Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #2821
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink Don't Go There

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
OMG I have no idea how European women pay for their undies... did that come out wrong? Lingerie is so much more expensive there!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Same here.... we had some on WBTA that did not receive their luggage in time to depart Barcelona. Stevie might remember more of who it was but there was definitely no Walmart on our initial stops.

In fact, I forgot a neutral colored bra and had to go shopping for one in Barcelona. Most expensive bra I have ever bought!
LaLaLaLa, too much information ladies, please don't mention the spanx word either, that will put me right off my breakfast.

As for luggage, we didn't have our luggage till Madeira,4days in, it took some 6 months plus to get it back. It's simply horrible, many decided not to join the cruise others like us did and thankfully had packed the underwear and shoes in the hand luggage, well, with the help of DCL we had a 40 mins trip to a mall for teenagers and made the best of it. If it does happen to you, and it will to some poor people, then tell DCL GS and get the tailor onboard to fit you for a tux and evening dress. It took them minutes to sort at no cost, they were simply great and thankfully we got to Gibraltar and Marks and Spencers and Monsoon. If it does happen I will happily loan clothing to any 6ft 44R male.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #2822
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Our luggage was nearly lost last EBTA, long story! Thank goodness we packed liquor so we had to retrieve that bag, while doing so DH found our other bags swirling around the luggage carousel. the DCL tags had fallen, torn, flew off of our bags so they would have never made it directly to the ship. Therefore, I have all of our clothes packed in our carry on bags. Toiletries are in checked bags due to TSA rules. I figure toiletries we can make due with what they provide to us if it did happen to get lost.
Moral of the story, pack liquor so you have to retrieve your bags lol

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
heatherb819 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #2823
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsMom View Post
Hi Noel,
Thanks for all the useful advice and peace of mind. We're very appreciative. We look forward to meeting you in person. Disney should buy you at least, a couple of drinks for all the help you're giving the cruisers
Cheers,
Teri
You are very kind! There are many others here who have worked way harder than I have on this cruise!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #2824
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post
Crap. Now I am really confused. I didn't know there was overground AND underground! Guess I will need to spend some more time researching this.

Can't I just take the line and not express? If express is extra, I'd rather just do it the other way.
To Clarify, from London there are two ways to use public transport trains to get to Heathrow.

The first, and quickest (but most expensive), is Heathrow EXPRESS. It only runs from Paddington Station to Heathrow back and forth in 15 minutes with no stops. Details are here

The second option is to use the London Underground. Heathrow is on the Piccadily Line but you can switch to that line from most others are key stations. Full details of London Underground including maps etc can be found here

Full London Underground Map can be found here - But I know Jody is bringing some printed copies for you all. HEATHROW is in the left hand corner

You will notice some stations have the following symbol - This means they are both an Overground and an Underground station.

p17blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #2825
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
Yep - check out the map here: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck9.htm

Ladies' locker - where the showers are.
Fitness area - where the gym is.

You get to them both by following the corridor through from the spa reception area.
Another question. I have only been to the Rainforest on the Dream.
When we entered the spa area, we showed our key that had access to the services. Is there something like that on the Wonder? Do you need a sticker to get into the area that has the showers? Or do you just say that you are going to use the gym and showers?

Thank you.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #2826
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone enjoyed their day. I spent the day shopping for the trip & began the packing process. I'm very proud of myself, I always do it the night before. I'm a little thrown off this time, I've always sent my FE gifts ahead of time to the port & didn't this time so now it's thrown a kink in my packing.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
heatherb819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #2827
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone enjoyed their day. I spent the day shopping for the trip & began the packing process. I'm very proud of myself, I always do it the night before. I'm a little thrown off this time, I've always sent my FE gifts ahead of time to the port & didn't this time so now it's thrown a kink in my packing.
for the Mother's Day wishes!

We packed today

Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #2828
FarnMor
Mouseketeer

To all Transatlantic Cruisers

I do hope you all enjoy your cruise... Due too some medical circumstances that were out of our control.... we will not be cruising with you . .... God bless each and everyone of you and have the wonderful trip we have all dreamed about... far n mor
FarnMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #2829
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarnMor View Post
I do hope you all enjoy your cruise... Due too some medical circumstances that were out of our control.... we will not be cruising with you . .... God bless each and everyone of you and have the wonderful trip we have all dreamed about... far n mor
Jim and Vicky -- I am so sorry. I will add you to my prayers if that is okay.

Team Minnie -- you might need to make note of this (I think you guys were in just one FE group, correct?)
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #2830
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

Wait I was told sterling was the currency to use in Gibraltar? Ok so I googled and it looks like sterling is exchangable for GOG currency. That's good because I ordered sterling Saturday from the bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
No. Gibraltar Pounds is the official currency in Gibraltar.

Woody
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #2831
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
Wait I was told sterling was the currency to use in Gibraltar?
I was told by my bank that though Gibraltar pounds may be their official currency that you can not purchase them in the USA or exchange them here in USA either. However, you can use British pounds there and I always ask if I can change in British pounds. If not, I either don't buy or use a credit card. However, I do not know if that the exchange policy is true in Europe or the UK.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #2832
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
Wait I was told sterling was the currency to use in Gibraltar? Ok so I googled and it looks like sterling is exchangable for GOG currency. That's good because I ordered sterling Saturday from the bank.
We've been to Gibraltar many times and sterling is accepted as legal tender. As Noel said, get your change in sterling too or you will have trouble exchanging back any Gibraltar pounds

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #2833
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
We've been to Gibraltar many times and sterling is accepted as legal tender. As Noel said, get your change in sterling too or you will have trouble exchanging back any Gibraltar pounds
I'm working on the DIS Navigator right now - is this an accurate statement to place for Gibraltar currency? Or tweak as needed please

• Currency – Gibraltar Pounds are the official currency although British Pounds and Euros are widely accepted. Kindly ask for change in British pounds. All major credit cards are accepted for payments over 10 pound or Euro.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #2834
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink

Quote:
I'm working on the DIS Navigator right now - is this an accurate statement to place for Gibraltar currency? Or tweak as needed please

• Currency – Gibraltar Pounds are the official currency although British Pounds and Euros are widely accepted. Kindly ask for change in British pounds. All major credit cards are accepted for payments over 10 pound or Euro.
Yes the above mentioned statement is correct.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #2835
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:

. . . is this an accurate statement to place for Gibraltar currency?
Sounds good to me.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: