Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #2716
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
That's great!

Are there any Dis'ers out there who would like to do the dinner? I am thinking June 1, but would also consider June 2?

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/bes...-in-barcelona/

Bobbi
I don't know if my wife might've replied on FB, but I suspect that's the one that we're doing. On June 1st. I don't have a way to check at the moment.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #2717
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
The website has to be manually updated with cabin numbers by Chris, who is in London on business right now and will have just a quick turn around before boarding the flight to London. I will list only names/cabins as they are listed there with an asterik at the bottom to clarify these were input by folks a while back.

Those on Facebook have a different list going, some with more names or cabin numbers. But it is in a "closed" group so I know some felt more open to list their cabin there versus here. You might have to use that list if you are over there.

Same thing for FE list - some had indicated they did not want children's names published.

So to cover all bases, I will use the one and only public list we have had - that people submitted on their own -- our webpage list. Any other list will need to be gathered by folks on their own. I cannot be held responsible for putting info out there on the DIS Navigator and will use only the "public" list. I just can't go through getting my rear chewed again publicly or behind my back while on vacation - so erring on the side of caution to keep everyone's info secure.
Anyone that wants their Roll Call information updated can PM me, use the Contact the WebMaster form on our EBTA website, or even re-submit your information on the Roll Call Entry page. This will create a duplicate line but I can merge the lines together. But, this last option relies on me getting the merge correct.

9 days!

Last edited by GoofyNewfie; 05-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.
GoofyNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #2718
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
Sorry, I forgot I have an 11B sideways 6507 and of course people can come and view it. Just remind me nearer the time, it will always be neat & tidy, but just want to make sure. It can't be any worse than a military bed inspection, on that occasion my bedding and kit went out the 3rd floor window. Oh well they said it was a learning experience.
Yay!! I just thought of you when catching up on posts. I need to see one -- have booked them before and never ended up in one. Booked in one for WBTA 2014... so I am still interested to see one in-person. Thank you, Stevie!!

What will Mary think with you have all sorts of women in your room? Adding to that divorce checklist I mentioned earlier!

Just teasing ya.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2719
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

How much should we plan to bring in Euros for a week in Barcelona? My parents tried to tell me to get $2000 -- I was like "Whaaaa?" I thought most places took Visa/MC and I'll just need a little cash for cabs, little shops and cafes, etc. Or no?

And how many British pounds for Gibraltar?

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2720
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDen View Post
Thanks Noel, Will we all be off the ship by 0830?

What other car services are folks using?
i I think we will be off by 8:30 as they want us off the ship ASAP for the next cruise.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2721
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Anyone that wants their Roll Call information updated can PM me, use the Contact the WebMaster form on our EBTA website, or even re-submit your information on the Roll Call Entry page. This will create a duplicate line but I can merge the lines together. But, this last option relies on me getting the merge correct.

9 days!
Awesome!! You know you are wanting to avoid work anyway, right?

I will be able to paste that info in at last second. Hoping to publish DIS Navigator on Wednesday. May 15.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #2722
binkytell
DIS Veteran

I've started as I mean to go on thanks to Emily

Just walked from Tremont House to Walmart, 6 mile walk due to me getting lost and heading in the wrong direction leaving The Tremont oops
At least I'm getting the blisters out of the way early.

For those staying at the Tremont it's a beautiful hotel
Old 05-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #2723
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink

Quote:
Yay!! I just thought of you when catching up on posts. I need to see one -- have booked them before and never ended up in one. Booked in one for WBTA 2014... so I am still interested to see one in-person. Thank you, Stevie!!

What will Mary think with you have all sorts of women in your room?
The more the merrier
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #2724
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post

Just walked from Tremont House to Walmart, 6 mile walk due to me getting lost and heading in the wrong direction leaving The Tremont oops
Make sure you pick up some moleskin at Walmart. It works great for blisters! I will also have some blister stuff with me on the ship if you need it.

So on the way home from Ohio last weekend, hubby points to my feet that were up on the dash and asked if he did that. Well it turns out, my toes were smashed and there is blood under the nails. So either, hubby danced on my feet, someone else danced on my feet, my right foot danced on my left foot or bowling in 4" heels wasn't such a good idea (I got a spare!) So much for my feet looking cute on the cruise and getting a pedicure. Good thing I was consuming a lot that night so it didn't hurt but running is a different story. Looks like we can have ugly feet together.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #2725
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink

Quote:

The lengths some people will go to get the booze treat yourself to a nice fire and ice pedicure, book the little one into the kids club and enjoy.

Please say hello to a friend of mine, Naomi in the kids club and tell her "I have packed the easter eggs" I am not joking, I have packed three of them.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #2726
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What will Mary think with you have all sorts of women in your room? Adding to that divorce checklist I mentioned earlier!

Just teasing ya.
Mandy are you girls leading my husband astray!

I'm going to need even more retail therapy to see me through these 2 upcoming weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
The more the merrier
A room full of chattering women .... It's your worst nightmare

Quote:

Ouch! I second Stevie's suggestion of a pedicure the girls in the spa are amazing, that's my treat on every cruise

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #2727
kris3kid
Mouseketeer

Rain rain go away come back after our sail away.

The weather channel had 30% rain on our sail day.

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
kris3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #2728
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you for the Tremont update!! I am looking forward to staying there!

And Walmart??? Oh my. That *IS* a huge walk! You are crazy! Did you at least get to look at some neat houses on the way?

So since you have nothing else to do, are you going to give us a play by play of the Magic sailing in tomorrow morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
i I think we will be off by 8:30 as they want us off the ship ASAP for the next cruise.
Thanks for that, Noel. We are trying to time it afterwards to meet some folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Mandy are you girls leading my husband astray!
We got your back, Mary!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
I'm going to need even more retail therapy to see me through these 2 upcoming weeks
Oh, yes, PLENTY of retail therapy needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris3kid View Post
Rain rain go away come back after our sail away.

The weather channel had 30% rain on our sail day.
99% chance the forecast is inaccurate Hubby's job at work requires watching the weather the entire shift (multiple weather medias), and he is always complaining how none of the forecasts get it right. 100% chance of Happy Sails!!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #2729
mikimous
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
How much should we plan to bring in Euros for a week in Barcelona? My parents tried to tell me to get $2000 -- I was like "Whaaaa?" I thought most places took Visa/MC and I'll just need a little cash for cabs, little shops and cafes, etc. Or no?

And how many British pounds for Gibraltar?
Have a backup plan as far as credit cards go. I had friends who just came back from Spain and they had a lot of issues with using their CC because it was not the Chip/Pin variety. I've been doing up some reading and Visa/MC says "technically" you are supposed to insist that they swipe the card. The problem is you could find yourself at a restaurant or shop where language is a barrier and they simply say No.

Not saying it'll happen.. but have a backup plan that doesn't rely on credit cards.
mikimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #2730
mikimous
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikimous View Post
Have a backup plan as far as credit cards go. I had friends who just came back from Spain and they had a lot of issues with using their CC because it was not the Chip/Pin variety. I've been doing up some reading and Visa/MC says "technically" you are supposed to insist that they swipe the card. The problem is you could find yourself at a restaurant or shop where language is a barrier and they simply say No.

Not saying it'll happen.. but have a backup plan that doesn't rely on credit cards.
And with that said... we ordered $1k worth of Euros from Wells Fargo. They Fedexed it overnight .. no extra fee (because it was over $1k). Only drawback, you had better be home to sign for it.

We're going to take our chance on the ATM / CC in Gibraltar. Only one day there and outside of the DCL excursion we do we figure we aren't going to need to be so reliant on cash.
mikimous is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: