Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #2806
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by David & Jane View Post
Hi

I broke my 5th Metatarsal on Monday, just had the plaster off & got the good news that I am able to walk with this break.

I know you can use the underground tram to get to the hotel just, would like to know if you take a luggage cart all the way to the hotel or do the hotel do a courtesy pickup

David
David, I'm not sure about the luggage cart on the tram but you can call from the airport for the hotel's courtesy shuttle for transport.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #2807
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post

. . . Wait, can I get UK Pounds instead of Gibraltar Pounds from their ATM?
No. Gibraltar Pounds is the official currency in Gibraltar.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #2808
Tubbsteruk
Earning My Ears

Currency in Gibraltar

Just to set your mind at rest you CAN draw UK pounds from certain ATM machines in Gibraltar, thre is certainly a Barclays ATM on he main shopping street that stipulates that it is UK currency only.

If anyone has a problem with any Gibraltar currency left over I will happily exchange it for UK currency as any bank in the UK will accept it as legal tender and I can just bank it when I get back home.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post
Our first stop at an ATM will be in Portugal for our tour and souvenirs. Our Gibraltar tour is already paid for so I will only need to get money for a tip and for souvenirs. I will just ask for change to be in UK Pounds. Wait, can I get UK Pounds instead of Gibraltar Pounds from their ATM? If so, that will work out much better!
Tubbsteruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #2809
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Last cruise (Oct 2012) there was a person that wore the same clothes everyday for entire week. You could smell him coming and where he had been.

I bet their luggage was lost . This is my fear.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #2810
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Extreme "packing light."

Woody
or lost luggage! we knew a person on our PC cruise that didn't have luggage the entire time..thankfully, there was a Wal-Mart in PV so he could get some things for his trip..

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #2811
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbsteruk View Post
Just to set your mind at rest you CAN draw UK pounds from certain ATM machines in Gibraltar, thre is certainly a Barclays ATM on he main shopping street that stipulates that it is UK currency only.

If anyone has a problem with any Gibraltar currency left over I will happily exchange it for UK currency as any bank in the UK will accept it as legal tender and I can just bank it when I get back home.

Paul
We may even have extra when we settle up with you in Galveston from Dallas touring. Can help out that way too in helping others save an exchange rate. MissAndrea -- on our tour in Gibraltar so might come in handy since I think we have to still pay our nature reserve entrance fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
or lost luggage! we knew a person on our PC cruise that didn't have luggage the entire time..thankfully, there was a Wal-Mart in PV so he could get some things for his trip..
Same here.... we had some on WBTA that did not receive their luggage in time to depart Barcelona. Stevie might remember more of who it was but there was definitely no Walmart on our initial stops.

In fact, I forgot a neutral colored bra and had to go shopping for one in Barcelona. Most expensive bra I have ever bought!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #2812
Debbru
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post

We are using Disney transfers to the airport. Flying directly to London after the cruise. Should we be worried about the timing?

I was wondering

Same here!
I should explain my last post regarding the Disney transfers after the Hawaii cruise...
(We were not in a hurry - headed to Disneyland, not the airport - but it still made us wonder about the procedures DCL had)

We were told to be at the bus by 9:00 am & that the bus would leave promptly at 9:30. We were out there before 8:30 - and we waited & waited & waited. Around 9:30 a bus pulled up & by that time there were probably close to 100 people waiting for the ONE bus.
The DCL rep had his clipboard with all the names listed and it was obvious there were way too many people for one bus. When the crowd started getting a little anxious, he pulled out his radio saying "maybe we should get a second bus" - ya' think????

So then those of us at the beginning of the line start handing our luggage to the driver to load and proceed to get on the bus. The bus filled quickly but it became very obvious that the luggage for those on the bus was not going to fit in the luggage hold. (I guess no one at DCL thought about the fact that this was a 15 night cruise and people might have more than 1 suitcase each). So the driver started to unload what he had already loaded and tried to repack. At this point, the poor guy looked like he was going to have a meltdown, so several male passengers (DH was one) got off the bus to give him a hand.

Long story short, we arrived at the Grand Californian around noon. The whole situation was ridiculous - DCL knew how many people they had to transport & should have assumed there would be more luggage than a shorter cruise. (Especially since the whole luggage situation started before the cruise. We stayed at Paradise Pier & used the Disney transfers to the ship. They sent a box truck for everyone's luggage and had to call for a second box truck - so they knew people had a lot!)

Anyway, like I said, we were not in a hurry & it was not the airport bus, so they were not in a hurry either. I'm sure the airport transfers will be fine if they know people have early flights. But just because I can be slightly neurotic about being on time, we decided to book private transfers :-)
Debbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #2813
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post

In fact, I forgot a neutral colored bra and had to go shopping for one in Barcelona. Most expensive bra I have ever bought!
OMG I have no idea how European women pay for their undies... did that come out wrong? Lingerie is so much more expensive there!!!!
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen, European Northern Capitals, June '15, and Panama Canal Halloween Cruise Oct.'15!
gramfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #2814
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post

If you are under the allotted purchase amount and wish to carry off your own bags, you can elect express departure.
Hi Noel,
Thanks for all the useful advice and peace of mind. We're very appreciative. We look forward to meeting you in person. Disney should buy you at least, a couple of drinks for all the help you're giving the cruisers
Cheers,
Teri
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2815
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbru View Post

. . . I'm sure the airport transfers will be fine if they know people have early flights.
In a pinch, there's also a taxi stand just outside the port terminal.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #2816
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

OK....unlike most cruise lines, DCL has bathtubs, and that makes it hard for me to shower. I am unsteady in the tub. When I was on the Dream, I was able to get a length of stay for the Rainforest, and used the showers there. I bought this on the first day. I've been reading, and it doesn't seem that the Magic offers such a package, or does it?

Bobbi
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #2817
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I am looking forward to meeting you next week. I am going to NZ next February, so I will want to "pick your brain" about it on the cruise!
Always happy to yabber on about my country! You picked the perfect time to come too, February has the best weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
OK....unlike most cruise lines, DCL has bathtubs, and that makes it hard for me to shower. I am unsteady in the tub. When I was on the Dream, I was able to get a length of stay for the Rainforest, and used the showers there. I bought this on the first day. I've been reading, and it doesn't seem that the Magic offers such a package, or does it?

Bobbi
I think you can buy it on-board at the spa on your first day. You don't need a pass to use the spa changing room showers though - they're also for use for anyone using the gym. I doubt anyone would notice if you didn't use the gym but just went into the locker room and showered.
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #2818
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post

I think you can buy it on-board at the spa on your first day. You don't need a pass to use the spa changing room showers though - they're also for use for anyone using the gym. I doubt anyone would notice if you didn't use the gym but just went into the locker room and showered.
Really...that's great news!

So, on the Magic, the gym and spa are in the same area?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #2819
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink Rainforest Length of Stay

Quote:

Bobbi
On the last couple of TA's I have purchased the length of stay purely for health issues, OK I tried losing weight in the steam room, it doesn't work!!

That said, I will probably try again I think it was $199 for the trip.

It's three in the morning here, and I am laughing as our friends have just left full of gin, however they have to stay up till five in the morning to book Palo for there upcoming cruise. good luck Tony
Old 05-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #2820
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Quote:
Really...that's great news!

So, on the Magic, the gym and spa are in the same area?
Yep - check out the map here: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck9.htm

Ladies' locker - where the showers are.
Fitness area - where the gym is.

You get to them both by following the corridor through from the spa reception area.
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: