Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Hoop Dee Doo- for adults

I've never done HDDR, but would like to experience it. I have a few questions...

Would you recommend HDDR for a group of 5 adults, no kids? We are spending a couple days in the world after our cruise on the DREAM. We opted out of the dining plan (figured we'd be full from eating on the cruise) so we'd be paying out of pocket.

Do you think its worth paying OOP?
or
Do you think we should wait until next year, when we will have the DDP?
or
Do you think we should wait until we have kids with us?

Also, what are the vegetarian options?
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post
I've never done HDDR, but would like to experience it. I have a few questions...

Would you recommend HDDR for a group of 5 adults, no kids? Yes. There was adult oriented (but family friendly) humor. We are spending a couple days in the world after our cruise on the DREAM. We opted out of the dining plan (figured we'd be full from eating on the cruise) so we'd be paying out of pocket.

Do you think its worth paying OOP? Yes. But only one time.
or
Do you think we should wait until next year, when we will have the DDP? Depends. You have to use 2 TS on Dining Plan but really not 2 TS credit worthy--price is less than most 2 TS credit events/dining. DDP covers tip. We used the DDP when we went to HDDR.
or
Do you think we should wait until we have kids with us? No.

Also, what are the vegetarian options?
The chef will make you anything you want if you don't like what they are serving. Just ask.

Last edited by tinkermommyof3; 01-29-2013 at 09:51 AM.
tinkermommyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
VFG
Disney Bride

You don't need kids to do Hoop de Doo. We really enjoy the show. We paid OPP and used our credits on other meals.
VFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

DH and I have been a number of times. We don't have kids. We've also been in larger all adult groups and have attended the show. It's a lot of fun! Try the late show! There are not as many children and the performers get a little loopy by the end of the night. It's a good time for sure!

We have always paid OOP for HDDR, even when we were on the dining plan. I personally think it's well worth it!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
got2sammies
DIS Veteran

Do it! We went and had a wonderful time! We did have my son with us but I saw a lot of adults..The later shows has less kids, the food is good and plentiful and it does include alcoholic beverage (I think its limit two though) I had the sangria but they did serve beer. I did use my dining credits but its two credits per person so paying out of pocket is not to bad...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I think we will try it. Does it matter which tier you are in?
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

We went with a group of three adults and had a blast. I can't imagine it being better with kids.

There were two vegetarians among us, and they offered us a choice of grilled vegetables or pasta with marinara. I had the vegetables and they were delicious. (FYI, the baked beans are made with bacon.) All of the food was great, especially the cornbread. I'd pay OOP if I didn't have the DDP and had the cash.

We were in the cheapest seats, and they were good, but if I'd had the extra money (or the ability to eat a big meal later at night without getting sick) I do think I'd have tried for the better ones. We had to turn away from the table to see the show, which meant we couldn't linger over our food the way I'd have liked to. But they did make an effort to include the people in the balcony in some of the audience participation, so we didn't feel left out.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
DEA
DIS Veteran

I think it's a fun show. So do my kids. It has broad appeal, I think, because the humor is so broad. As a bonus for the grown-ups, a set of alcoholic beverages is available at no additional cost, if you're inclined to imbibe. I know the choices in beer are not the best beers on the market, but the wines are okay.

I'd suggest one of the farther-back tiers, 2 or 3, for a table of grown-ups. You get a lower chance of character interaction, and the show is a little less in-your-face if you end up not liking it so much. If it's a slow time and the place isn't packed, you may get moved forward into a closer tier. Tier 2 is probably a good compromise between a good view and some separation from the action.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We only went with NO kids, we could drink and have fun without the responsibility of kids LOL.

We like Tier 3 upstairs, no one is in front of you and you can see everything really well. It's a balcony.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: