Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #2671
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Great plan! I'll take you up on that! Maybe you'll forget how many ice cream cones I eat too he he he
I'll meet you at the ice cream machine daily..(sometimes 2 per day) ice cream is one of my weakness..no cone just ice cream in a cup from the drink station..

Quote:
You all are going to be sooo disappointed when you see me. I'm taking a pair of black dress pants with a few different shirts and about 5 daytime outfits. We will be sending our laundry out & you will be seeing me in the same clothes.
Me too..no dress, black pants and lots of tops..and I am definitely doing laundry and repeating clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Like minded!
me three..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I'm packing in a similar fashion. A few neutral staple pieces with some colorful tops to mix and match. I will be doing laundry too.
yep what she said.. laundry and repeats and no dresses but I have a pink tshirt, tiara and boa..

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #2672
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

FE - Team Goofy - I just made one cabin number change for Heather - we had two digits of her room number reversed so please check your link to that
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #2673
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

It's pretty funny, because I never wear dresses "IRL". Because I am always on the floor with kids, I wear pants to work. We rarely go out to dinner at fancy places (save our money for vacations instead!), and there really isn't anywhere to wear formal gowns in Hawaii, so going on a cruise is pretty much the only time I wear them.

I will take notes and see how you girls do it!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #2674
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=geffric;48334987]I'll meet you at the ice cream machine daily..(sometimes 2 per day) ice cream is one of my weakness..no cone just ice cream in a cup from the drink station..

Sounds like a date!!! I'm sure if you just stop by you'll see me there! I can't seem to walk by it without stopping, it just pulls me in!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
heatherb819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #2675
Skymom777
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
It's pretty funny, because I never wear dresses "IRL". Because I am always on the floor with kids, I wear pants to work. We rarely go out to dinner at fancy places (save our money for vacations instead!), and there really isn't anywhere to wear formal gowns in Hawaii, so going on a cruise is pretty much the only time I wear them.

I will take notes and see how you girls do it!
Sometimes it is so nice to dress up, especially when you wear casual clothes and uniforms for work. Enjoy!

The tips the ladies have on neutral bottoms and different tops really works. That was an idea that I borrowed from the DIS boards before my first cruise. Really helped cut down on what we brought.
Skymom777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #2676
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymom777 View Post

Sometimes it is so nice to dress up, especially when you wear casual clothes and uniforms for work. Enjoy!

The tips the ladies have on neutral bottoms and different tops really works. That was an idea that I borrowed from the DIS boards before my first cruise. Really helped cut down on what we brought.
Yeah, I did bring one pair of really nice pants and three different tops to wear with them. I am very stoked about that, but still couldn't drop the dresses haha. I do love to dress up sometimes.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #2677
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Still looking for 2 GTY room assignment for the candy swap!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #2678
JenDen
Mouseketeer

Chicken finger crack

We frequently travel with a lovely bunch of ladies and everyone has "crack" chicken fingers in the afternoon. It IS a long time between lunch and second seating.

Serious question, for those folks using a car service, what time did you tell them to pick you up?

Which car service are you using?

I think I'll call our hotel and have them arrange it. Last time we were in Barcelona, the Hilton made the arrangements for traveling to the airport.
JenDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #2679
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
The chicken fingers are my weakness! I do daily afternoon chicken finger raids also.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #2680
tobyjasper1970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You all are going to be sooo disappointed when you see me. I'm taking a pair of black dress pants with a few different shirts and about 5 daytime outfits. We will be sending our laundry out & you will be seeing me in the same clothes.
I don't do laundry
Disney Westbound Transatlantic Sept 2011 1st cruise ever!!!
Disney Alaska Sept 2012
Disney Caribbean Dec 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Dec 2012
Disney Eastbound Transatlantic May 2013
Disney Med Cruise August 2013
WDW Dec 2013
Disney EBPC Sept 2014 to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary gold members
tobyjasper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #2681
fluffy bunny
Mouseketeer

FE Team Daisy

Just opened the list to print out with all the room numbers and noticed ours in wrong. MAZA and myself are in 5638, not 5636. Ok it;s next door and I am sure you will work out which one it is by the door decorations, but just in case I thought I better let you know.
Dave
Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #2682
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
Just opened the list to print out with all the room numbers and noticed ours in wrong. MAZA and myself are in 5638, not 5636. Ok it;s next door and I am sure you will work out which one it is by the door decorations, but just in case I thought I better let you know.
Dave
I will update spreadsheet now. Thanks for letting us know
Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #2683
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I will update spreadsheet now. Thanks for letting us know
Can you please look at the link now and make sure it updated properly?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #2684
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Still looking for 2 GTY room assignment for the candy swap!
Can you PM me the ones you are missing? I am also in the candy swap -- but might have those numbers from the FE group
Old 05-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #2685
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Gosh, its been chatty on here today!

Haven't done much cruise stuff for a few days, been working solid except Monday. Had the weirdest day at work today, ended up in a fight with someone (don't worry, I'm a police officer, not some kind of thug who goes out looking for fights! ).

You might not think a police officer getting in a fight is weird but it is for me - I deal with frauds, no-one ever kicks off, and it is probably about 8 years since I last got involved in anything like this. Anyway, fighting and pepper spraying someone who picked up a knife was not my ideal start to the day, although it certainly made it go faster. I do not wish a repeat of it, thats for sure - I'm quite happy in my "boring" office role!

Tomorrow will be a quieter day as I have a hospital appointent in London, so will be missing most of my work day! I'm going to pick up a load of London underground maps for anyone that wants one (slightly embarassed to say that I didn't write down previously the cabin numbers of those who did so you might want to send me a message!).

After tomorrow I have 4 days off (hooray!) so will be packing and generally getting everything organised.
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: