Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

Adding extra person after check-in??

I have a 9 day stay booked at Port Orleans in October. My mom wants to join me for 2-3 days. She is thinking of flying in towards the end of my trip and then flying back with me. She won't plan anything in advance so she may not even decide until a week or so before my trip. It really wouldn't be unusual for her if she called me while I was on my trip and said she was coming on X day.

I'm going solo so I will have an extra bed in my room for her to stay. Since I don't know yet if she is coming, I haven't added her to my room. I will also be on the DxDDP which she does not want to do. I know if I add her to my ressie, she will have to be on the plan. I have a feeling she will go back to the room before me so I want to make sure she has a key and I definitely don't want to sneak her in. She's never been to Disney so I think she thinks I'll get a slew of room keys like most hotels give you at check-in.

Is there a way to add her to my room without the dining plan? If it comes down to it, adding the plan will be cheaper than booking her own room for 2-3 nights so that is what I'd probably do. It would just be a waste. She drinks coffee for two meals and eats maybe one meal a day. I know if I tell her these issues, then she'll just not come so I'm trying to reach a decision on my own about what to do. She's never been to Disney and I know it's a dream of hers to go.

I read on another board that if you add someone after check-in, then you don't have to add the dining plan since it has to be added in advance. Is this correct? Could I just add her to my room when I check in solo for the dates she will be coming without adding the plan for her? She'd then just purchase tickets and food separately. Not trying to skirt around the rules, just trying to find the best option possible within Disney's parameters. Thanks for any advice!

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! POR - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

You can add her after check in and she won't be on the dining plan. We've done it multiple times.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

Thanks so much! I was hoping that was the case. The boards always give me quicker answers too! I tried calling Disney today and phone wait times have been horrible.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! POR - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
AuroraRora
Princess

Yup, no problem at all! I've flown in for part of my parents Disney vacations twice and never had any issues
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: