Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #2686
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I'll forget your ice cream cones as long as you pretend you don't see me making my afternoon chicken finger raids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I haven't had the chicken fingers...yet! My current weakness is Mickey ice cream bars.
My husband almost cried eating his last one on our last cruise. He and one of my daughters has them every night. We even asked for a few in the wrappers and took those home and my husband framed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
Day one tip,

All of the talk of packing reminds me of a little tip. One of the first things I do is to take out the items needing pressed for formal night and hand them to the stateroom host. It's half the cost of washing and takes the hassle out of waiting for the iron on formal night. They are generally returned on the morning of formal night.

I will be enroute in the air 7 days today
We did it the hard way on our first cruise and followed your advice, given to us by someone else, on our second cruise. And just an FYI for everyone, the dry cleaning fees are VERY reasonable. We ended up having DH's suit cleaned on the cruise for cheaper than having it done here at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
It's pretty funny, because I never wear dresses "IRL". Because I am always on the floor with kids, I wear pants to work. We rarely go out to dinner at fancy places (save our money for vacations instead!), and there really isn't anywhere to wear formal gowns in Hawaii, so going on a cruise is pretty much the only time I wear them.

I will take notes and see how you girls do it!
I could have written your post. I have a few things that I bought for our last cruise that I haven't worn since! I just never wear dresses . But I have a few sundresses and am looking forward to wearing them again.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #2687
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Secret Mickey.

Everybody should have the stateroom number from his/her Secret Mickey.

If this isn't the case email me!!!

Please keep in mind that from now on i'm on vacation so i won't check internet as much as i do at home ;-)

Tomorrow morning we leave for WDW!!!

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #2688
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I'm going to pick up a load of London underground maps for anyone that wants one (slightly embarassed to say that I didn't write down previously the cabin numbers of those who did so you might want to send me a message!).
If you come to the meet and greet, I can just get it there. In fact, I think I will be manning the station that you will come to for your name badge. Thanks again for picking some up!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #2689
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Secret Mickey.

Everybody should have the stateroom number from his/her Secret Mickey.

If this isn't the case email me!!!

Please keep in mind that from now on i'm on vacation so i won't check internet as much as i do at home ;-)

Tomorrow morning we leave for WDW!!!
have a great trip! see you soon
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #2690
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

Are any of you going directly to the Barcelona airport after disembarkation? Are you using the Disney transfer or doing a private car/shuttle? If the latter, which company are you going with and how much do they charge for an adult? child? Was thinking of booking BCN Travel, but thought I'd ask for recommendations first.

thanks,
Teri
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #2691
Debbru
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsMom View Post
Hi all,

Are any of you going directly to the Barcelona airport after disembarkation? Are you using the Disney transfer or doing a private car/shuttle? If the latter, which company are you going with and how much do they charge for an adult? child? Was thinking of booking BCN Travel, but thought I'd ask for recommendations first.

thanks,
Teri
DH & I are heading straight to the airport. We booked with Barcelona Airport Transfers for $165. The price is crazy high, but their reviews are good. We have an early flight (11:20 am) and I didn't want to risk DCL transfers. (We used DCL in L.A. after the Hawaii cruise and the bus left 1 1/2 hours late).
Debbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #2692
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDen View Post
We frequently travel with a lovely bunch of ladies and everyone has "crack" chicken fingers in the afternoon. It IS a long time between lunch and second seating.

Serious question, for those folks using a car service, what time did you tell them to pick you up?

Which car service are you using?

I think I'll call our hotel and have them arrange it. Last time we were in Barcelona, the Hilton made the arrangements for traveling to the airport.
We are using Barcelona Days tours to pick us up at 8:30 AM at the pier.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #2693
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

thanks,
Teri
We are using Barcelona Day Tours to our hotel. They charged 59 Euros for 4 large suitcases and 2 carry ons. Hope that helps.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #2694
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

My husband almost cried eating his last one on our last cruise. He and one of my daughters has them every night. We even asked for a few in the wrappers and took those home and my husband framed them.

We did it the hard way on our first cruise and followed your advice, given to us by someone else, on our second cruise. And just an FYI for everyone, the dry cleaning fees are VERY reasonable. We ended up having DH's suit cleaned on the cruise for cheaper than having it done here at home.
My Hubby counts how many Mickey Ice Cream Bars he eats a day and averages about 4 a day. He actully keeps a counter! And then at the end of the trip, he calculates how much money he consumed in Mickey bars (cost in parks of $4) and then gets very pleased with himself.

The cost of dry cleaning is so much cheaper on the ship than it is here, I have about 6 dresses that need to be dry cleaned that I am bringing for that reason. I will get them sent out the first day with hubby's stuff and then do them again before we leave if they need it.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #2695
valbob89
DIS Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZFa...layer_embedded

Here is a video that someone took while on the tobbogan ride in Maderia. When we did it I don't remember them ever getting off and pulling the tobbogan. At times they did slow down, when we were passing a car. I don't speak German but I don't think the lady was saying she wanted to get in line to do it again. I would not have missed it and if you get the chance you shouldn't either.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #2696
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
My Hubby counts how many Mickey Ice Cream Bars he eats a day and averages about 4 a day. He actully keeps a counter! And then at the end of the trip, he calculates how much money he consumed in Mickey bars (cost in parks of $4) and then gets very pleased with himself.

The cost of dry cleaning is so much cheaper on the ship than it is here, I have about 6 dresses that need to be dry cleaned that I am bringing for that reason. I will get them sent out the first day with hubby's stuff and then do them again before we leave if they need it.

BTW I reread my post and it sounds as if we framed the Mickey Bars. We only framed the wrappers
Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #2697
Skymom777
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi all,

thanks,
Teri
We did the EBTA cruise two years ago and used the Disney transfers. They had a bus at 7:00 for all the early flight departures. We originally didn't book because our flight left at 10:45. Once onboard, we inquired about getting ground transfers to the airport. That's when they told us they had two buses, one for the earlier flights and one for the later flights. We booked the early bus and had plenty of time for processing at the airport. I am assuming they are doing the same thing this time, as we were allowed to book transfers through Disney again this time.
Skymom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #2698
LySand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbru

DH & I are heading straight to the airport. We booked with Barcelona Airport Transfers for $165. The price is crazy high, but their reviews are good. We have an early flight (11:20 am) and I didn't want to risk DCL transfers. (We used DCL in L.A. after the Hawaii cruise and the bus left 1 1/2 hours late).
I was hoping to share a cab with someone :-) just go and flag one down. Is that naive? Should I be planning for this? I always take my own bag off of the ship so I wont have to search for it.
LySand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #2699
theeighthdwarf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZFa...layer_embedded

Here is a video that someone took while on the tobbogan ride in Maderia. When we did it I don't remember them ever getting off and pulling the tobbogan. At times they did slow down, when we were passing a car. I don't speak German but I don't think the lady was saying she wanted to get in line to do it again. I would not have missed it and if you get the chance you shouldn't either.
Thanks for the video! I just watched it with my 4 year old - she kept asking "what keeps them safe - are they wearing seat belts ? " She was so concerned with the people's safety - then she says she needs to go to Madeira and do that. At least Kate is now excited to go to Madeira!

Lauri
theeighthdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #2700
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeighthdwarf View Post
Thanks for the video! I just watched it with my 4 year old - she kept asking "what keeps them safe - are they wearing seat belts ? " She was so concerned with the people's safety - then she says she needs to go to Madeira and do that. At least Kate is now excited to go to Madeira!

Lauri
Glad you enjoyed it. Are you taking the tram up to the top? The children should enjoy that too.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: