over plan things lately and I need to stop doing it!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #40
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
That's what I try to do now, I tend to over plan things lately and I need to stop doing it!
I like to phrase it as "maximizing our vacation time available"

It drives me nuts if we wander around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do, where to eat, how to get from Point A to Point B.... when I could have had it figured out previously. There's such a limited time when on vacation I try to get everything in as efficiently and affordably as possibly.

So no... you are not over planning You are maximizing and becoming efficient so you can enjoy vacation

ETA: When you have two little ones with you, it's a definite to have a little over-planning
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #41
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Thanks! Lots of event organizers behind the scenes putting stuff together. Team effort!
You deserve a lot of the credit Mandy, it was a great idea!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #42
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post

It drives me nuts if we wander around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do, where to eat, how to get from Point A to Point B.... when I could have had it figured out previously. There's such a limited time when on vacation I try to get everything in as efficiently and affordably as possibly.

So no... you are not over planning You are maximizing and becoming efficient so you can enjoy vacation

ETA: When you have two little ones with you, it's a definite to have a little over-planning
I agree, with kids in tow, planning is definitely needed more. Don't want a meltdown because someone is too tired or hungry to wait.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

VGT rates are out
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #44
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner
VGT rates are out
Hmmm not too shabby. £450 extra for us for a verandah.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #45
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

That's true especially because me and DB are so indecisive with things like that. We will walk around saying oh shall we eat there, or there? Then we end up at somewhere neither of us wanted to go because we thought the other wanted to go there!! Lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: