Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
keriintheUK
Earning My Ears

Refillable mugs

How do they work. Once you have one can you refill at any park or resort or just yours.
keriintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
SHOREDAD
Mouseketeer

You cannot use the mugs in the parks for refills. Not sure about from resort to resort.
SHOREDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
Baloo76
DISboards lurker

Technically you're only allowed to refill them at your resort (or group of resorts - e.g. at All-Stars you can refill them at any All-Star resort). However from what I saw, the mugs are the same at each resort so I don't think there would be a way to tell that you were refilling "illegally" (if you were so inclined)

Baloo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

only in the resort you are staying at.
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

They're a nice souvenir but they're pretty expensive. Not sure people who actually follow the rules all get their money's worth out of them.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Princess_taffy05
Mouseketeer

We got ours for free with free dining plan this past December. Very cute mugs. We didn't use them much. You can only refill at your own resort, but as a previous poster said; they really have no way of knowing if you refill at a different resort.
We didn't want to carry them around with us, but if you don't mind carrying them around from resort to resort- go for it
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
They're a nice souvenir but they're pretty expensive. Not sure people who actually follow the rules all get their money's worth out of them.
At $2.50 each soda versus $15 for an unlimited mug at the resorts, the Mugs paid for itself in two or three days on resort. I did eat at least once a day and am a heavier than normal Diet Coke Drinker. I did follow the rules on them. I also drank only water at the parks due to wanting to keep hyrdrated and also used the mug to keep the water cold longer. I would probably do that again in a month.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Miss Mo
DIS Veteran

I love resort mugs. Always get them and bring them home. Have one on my desk at work to try and remind myself to drink water throughout the day! We come over from Scotland and always stay for 2 weeks so $15 dollars for 2 weeks' drinks is a no brainer. But I'd buy them anyway coz I love them!! LOL!

mo x
Old 01-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by keriintheUK View Post
How do they work. Once you have one can you refill at any park or resort or just yours.
The official rules are that you can only use your refillable mug at your home resort. This is always a hotly debated topic so I'm getting ready to as I say this..

You can't refill them in the parks. The mugs are the same at every resort. We always get the dining plan and we like to resort hop to eat so we don't end up eating the same things for 2 weeks. When we were there in Feb and again in July/Aug last year, all of the resorts have the same mug and a lot of people use their mugs resort to resort. I'm not making any value judgement on it because a lot of people really disagree with it, but from my observation, people use their mugs at other resorts. We never remember our mugs when we go to our home resort food court so we never do it, but people do for sure.

Rumour has it that Disney are going to be putting a stop to it by having chipped mugs. I'm hoping that if they do install some sort of chip in the mugs, that they connect them to my brain so I remember to take my mug with me!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
dalayney
Mouseketeer

We seemed to use ours to make them worth our while. Every night, if we got back to our rooms before 11pm, hubby would run over and fill them w/hot chocolate. It was quite the nice habit winding down the day w/hot chocolate before bed.
dalayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
whatisgoofy?
Mouseketeer

We got the mugs when we last visited 13 years ago...and it led to an addiction to drinking ice-cold Sprite before bedtime that has lasted to this very day. So...we feel medically obligated to get the mugs again when we return to WDW in October.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
tkgdisney
Mouseketeer

So if we have the dining plan when we change resorts multiple times, we get new mugs each time? They tried to give us new ones at the second resort, but we did not want another set of mugs! Three sets of mugs over 2 weeks is a waste.
tkgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

If you do a dining plan...the mugs are included
The first year we went the mugs were not included, but I felt it was more then worth if for over a week's worth of unlimited drinks at our resort.

We always do a DDP, and I enjoy bringing the mugs home as souveniers.

I fill my mug with coffee before going to the parks in the am.
It's nice to have it with me when I get back to my resort in the evening so i don't have to go all the way back to my room to get my mug :P

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: