Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #2011
jclay
Earning My Ears

Nola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaMax View Post
Are y'all from the New Orleans area?
We are originally from Metairie and Slidell. We've moved around a bit but still have family there.

Jennifer
jclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #2012
jclay
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders

Since I couldn't PM, I've been on Facebook more but I love that there is activity here too. (Not always the case once our Facebook group was active.) 10 posts, now I can PM. Yay!

Although I am late and not on the original FE list, please PM me if you would like to exchange gifts. Facebookers - sorry about the cross post. Also, I don't mean to intrude on the existing plan so no pressure AT ALL.

Now to start packing...
Jennifer
jclay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #2013
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclay View Post
Since I couldn't PM, I've been on Facebook more but I love that there is activity here too. (Not always the case once our Facebook group was active.) 10 posts, now I can PM. Yay!

Although I am late and not on the original FE list, please PM me if you would like to exchange gifts. Facebookers - sorry about the cross post. Also, I don't mean to intrude on the existing plan so no pressure AT ALL.

Now to start packing...
Jennifer
Yep! This is the main page for keeping up with events, and things on the FB page (that was started a few months after this) we try to keep the events still updated here so they are all in one place (first page). I'm like you - on Facebook much more than DIS, but it was decided about a year ago the events for EBTA would be kept here instead of the FB page we created. Some cruises are just the opposite.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #2014
belle2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Are you celebrating an event onboard?

Please reply within this thread (not a PM) and I will add to post #1 and our personal DIS navigator! Wedding anniversary? Birthday? First Cruise? If you have an exact date of the celebration, please include it and I will add it on our calendar of events for that date. Otherwise it will be added as an additional "Celebrations" just below the calendar. I have added celebrations to a different rollcall I am helping with, and I know some people book cruises to celebrate end of chemo, kicking cancer in the rear, etc -- so if you have something to celebrate you would like to share, just reply and I will keep a list to add to post #1!
We're celebrating Lexi 2nd birthday May 13th
belle2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #2015
belle2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Tink has dropped off rollcall a while ago, and my previous PMs to her have not been answered yet. This is the latest list we have - from post # 4 (Last edited by Tink1987; 02-11-2013 at 09:05 AM.).

I will add the details to post #2 since I am able to edit that one, but LadyShopper and I need help:

- if you signed up above -- we need a count of guests in your party
- If you have not signed up, please sign up by May 3 (the original date set) along with how many in your party

*** Please reply within this thread by May 3 (versus sending a PM). No cabin number, reservation number, or credit card number needed We will meet 8:45am first sea day on deck 3 in front of Lumiere's for a picture prior to 9:00 breakfast.

We will basically start from scratch since we do not know if those listed previously are still planning to come or how many there are. Therefore, it would be helpful if everyone can reply again within this thread. I will add a section to post # 2 to keep an updated list available.

The only transatlantic cruise I have been on was 2011, so I don't want to relate it back to that and upset anyone, but it is my only previous transatlantic experience - I can say I coordinated for that and we had 83 sign up in advance so I know it can be quite large. Pictures from other DCL transatlantic PJ breakfasts have looked even larger. (Again, not trying to come across as comparing cruises, just sharing my prior experience in coordinating this and the need to get a count for a possibly large group ) Thank you so much!
Can you please add the 4 of us (2a,2c) but dont know if DH would be awake...
belle2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #2016
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
Afternoon,

I was wondering if many other cruisers were looking for upgrades at the port via the supervisors desk, whilst I am happy with the GTY cabin it would be nice to get a nicer view for the two weeks and was wondering as I am cruising solo do I have to pay the 200% upgrade price for being a solo cruiser or simply the difference on the agreed price list. I may have to ask this on the main boards as it's a fairly one off occurance.

Starting my travels 3 weeks tomorrow.
I keep going back and forth on it, but at the moment, I am going to ask if there are any and if there are, I'll entertain the notion. $$ dependent I guess. I'll be OK with my 10C if there aren't any.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #2017
tobyjasper1970
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Please reply within this thread (not a PM) and I will add to post #1 and our personal DIS navigator! Wedding anniversary? Birthday? First Cruise? If you have an exact date of the celebration, please include it and I will add it on our calendar of events for that date. Otherwise it will be added as an additional "Celebrations" just below the calendar. I have added celebrations to a different rollcall I am helping with, and I know some people book cruises to celebrate end of chemo, kicking cancer in the rear, etc -- so if you have something to celebrate you would like to share, just reply and I will keep a list to add to post #1!
we are celebrating our birthday month, Mike is the 3rd of May and I celebrate on 30th May with a Palo dinner, we will both be 43 ooppps
Disney Westbound Transatlantic Sept 2011 1st cruise ever!!!
Disney Alaska Sept 2012
Disney Caribbean Dec 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Dec 2012
Disney Eastbound Transatlantic May 2013
Disney Med Cruise August 2013
WDW Dec 2013
Disney EBPC Sept 2014 to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary gold members
tobyjasper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #2018
tobyjasper1970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
Woohoo! you are a "take no prisoners" kind of gal.... a transatlantic for your first!!!
2011 EBTA was our first cruise ever, and never looking back
Disney Westbound Transatlantic Sept 2011 1st cruise ever!!!
Disney Alaska Sept 2012
Disney Caribbean Dec 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Dec 2012
Disney Eastbound Transatlantic May 2013
Disney Med Cruise August 2013
WDW Dec 2013
Disney EBPC Sept 2014 to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary gold members
tobyjasper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2019
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I keep going back and forth on it, but at the moment, I am going to ask if there are any and if there are, I'll entertain the notion. $$ dependent I guess. I'll be OK with my 10C if there aren't any.
Same for us, we're also in 10C and considering what's available at the port. If they had just let us pay the difference in price we would have upgraded to balcony GTY, so they lost out on more money with their dino-policies.
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2020
dee slack
DIS Veteran

PJ Breakfast

please could you add the 2 of us - Dee and Nigel

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*touring Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * touring Turkey 05/12* Japan touring & TDR 10/12*
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2021
hmhaase
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Tink has dropped off rollcall a while ago, and my previous PMs to her have not been answered yet. This is the latest list we have - from post # 4 (Last edited by Tink1987; 02-11-2013 at 09:05 AM.).

I will add the details to post #2 since I am able to edit that one, but LadyShopper and I need help:

- If you have not signed up, please sign up by May 3 (the original date set) along with how many in your party
*** Please reply within this thread by May 3 (versus sending a PM). No cabin number, reservation number, or credit card number needed We will meet 8:45am first sea day on deck 3 in front of Lumiere's for a picture prior to 9:00 breakfast.

We will basically start from scratch since we do not know if those listed previously are still planning to come or how many there are. Therefore, it would be helpful if everyone can reply again within this thread. I will add a section to post # 2 to keep an updated list available.

The only transatlantic cruise I have been on was 2011, so I don't want to relate it back to that and upset anyone, but it is my only previous transatlantic experience - I can say I coordinated for that and we had 83 sign up in advance so I know it can be quite large. Pictures from other DCL transatlantic PJ breakfasts have looked even larger. (Again, not trying to come across as comparing cruises, just sharing my prior experience in coordinating this and the need to get a count for a possibly large group ) Thank you so much!
Count us in for the pj breakfast! Me (Hope), DH (Aaron) and DD(6)!
hmhaase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #2022
hmhaase
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We are celebrating my birthday on May 25 and our anniversary on may 30 (14 years)!!!
hmhaase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #2023
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

After thinking about it (thanks Kirbo for your musings), we are switching to the main dining as well. The boys normally go to sleep at 6:30 (yes, 6:30! ), so even though we are gaining an hour, I think we are pushing it by expecting them to have any type of manners by 9:00 haha. They can do shows, the Lab, etc. in the evening, but I think food should come first.

Also, I have 23 adults and 11 kids for the Til We Meet Again Luncheon. I know there are more out there!

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #2024
1stDC2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

Please add me, are kids allowed? If so add DD 4 also!

Last edited by 1stDC2013; 04-22-2013 at 05:44 PM.
1stDC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #2025
1stDC2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

1st cruise for DD4 and 1st DC for us and our move to Germany!
1stDC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: