Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #2791
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I checked with my CC and Top Day Tours did charge for the tours we requested. Is that the company others got the charge from? We booked with Barcelona Day Tours!

Bobbi
Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #2792
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
You all are going to be sooo disappointed when you see me. I'm taking a pair of black dress pants with a few different shirts and about 5 daytime outfits. We will be sending our laundry out & you will be seeing me in the same clothes.
Last cruise (Oct 2012) there was a person that wore the same clothes everyday for entire week. You could smell him coming and where he had been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsMom View Post
Hi all,

Are any of you going directly to the Barcelona airport after disembarkation? Are you using the Disney transfer or doing a private car/shuttle? If the latter, which company are you going with and how much do they charge for an adult? child? Was thinking of booking BCN Travel, but thought I'd ask for recommendations first.

thanks,
Teri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbru View Post
DH & I are heading straight to the airport. We booked with Barcelona Airport Transfers for $165. The price is crazy high, but their reviews are good. We have an early flight (11:20 am) and I didn't want to risk DCL transfers. (We used DCL in L.A. after the Hawaii cruise and the bus left 1 1/2 hours late).
We are using Disney transfers to the airport. Flying directly to London after the cruise. Should we be worried about the timing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

BTW I reread my post and it sounds as if we framed the Mickey Bars. We only framed the wrappers
I was wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
I've started as I mean to go on thanks to Emily

Just walked from Tremont House to Walmart, 6 mile walk due to me getting lost and heading in the wrong direction leaving The Tremont oops
At least I'm getting the blisters out of the way early.

For those staying at the Tremont it's a beautiful hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
That is precisely why I swapped our BofA chard for a chip card!
Same here!

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
gonecrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #2793
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post

Last cruise (Oct 2012) there was a person that wore the same clothes everyday for entire week. You could smell him coming and where he had been.
Extreme "packing light."

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #2794
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

Similar to Debbru, our flight is at 11am. I'm expecting we will be one of the first to disembark and hoping it will be quick. :ixie dust::
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #2795
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
We send CC information to Barcelona Day Tours on Monday, and still have not gotten a receipt. I've sent an e-mail, but no reply. Don't they send receipts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
We received e-mail confirmation pretty quickly after booking our tour with them.
I also received an email confirmation from them. I would resend an email to confirm if it were me.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #2796
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I checked with my CC and Top Day Tours did charge for the tours we requested. Is that the company others got the charge from? We booked with Barcelona Day Tours!

Bobbi
Yes, they are the same tour company. I have received an email from both companies.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #2797
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsMom View Post
Similar to Debbru, our flight is at 11am. I'm expecting we will be one of the first to disembark and hoping it will be quick. :ixie dust::
If you are under the allotted purchase amount and wish to carry off your own bags, you can elect express departure.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #2798
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK...that's what they say. We haven't received anything. Thank you.
I have a contact name and email if you send me a PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #2799
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post

Yuck!

We are using Disney transfers to the airport. Flying directly to London after the cruise. Should we be worried about the timing?
Just be sure to let Disney know your flight info and all should be okay.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #2800
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo

Two things - Waterloo and Kings Cross/St Pancras are MAJOR overground and underground stations - Remember to transit from one to the other (ie Overground to Underground), but more importantly to be honest do expect them to be fairly busy. What day are you travelling in each direction?

And Piccadilly Station is home of HEATHROW EXPRESS - It's a dedicated train and line and much quicker than the Underground. There is an UNDERGROUND to Heathrow also, so again, make sure you take the right line and be careful if you stop and ask people that they know you want HEATHROW EXPRESS not just the line (Piccadilly Line) that goes to Heathrow.
Crap. Now I am really confused. I didn't know there was overground AND underground! Guess I will need to spend some more time researching this.

Can't I just take the line and not express? If express is extra, I'd rather just do it the other way.

For currency, I had just planned on using the ATM when we get over there since there are no foreign transaction fees on my card. I hope I'm not making a mistake doing it this way! I don't think there's enough time to get any from the bank as I think it will take too long. We were also planning on using our cc post cruise at major attractions but we don't have a pin on it. I'm sure requesting one will take too long. This will be my first time in Europe and this is all overwhelming!

EDITING TO ADD- I forgot when we called to let the bank know of our travel plans, they authorized our use of ATM and debit for our card overseas, which has a pin. I think I'm still going to wait until we get there to use the ATM. The first time I'll need it, we are on a private tour and I'm sure he'll have no problem swinging by the ATM. I'll just get extra currency while there.

Last edited by MissAndrea; 05-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
MissAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #2801
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
I have a contact name and email if you send me a PM.
I heard from Sharon just now. She asked if they could kindly have 48 hours to process the payment. She does not seem to realize that the money (well the CC info) was sent on Monday! Still, the e-mail is good to have, as it puts my mind at ease.

Thank you.
Bobbi
Old 05-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #2802
David & Jane
Mouseketeer

Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental

Hi

I broke my 5th Metatarsal on Monday, just had the plaster off & got the good news that I am able to walk with this break.

I know you can use the underground tram to get to the hotel just, would like to know if you take a luggage cart all the way to the hotel or do the hotel do a courtesy pickup

David
David & Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #2803
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post

. . . they authorized our use of ATM and debit for our card overseas, which has a pin.
Just make sure you use an ATM that doesn't require Chip+Pin and you should be okay.

In my experience, if the ATM displays the "Chip" symbol (like the one on front of newer passports), it will not read the magnetic strip on U.S.-issued ATM cards.

Woody
Old 05-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #2804
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

British Pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post

. . . For currency, I had just planned on using the ATM when we get over there since there are no foreign transaction fees on my card.
For spending money in London, make sure you get Great Britain Pounds from an ATM there.

Gibraltar Pounds are only accepted in Gibraltar.

Woody
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #2805
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73
For spending money in London, make sure you get Great Britain Pounds from an ATM there.

Gibraltar Pounds are only accepted in Gibraltar.

Woody
Our first stop at an ATM will be in Portugal for our tour and souvenirs. Our Gibraltar tour is already paid for so I will only need to get money for a tip and for souvenirs. I will just ask for change to be in UK Pounds. Wait, can I get UK Pounds instead of Gibraltar Pounds from their ATM? If so, that will work out much better!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: