Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #136
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I just made an appointment, Mandy. My first skin checkup. Your post made me decide. Thank you.
Bobbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Released today, 2014 itineraries now on website.

eBta 2014 12 nights

Wbta 14 nights Barcelona, Malaga, Tenerife, Antigua, st Maarten, st kitts and San juan

Seriously thinking of doing the westbound, great ports.
I love the sound of this one! But I talked to DH and the girls will be starting fifth grade (which is middle school here) in late August. He thinks we really shouldn't do that one So then I brought up the WBPC, that one is a bad time for him at work Just two weeks later and it'd be doable, but it's too early in May. We have a EC on the Fantasy scheduled for late August of that year, but I don't really have a great desire to sail on the new boats .

Anyway, we might end up switching our EC to an Alaskan. It costs more, but we could drive to Vancouver and spend a few days there! I don't know what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Yay!!! Don't be afraid to bare it all, even in those nooks and crannies. Seriously -- hubby has had three spots of melanoma (thigh, stomach, arm) and luckily all caught when stage one. Had we waited a year, we could have a different prognosis......
So glad he had a good outcome :whew:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
That is awesome! "My parents" are really my mom and stepdad -- it's just easier to call them parents haha. My dad and stepmom are super involved with the boys, too. We all hang out together a lot. In fact, my mom and dad are together with the boys three days a week. I love when families can be close this way!
My father was married to my beloved stepmom for 26 years when she died of cancer in 2010. She was a fantastic, fabulous woman who made my father a better man. My stepmom was also my mom's best friend. Crazy, huh? My mom and dad broke up when I was a toddler and my dad and stepmom didn't get together until I was a teen. There were no hard feelings between my folks, so I was very lucky that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Oh gosh no, I don't want anyone to move or anything! As long as you all say "hi" to me I'll be fine! I'm actually quite shy, so am making myself sign up to as much as possible so I can talk to lots of people!
I'll talk to you! Even if it's not at the brunch.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #137
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
We wanted to do the parasailing but we are too fat! Haha!
You aren't missing much. We did it in April and thought it was really lame. Seeing the island from that view was neat but I could see that on youtube. There was no rush or thrill. I videoed it if you ever want to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

My father was married to my beloved stepmom for 26 years when she died of cancer in 2010. She was a fantastic, fabulous woman who made my father a better man. My stepmom was also my mom's best friend. Crazy, huh? My mom and dad broke up when I was a toddler and my dad and stepmom didn't get together until I was a teen. There were no hard feelings between my folks, so I was very lucky that way
Glad there isn't any hurt feelings, it is so nice when everyone gets along. My one co-worker is currently married to the maid of honor in his first wedding and his first wife is married to his best man from his first wedding! They remain best friends as were maid of honor/best man for both weddings.
Co-worker married 1st wife.
Best man and maid of honor from coworker's wedding married.
Both couples got divorced and then married each other's ex-wife.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #138
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Glad there isn't any hurt feelings, it is so nice when everyone gets along. My one co-worker is currently married to the maid of honor in his first wedding and his first wife is married to his best man from his first wedding! They remain best friends as were maid of honor/best man for both weddings.
Co-worker married 1st wife.
Best man and maid of honor from coworker's wedding married.
Both couples got divorced and then married each other's ex-wife.
Love it! Even nuttier than my family
Old 02-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #139
Kirbo
Whovian

I have a question for Mandy or anyone else who might know. I know that I saw on here the prices (starting at prices ) for double occupancy in 11Cs on the itineraries released today. But I don't see it on my TA's website and I can't find the post here. Anyone have a link?

Also, anyone who is booking tomorrow, if you have the time and inclination, we'd love to get some prices on the Alaskan cruises for 2A2C (9,9) leaving after June 17th or later. Just if anyone has the time
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #140
Kirbo
Whovian

http://dclnews.com/2013/02/disney-cr...ies-and-ports/

I found the "starting at" prices. But I have a hard time believing that I'll find anything even remotely that cheap for when we could go
Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #141
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://dclnews.com/2013/02/disney-cr...ies-and-ports/

I found the "starting at" prices. But I have a hard time believing that I'll find anything even remotely that cheap for when we could go
All I have to say is that Alaska is a must-do! I had no idea how over-the-top spectacular everything would be. Like really. Do it! Do it! (I'm chanting haha)

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #142
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love it! Even nuttier than my family
To add to the awesome divorce stories -- one of my best friend's parents divorced when she was a toddler. They had a ceremony and walked backward down the aisle and threw rice at the guests. Hilarious!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 AM   #143
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner
You aren't missing much. We did it in April and thought it was really lame. Seeing the island from that view was neat but I could see that on youtube. There was no rush or thrill. I videoed it if you ever want to see it.
Thank you - after we realised we couldn't do it we watched videos on Youtube. Thanks for the offer though
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #144
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
All I have to say is that Alaska is a must-do! I had no idea how over-the-top spectacular everything would be. Like really. Do it! Do it! (I'm chanting haha)
If we can swing it financially, we're going to do it
Quote:
To add to the awesome divorce stories -- one of my best friend's parents divorced when she was a toddler. They had a ceremony and walked backward down the aisle and threw rice at the guests. Hilarious!
Love it
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #145
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we can swing it financially, we're going to do it
More incentive to join a mileage program!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #146
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Anyone still needing one-way domestic airfares to Houston Hobby? Fare sale today...

http://www.southwest.com/html/promot...10s11_20130208
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #147
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

The WBTA prices are very good! £1,668 for 11C - 2 adults. That's cheaper then we have paid for this EBTA!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #148
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
More incentive to join a mileage program!
I agree. We used miles for all of our flights this trip.

So, I took the plunge and booked one of the 7 night Southern Caribbean itineraries. Originally booked September but changed to October. The rates were not that bad and I've never been to any of the ports except San Juan.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #149
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

I've just ordered our T shirts for embarkation day. Thanks to whoever mentioned tagxedo and Mickey head shapes, which gave me the inspiration for the front, and thanks to Mandy for sharing the artwork that I used for the back.

EDIT: Actually I think credit for the logo on the back should go to Val shouldn't it?

Front

Back

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise

Last edited by wickesy; 02-13-2013 at 01:35 PM.
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #150
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
I've just ordered our T shirts for embarkation day. Thanks to whoever mentioned tagxedo and Mickey head shapes, which gave me the inspiration for the front, and thanks to Mandy for sharing the artwork that I used for the back.
Those T-shirts are fabulous!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: