Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #196
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Does anyone remember the latest bus from the port to WDW? Sounds like the earliest return is 3ish?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #197
ShelleyLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabug70 View Post
If you carry your own luggage you can get off earlier. They also told us to call guest services if you had a flight prior to 1pm and they would do what they could to make sure you made your flight. Everyone had to be out of their staterooms by 8:15. They told us to allow 25 to 30 min to get through customs, but we just walked right through customs. In fact, it was easier to go through customs than it was to get off the ship! It took us maybe 10 minutes. But if time is tight, I would allow more than 10 min just in case.
Do you remember what time the first people could walk off the boat? Was it 7:30 or 8:00? What time did people start lining up in the lobby to disembark? We want to be some of the first people off the boat and I'm trying to get an idea at what time they opened doors from boat. TIA!!!
ShelleyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #198
mamabug70
Amy L

I don't remember.. Sorry.. We had second seating breakfast so we were off at like 9am. But I know we were in port by like 6:30. After we got to port we had to wait for customs to clear the ship so we could disembark. Not sure what time that was. I know I was still in my room when they made the announcement that people could begin disembarking and I left my room at 8am.

1998 POFQ
1998 Boardwalk
1999-2007 yearly off property
2006 POP
2008 AKL-Jambo
2009 off property
2010 POR
2011 AKL-Kidani
2012 POFQ
2012 AOA Lion King Suite
mamabug70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #199
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoHappy View Post
You can definitely see the fireworks and catch a bus back to the ship. We were at the stop outside Magic Kingdom about 10 minutes before 9pm hoping to catch the 9pm bus, but one had already left and we had to wait about 15 until another bus got there. We watched the fireworks while waiting and boarding the bus. By that time a long line had formed behind us and Disney was calling for more buses to come to MK.

One thing to note...We were repeatedly told that the bus schedule wouldn't change even if the park hours were extended. The last bus leaving MK was scheduled for 9:30 even though MK's hours were extended until 10pm.
I've booked the Illumations Fireworks Dessert thing through DCL..I think it said the event would end at 9:40? Surely if this is offered as an excursion they will make sure participants can make it back to the ship? Has anyone booked this with DCL and if so how did it go?

PS..I'm a little confused. US citizens ned a passport getting off and on the ship in Port Canaveral and just photo ID at Key West and CC? Isn't Key West considered the 'foreign' port? Why would you need your passport at the Florida port? Sorry for not knowing all this..our only other cruise was Pacific Coast and we only got off in SF and SD and never had to carry our passports.

Last edited by nunzia; 02-23-2013 at 01:11 PM.
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #200
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia

I've booked the Illumations Fireworks Dessert thing through DCL..I think it said the event would end at 9:40? Surely if this is offered as an excursion they will make sure participants can make it back to the ship? Has anyone booked this with DCL and if so how did it go?

PS..I'm a little confused. US citizens ned a passport getting off and on the ship in Port Canaveral and just photo ID at Key West and CC? Isn't Key West considered the 'foreign' port? Why would you need your passport at the Florida port? Sorry for not knowing all this..our only other cruise was Pacific Coast and we only got off in SF and SD and never had to carry our passports.
You visit a foreign island before Port Canaveral but not before Key West.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #201
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

We stop at castaway cat, Bahamas before wdw. We will need to clear customs since coming from a foreign port
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #202
queenofeverything
Mouseketeer

Last time I checked, Key West was part of Florida...therefore definitely not a foreign port!!
queenofeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #203
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything
Last time I checked, Key West was part of Florida...therefore definitely not a foreign port!!
CastawayCay Is a Bahamian island.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #204
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Sea, sea, castaway Bahama, port Canaveral, sea, key west, sea.

For key West and castaway day, you will need kttw and a photo is to reboard ship. All ports required ship I'd and picture is to get through the gates to the ship.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #205
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything View Post
LOL! Whoops..I meant Castaway Cay..and ok I see it now as since you go to CC BEFORE PC you need to clear customs THERE. DOH!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #206
FSU88
Mouseketeer

We just got off the Feb 15th 8-day sailing and had an excellent time. We really had a breeze with all entries and exits from the Magic. We were a party of 2 adults and one 11 year old, with only birth certificates. On the first day we had a later port arrival, and got to port around 1:30 and there were no lines whatsoever. We walked right up to an agent and I presented our birth certificates and 2 drivers licenses, and within 5 minutes we were headed onto the ship.

At CC, bring your KTTW and photo ID. We waited a few minutes to get off the ship as we were down early and first off, but once they opened up the lines the process was quick. It was very easy getting back on too.

At Port Canaveral, EVERYONE on board must exit the ship and go through customs, even if you plan to stay at the ship all day. The cruise director said to head off the ship 20 minutes before your scheduled bus departure to allow for going through customs. We had our birth certificates and ID's in tow and headed off. We encountered no lines and went right to an open agent. Disney has managed this process well, as I'm remembering at least 12 agents. The agent took a quick glance at our papers and bid us a pleasant day.

Key West was the same as CC, just your KTTW card and ID's are needed. Be sure to have your ID's, that is mandatory. They had trams of all sorts waiting to take you to Mallory Square. The ship docks at the Naval Pier and you cannot walk through the secure naval yard so you must take a tram. On the way back, security boards the tram as it enters the naval yard to check everyone's ID's, then you need you KTTW card to reboard the ship.

On the last night a customs declaration form is left in your cabin that must be filled out prior to leaving. When we headed out, that is all we had to give to the agent and that was just as I was walking past them, I did not even have to stop. We had second breakfast and headed off the ship at 9AM. At that time there was NO line at all to get off the ship. It was very easy and stress free.

The only process that was a little hectic was how you queued up for WDW arraigned buses back to IAH or Hobby. There was no signage that I saw and the cast members also seemed a bit under informed as to what was going on.

That aside, most of the processes of moving guests on and off the ship were very well managed.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #207
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88
We just got off the Feb 15th 8-day sailing and had an excellent time. We really had a breeze with all entries and exits from the Magic. We were a party of 2 adults and one 11 year old, with only birth certificates. On the first day we had a later port arrival, and got to port around 1:30 and there were no lines whatsoever. We walked right up to an agent and I presented our birth certificates and 2 drivers licenses, and within 5 minutes we were headed onto the ship.

At CC, bring your KTTW and photo ID. We waited a few minutes to get off the ship as we were down early and first off, but once they opened up the lines the process was quick. It was very easy getting back on too.

At Port Canaveral, EVERYONE on board must exit the ship and go through customs, even if you plan to stay at the ship all day. The cruise director said to head off the ship 20 minutes before your scheduled bus departure to allow for going through customs. We had our birth certificates and ID's in tow and headed off. We encountered no lines and went right to an open agent. Disney has managed this process well, as I'm remembering at least 12 agents. The agent took a quick glance at our papers and bid us a pleasant day.

Key West was the same as CC, just your KTTW card and ID's are needed. Be sure to have your ID's, that is mandatory. They had trams of all sorts waiting to take you to Mallory Square. The ship docks at the Naval Pier and you cannot walk through the secure naval yard so you must take a tram. On the way back, security boards the tram as it enters the naval yard to check everyone's ID's, then you need you KTTW card to reboard the ship.

On the last night a customs declaration form is left in your cabin that must be filled out prior to leaving. When we headed out, that is all we had to give to the agent and that was just as I was walking past them, I did not even have to stop. We had second breakfast and headed off the ship at 9AM. At that time there was NO line at all to get off the ship. It was very easy and stress free.

The only process that was a little hectic was how you queued up for WDW arraigned buses back to IAH or Hobby. There was no signage that I saw and the cast members also seemed a bit under informed as to what was going on.

That aside, most of the processes of moving guests on and off the ship were very well managed.
We are on the March 1 sailing. DCL told me we dock at pier B not the NAVY pier. We have a scooter, are the trams accessible as big as the buses at Disney? With very limited time in Key West we need to avoid delays and don't want to hold up the lines waiting behind us.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #208
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006 View Post
We are on the March 1 sailing. DCL told me we dock at pier B not the NAVY pier. We have a scooter, are the trams accessible as big as the buses at Disney? With very limited time in Key West we need to avoid delays and don't want to hold up the lines waiting behind us.
Pier B is also called WESTIN PIER B, I believe, and it had a RCL ship there while we were there, which is why we were at the Navy Mole Pier.

It looks like Pier B is right by town and trams are not needed at all, you can access town by foot or your scooter directly.

If you do end up docking at the Navy Pier, I'm sure some of the trams they use are accessible. They were using the Conch Tour trams, the City Trolley cars and some mini buses.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #209
queenofeverything
Mouseketeer

According to the Key West cruise ship docking schedule, they show us at the Navy Base (Outer Mole)

http://www.keywestcity.com/eGov/apps...w=item;id=8723
queenofeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #210
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything
According to the Key West cruise ship docking schedule, they show us at the Navy Base (Outer Mole)

http://www.keywestcity.com/eGov/apps...w=item;id=8723
That stinks. I will check with the Port Adventure desk after we board. I would hate to miss the boat getting back because we can't fi d a shuttle. This is why I don't book shore excursions. LOL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: