Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #2776
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

We were on the Fantasy last fall, and they started the policy of adding the tips to accounts on that ship when it started sailing in spring 2012.

They were going to migrate that policy over to the other ships by the end of last year (at least that's what we were told).

They said that you could go to Guest Services and have them removed at any time, and then added in later at your discretion. There are quite a few threads on the board about this policy, going back to last year.
Viking_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #2777
JenDen
Mouseketeer

Tips and FE

We were on the Fantasy in December and the tips were placed on our account the 2nd day.

FE group Walt, looks like the only room # we need is AashleySEG?

Getting excited!!
JenDen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2778
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDen View Post

FE group Walt, looks like the only room # we need is AashleySEG?
Yep! As soon as we know that cabin number, Sarah (binkytell) left me the links to update the spreadsheet while she is partying with Mickey and gang. Sarah is now onboard the Magic with the delayed sailing due to weather in Houston (from what I understand)
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #2779
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Yep! As soon as we know that cabin number, Sarah (binkytell) left me the links to update the spreadsheet while she is partying with Mickey and gang. Sarah is now onboard the Magic with the delayed sailing due to weather in Houston (from what I understand)
Prayers and for better weather next weekend!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #2780
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma x3 View Post
So I'm telling my family about this R&R cruise - I Really Need ! - then I tell them about pub crawl and Champagne Girls and Chocolate/Alcohol tasting !! So I'm getting these unhuh - sounds more like partying than the resting and all - lol !!!!
Oh, God, I hope they're right. I'm counting on it!!!
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen, European Northern Capitals, June '15, and Panama Canal Halloween Cruise Oct.'15!
gramfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #2781
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
And we haven't even planned a geezers get together yet...I have the pins.
Noel-- You have seven days yet---- PLENTY of time to announce and plan online a party for the Geezers!!! You don't have anything else to do, right!!!
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen, European Northern Capitals, June '15, and Panama Canal Halloween Cruise Oct.'15!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #2782
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
Those of us over 60 wear gold safety pins and under 60 are GITS (Geezers in Training) wear silver on our lanyards or whatever. On previous cruises we would meet in the evening in the Cove Café for post prandial drink.
Ummm.... please bring me a GOLD pin???
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #2783
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
This time next week I will be on a plane flying from New Zealand to the US for the cruise!! It still feels a bit surreal. Purchased foreign exchange today, so that's another thing on my list done.

We're going to that flamenco dinner on the Saturday, but we booked direct from the venue rather than through the tour company. We've also booked a Barcelona Day Tours excursion to Montserrat and cava country on the Sunday. Huzzah!
Oooh!Oooh! I think we will be with you on the Montserrat and Cava (Freixnet) tour on Sunday! Are you staying closer into the city near B-Hotel, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes? With Barcelona Day Tours?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #2784
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
Noel-- You have seven days yet---- PLENTY of time to announce and plan online a party for the Geezers!!! You don't have anything else to do, right!!!
Quote:
Ummm.... please bring me a GOLD pin???
Nothing to do, of course!

I will have plenty of gold and silver pins!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #2785
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Quote:
Oooh!Oooh! I think we will be with you on the Montserrat and Cava (Freixnet) tour on Sunday! Are you staying closer into the city near B-Hotel, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes? With Barcelona Day Tours?
Hurrah! We're staying at the Pullman Skipper which is at the waterfront, but yes it's a Barcelona Day Tours trip and the info does say they will be picking up in several locations. Hopefully we'll be in the same group Listen out for fellow travellers with odd Kiwi accents!
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #2786
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We send CC information to Barcelona Day Tours on Monday, and still have not gotten a receipt. I've sent an e-mail, but no reply. Don't they send receipts?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #2787
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
We send CC information to Barcelona Day Tours on Monday, and still have not gotten a receipt. I've sent an e-mail, but no reply. Don't they send receipts?
We received e-mail confirmation pretty quickly after booking our tour with them.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #2788
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
This time next week I will be on a plane flying from New Zealand to the US for the cruise!! It still feels a bit surreal. Purchased foreign exchange today, so that's another thing on my list done.
I am looking forward to meeting you next week. I am going to NZ next February, so I will want to "pick your brain" about it on the cruise!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #2789
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

One week!!!!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
heatherb819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #2790
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
We received e-mail confirmation pretty quickly after booking our tour with them.
OK...that's what they say. We haven't received anything. Thank you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: