DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

Concerning Occurence

Okay, wasn't originally going to post this, but there have been so many threads all over these boards about problems with CMs. I'm sure some people have run into legitimately bad CMs, but sometimes I wonder if it's a matter of guest expectations and treatment of the CMs.

Last October when we checked into BCV for our one bedroom, I asked if they happened to have any rooms facing Epcot. Worth a shot, but not a big deal. The CM dutifully looked it up in the computer, and then with a look like she was about to burst into tears, told me "I'm so, so sorry, we have nothing on that side." As I was saying it was fine, she scurried off to check with her manager. After coming back from talking to her manager she again told me they had nothing with that view, and actually flinched back as she told me. I assured her it was fine, and it would have been nice, but would not make or break our trip. She kept apologizing throughout the rest of check-in. It was uncomfortable to be honest, and I can only imagine what previous encounters caused a reaction like that.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
DenLo
DIS Veteran

That's sad. You are right it does make you wonder how many times she's been yelled at because a request wasn't available. Maybe part of the problem is that some members really believe the guest is always correct and that good manners doesn't apply to them.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

With 60,000 plus people working at WDW and many of them in face to face roles, you are going to find, good, bad, knowledgeable, some who don't care and some that are sensitive CM's. Add that to the fact that many come from different countries or maybe they were brought up that telling a customer no is a bad thing. Who knows she may have just had a fight with her boy friend or been chewed out by her manager.

Yes some people can be overbearing or feel that they are special but we really don't know what happened in this case.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
DizBub
Totally Addicted

That poor girl, sounds like PTSD. Maybe that job is not for her.
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Poor CM.

We were at MCO and an employee was trying to get in to refill the almost empty tray of bins. People were complaining about how few bins there were, but weren't letting him in.

We moved up in line and let him in. He thanked us an almost embarrassing number of times, saying how nice we were, etc. All we did was let him in so he could replenish the bins, and part of our reason was that we needed them! We're experienced and quick travelers but we take up a ridiculous number of bins. (I've had solo travelers huff and puff and cut in front of me because they see multiple bins as being indicators of slowness, and then I have to wait ages, with filled bins and we're at the ready, while we wait for him to find out he has to take off his shoes, etc. )

I asked him if people are really THAT rude to them, and he got one of those faraway looks in his eyes that goes along with lots of guest abuse, and told us that we were the nicest people through the line that he'd met in months.

And all we did was let him in so we could use those bins. I get the feeling people are quite awful.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

we've had FD CM who posted that the FD at DVC resorts was far more trying than non DVC resorts.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Sadly DVC members have a rep with CMs. And it is not good. I will not wear DVC branded stuff to avoid being branded

You bought a timeshares. Some folks, including DIS board members, seem to think they are now entitled to a lot more. ( hint if you ate wearing DVC merchandise and lime green Mickey heads while screaming DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THIS. or I AM A DVC MEMBER I OWN PART OF THIS PARK then you are part of the problem. And yes, I saw you )
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: