Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #2836
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Mandy, as I understand, shops etc in Gibraltar are obligated to accept GBP Sterling, but most will accept euros as a courtesy

I would be wary of paying in Euros as there maybe a premium for doing so.

p17blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #2837
knabebug
DCL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Another question. I have only been to the Rainforest on the Dream.
When we entered the spa area, we showed our key that had access to the services. Is there something like that on the Wonder? Do you need a sticker to get into the area that has the showers? Or do you just say that you are going to use the gym and showers?

Thank you.
On the old ships you get a sticker for the rain forest. Each time you use it you're supposed to either sign in at the front desk and/or turn in your key card. You do not need anything too get into the rain forest area. (other than having paid)
The sauna and showers in the changing rooms are freely accessible. I have often showered in the men's area. You should have no problem in the women's area either.
knabebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #2838
David & Jane
Mouseketeer

Gibraltar Pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I'm working on the DIS Navigator right now - is this an accurate statement to place for Gibraltar currency? Or tweak as needed please

• Currency – Gibraltar Pounds are the official currency although British Pounds and Euros are widely accepted. Kindly ask for change in British pounds. All major credit cards are accepted for payments over 10 pound or Euro.
Yes, but be warned that the exchange rate between Euros and Pounds in shops and restaurants is a rip off so if paying by Euros you may be surcharged by as much as 50%. One British pound always equals One Gibraltar Pound
David & Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #2839
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by knabebug View Post
On the old ships you get a sticker for the rain forest. Each time you use it you're supposed to either sign in at the front desk and/or turn in your key card. You do not need anything too get into the rain forest area. (other than having paid)
The sauna and showers in the changing rooms are freely accessible. I have often showered in the men's area. You should have no problem in the women's area either.
Thank you.

We picked up our Euros today, and an electric adapter for Spain! Beginning to think about packing!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #2840
David & Jane
Mouseketeer

Side Trips from George Bush Airport Friday afternoon

Hi

We get into George Bush Airport about 3.00 in the afternoon on Friday & are staying at the Marriott

Looking for something to do late afternoon early evening. Anyone got any suggestions what is worth seeing around the airport & is easy to get to & back from.

Only thing we can find is the Deerbrook Mall, any one know what taxi fare will be from airport to mall

David & Jane
David & Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #2841
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Private Tasting and Pub Crawl

Just a final reminder to all of you - we will be doing the Pub Crawl at 1 PM - I will be trying to figure out where we will be going (from Bar to Bar) upon meeting at the Promenade Lounge at 1 PM (this is an hour earlier than originally planned at first). I'll be getting with DCL once we are on board and seeing if I can get more accurate information as to which bars are open when.

Also, please remember if you'd like to contribute to the "Favorite Drink Recipe" booklet - see my post here about all of the info!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #2842
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
This is for the Rent a Princess. From what I understand you can request 2 tickets per child. Not sure about the ages but if you have a child that does not want to go and can get tickets, please let me know. If you have extra tickets due to either having kids that aren't going or parents that aren't going please let me know. They are some adults that would like to attend. I will match up the unused tickets with those who need them. We are not sure what day it is on or what time. Evidently they assign that when on board based on how many kids are on board. If I have left anything out please let me know! Thanks!

I need to add that an adult must accompany a child. Mandy said she was pretty sure the person who gets the tickets will have to enter with the "princess" she is accompanying, and many devise a meeting time and place prior to the event. They also exchange cabin numbers to call one another once the ticket date/time has been announced as we had two teas last time. Usually at Lumiere's. HTH.
Any lists I am missing for this? Who is exchanging ticket for princesses onboard?
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #2843
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any lists I am missing for this? Who is exchanging ticket for princesses onboard?
Should have added I am working on DIS Navigator and didn't know if I should put anything in about it
Old 05-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #2844
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Port of Galveston

Does the Disney Magic dock at cruise terminal 1 or 2? Thanks.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #2845
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Does the Disney Magic dock at cruise terminal 1 or 2? Thanks.

Woody
It's the one further to the left when facing the water. And I think we will be the only ship in port on Saturday. Both terminals use the same entrance and have good Disney signs.

Flip a coin and call it 1 or 2? Just kidding.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #2846
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I just uploaded the first draft of our DIS Navigator over on the facebook page. Will make any edits Tuesday evening and have final version ready on Wednesday so you can print or just save to your smartphone, ipad, etc. My eyes are going cross-ways now, so I could use the proofing. Thank you!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #2847
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:

It's the one further to the left when facing the water. And I think we will be the only ship in port on Saturday. Both terminals use the same entrance and have good Disney signs.

Flip a coin and call it 1 or 2? Just kidding.
Thanks. It sounds easier to find than train platform 9-3/4.

Woody
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #2848
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. It sounds easier to find than train platform 9-3/4.

Woody
Ugh - train platforms are not even on my radar yet but I am going to figure those out later for Barcelona and Venice. sigh. Kinda worried.

I did just look it up - yes - terminal two is what I sailed out of in November and where she was ported in September and recent webcams.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/Docum...r/Home/View/22
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #2849
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:

Ugh - train platforms are not even on my radar yet but I am going to figure those out later for Barcelona and Venice. sigh. Kinda worried.
I figure with so many sea days, there's plenty of time for reading Rick Steves' books.

Woody
Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #2850
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I figure with so many sea days, there's plenty of time for reading Rick Steves' books.

Woody
He is my new BFF. We have his Med book but I downloaded several "samples" onto my ipad last night for the crossing. I felt kinda bad not downloading any novels - all travel stuff instead LOL.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: