Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #211
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99
Isn't that funny, I hear the same things from most cruisers that have done all 4. I still want to do the Fantasy but have no desire to book the Dream over the other 3.
I think I would book the Dream when it finishes it's port contract. The 3 and 5 day iternairies don't interest me at all. But that's me coming from the UK. My time in the US is too precious to spend on a cruise I am not sure about. For me it's not just about the ship, it has to be about the ports.

I can understand it's draw from local residents, if they have a few nights free, or want to bump up their CC status etc.

Saying all that, I can't wait to go on the Dream of Fantasy after I've seen the Magic to compare.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #212
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn
Wow was DCL's website all messed up today! We got our cabin request, the TA we use is amazing! We are all set for the Eastbound PC in 2014. My darling finace (who will be my wife by the time we take the PC cruise) was so excited to do the PC. I am suprised that there isn't a stop at Castaway Cay - any comments on that?
Glad you got the cabin you wanted
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #213
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on
This might be a dumb request but can someone report back the weather and clothing required after this EBTA. We were suppose to go with you but due to family breakdown and my mum's illness, we transferred our ressie to EBTA 2014.
I will be traveling solo with my 3 Littles (5,7, 9) so the less I gotta pack, the better
We will let you know

Best wishes and hugs to you and your family!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #214
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
No comments on that, but WOO HOO for booking!!!

I think we are going to do the WB so we can do the WBTA as well. Any particular reason you chose the EBPC?
We talked about the different cruises...2012 was the year of 4-3-2-1 (4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, 1 year) She was unable to get the time off to do the Wonder - this way she can! We are headed to Anaheim (she hasn't been to DLR either) then drive to San Diego, after the cruise - on to Key West for a few days. We decided (as of now) to NOT do a Kingdom to Kingdom deal. Plus - it will be our one year anniversary.

We were also hoping the Magic would come back to NYC so we could do the weekend to nowhere cruises again. Not is the cards for 2014.

The group I have been sailing with for a few years usually do the new itinaries - but those didn't appeal to us either (cost, location etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Glad you got the cabin you wanted
Thanks!!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #215
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
Which one are you signed up for? the 20th or 22nd? I am going to the brunch on my own, too, on the 22nd-- there are lots of women going on that one -- feel sorry for the menfolk!
The 20th! Am sure it will be absolutely fine, I just noticed that there were lots of people on their own for the 22nd, but its not a problem.

Been to see the consultant today about my thyroglossal cyst. I need to have it removed, as I suspected, so onto the waiting list for surgery. He has recommended I don't have it done until after the cruise, as he said I shouldn't be out in the sun whilst the scar is still healing, and as the waiting list is around 2 months that would probably put me at having the op in April.

They have taken a note of my holiday dates, so hopefully I will get a date for shortly after I return.

Don't know whats worse on the photos, a lumpy neck or a scarred neck! Never mind, could save me a fortune on pics if they're not that great - I'm a real sucker for the pictures as they always come out SO good, and normally I look awful in photos.
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #216
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
We talked about the different cruises...2012 was the year of 4-3-2-1 (4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, 1 year) She was unable to get the time off to do the Wonder - this way she can! We are headed to Anaheim (she hasn't been to DLR either) then drive to San Diego, after the cruise - on to Key West for a few days. We decided (as of now) to NOT do a Kingdom to Kingdom deal. Plus - it will be our one year anniversary.

We were also hoping the Magic would come back to NYC so we could do the weekend to nowhere cruises again. Not is the cards for 2014.

The group I have been sailing with for a few years usually do the new itinaries - but those didn't appeal to us either (cost, location etc).
4-3-2-1 is so dang COOL! That is just tremendous!

I love DLR because of the GCH and it's own entrance to DCA. But now that our "home" is AKV, we probably won't be at DLR much (cruising instead!)

I was just wondering if the EBPC was somehow preferable for reasons I wasn't seeing or if it was just a matter of when people want to go. But I guess a first anniversary is an "okay" reason to choose those dates.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #217
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Got our reservation changed to the June 16, 2014 Alaskan sailing

But I'm the one who started the meet thread for the eastern Caribbean that we moved to do the Alaskan . I need to find someone on that thread to take it over and start a new one. I feel rotten about that. I really wasn't thinking when I started it and now I vow to never start a meet thread again I think I'll let them know that if nobody else wants to do it that I'll happily keep up with it. It sorta sucks also as it seems like a great group of folks and I was looking forward to the cruise. Oh well, if I have to have problems, these are the kind I like.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #218
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

LOVED the Alaskan!! It was my husbands choice but I did enjoy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

But I'm the one who started the meet thread for the eastern Caribbean that we moved to do the Alaskan . I need to find someone on that thread to take it over and start a new one. I feel rotten about that. I really wasn't thinking when I started it and now I vow to never start a meet thread again I think I'll let them know that if nobody else wants to do it that I'll happily keep up with it. It sorta sucks also as it seems like a great group of folks and I was looking forward to the cruise. Oh well, if I have to have problems, these are the kind I like.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #219
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

If you don't get Disney insurance, who do you use? I usually go thru Insuremytrip but this cruise is a little farther and longer with nothing in between, lol. I wanted to check to see what others use.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #220
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo

Don't feel bad, they will be happy for you!

We did Alaska last June. This wonderful psychiatry group did CMEs during sea days and after excursions in two ports so it was a work trip for me! And those psychiatrists are so clever - it was super expensive for one person...and my companion sailed for free! (and the boys and my parents came too)

I know I've already said it, but Alaska is truly phenomenal. Ill try to post the video of the glacier calving if I can figure out how to get it from DH's FB. I never thought I'd appreciate it - I hate being cold. But wow. Just...WOW.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #221
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

You will love Alaska!! It's still one of my favorite cruises ever.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #222
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay, glad you got it changed to what you wanted. Don't worry about the thread - I am sure people will understand

Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #223
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Looking for 4 people for private Madeira tour

My friend Vicki and I booked the west island tour with Daniel Madiera Taxis, and we have room for 4 more people.

Quote:
Our most common west side itinerary has the duration of about 6.5 hours and is as follows:

Camara de Lobos - a small and quaint fishing town.
Cabo Girao - the lookout on top of the highest sea cliff in Europe.
Ribeira Brava - a seaside village
Encumeada - mountain where you can see both coasts, south and north
Sao Vicente - lovely seaside village on the north coast
Seixal - interesting lava formations by the sea
Porto Moniz - famous for the natural pools
Santa - to have an overall look down to Porto Moniz
Paul da Serra - the plateau, this area is very different from the other parts of the island
Ponta do Sol - another seaside village

Price will be 30€ per person for 6 people. Lunch is extra.
If you are interested in joining us, please send me a PM.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #224
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
LOVED the Alaskan!! It was my husbands choice but I did enjoy it.
I hate the cold, but when I look at pictures from there, it just looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
If you don't get Disney insurance, who do you use? I usually go thru Insuremytrip but this cruise is a little farther and longer with nothing in between, lol. I wanted to check to see what others use.
I got it from my TA. They got Travel Insured for us, which is also available from www.*****************.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Don't feel bad, they will be happy for you!

We did Alaska last June. This wonderful psychiatry group did CMEs during sea days and after excursions in two ports so it was a work trip for me! And those psychiatrists are so clever - it was super expensive for one person...and my companion sailed for free! (and the boys and my parents came too)

I know I've already said it, but Alaska is truly phenomenal. Ill try to post the video of the glacier calving if I can figure out how to get it from DH's FB. I never thought I'd appreciate it - I hate being cold. But wow. Just...WOW.
I hope you figure out how to do the video! And how fun that your work chose such a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
You will love Alaska!! It's still one of my favorite cruises ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Yay, glad you got it changed to what you wanted. Don't worry about the thread - I am sure people will understand
They were awesome. Nobody has responded to what I wrote on our thread, but on the FB page one of the gals said she'd take over for me. They are shaping up to be a really great group. There were going to be a ton of twins on that one!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #225
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hate the cold, but when I look at pictures from there, it just looks amazing!

I got it from my TA. They got Travel Insured for us, which is also available from www.*****************.

I hope you figure out how to do the video! And how fun that your work chose such a great trip!

They were awesome. Nobody has responded to what I wrote on our thread, but on the FB page one of the gals said she'd take over for me. They are shaping up to be a really great group. There were going to be a ton of twins on that one!
Aww that's a shame if they sounded like a good group, I'm sure your Alaskan group will be just as cool

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: