Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #181
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

how much was the disc with the shutters only pics???
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #182
NikkiFB
Earning My Ears

The disc had ALL photos (ship + parks) regardless... if you pay the $350 you get all of them. Or you could do $150 for 10 photos, $250 for 20... so if you did one of those options you could choose JUST ship pics for your 10 or 20 choices.

We did the 10 photo option, figuring we could add park photos individually from the PhotoPass website if we wanted to. (Ended up not needing to; when we picked out the really GOOD pics, 10 was enough.)

Borders: Yes, the photos on the disc seem to have the same borders as printed. I plan to crop those things off in Photoshop. Only a couple of our 10 had a full border; most just had a little graphic w/ the date. The WDW photos only have a fairly unobtrusive little graphic at the bottom--the ship on one corner, castle on the other. I'd still prefer no graphic at all, but it's not horrible.
NikkiFB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #183
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy

The photo CD, with ALL your pictures was $349.....if you wanted the printed copies as well, than it was an extra $75.

IF you choose the CD with all your pics on it, then the Disney ones would be included. IF you choose to pick only 10 or 20 digital files, then you were choosing between the ship photos and WDW.

As well, if you are getting off the ship, and clearing customs, then you will have to take your BC with you. I don't even know how it would be possible to try to clear customs, take the card back, THEN get off the ship. As you would have to clear again. Also, you need it to get back on. They are checked in Port Canaveral, and Key West.

Do you need to take your passport or birth certificate and clear customs again in Key West? Do you just need to take a photo ID with you?

Just wanted to make sure, I don't like carrying my passport around in port when not needed.

Thanks!
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #184
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
Do you need to take your passport or birth certificate and clear customs again in Key West? Do you just need to take a photo ID with you?

Just wanted to make sure, I don't like carrying my passport around in port when not needed.

Thanks!

Passport was needed. If you dock at the naval pier, then a guard comes to check your passport. You need to have the proper ID with you.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #185
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our 2 Princesses View Post
We had apple juice and chocolate chip cookies. Alice and the mad hatter were both there. He was funny! They also pick 2 kids from the audience to join their party.
Glad that I read this. I thought that it was going to be an actual tea party with sandwiches and cakes. Ooops, I guess it really is just a character experience. Sounds like fun anyways!

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #186
Tass
Mouseketeer

Never mind . . . hadn't read enough responses. My question was already answered.

Last edited by Tass; 02-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #187
thopkin1
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they handed out bandanas for pirate night?
thopkin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #188
NikkiFB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopkin1 View Post
Does anyone know if they handed out bandanas for pirate night?
Yes, they did.
NikkiFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #189
ShelleyLynn
Mouseketeer

Disembarkation Question

We have arranged a private car transfer to Hobby airport. What time did they start letting passengers off the ship? If you carry all your luggage with you do you get to get off earlier? I have booked my car service to be at the port at 8:30. We have a tight schedule to make our flight. How fast was the customs process? I would appreciate any report from people who were trying to get off the boat as early as possible.
Thanks
ShelleyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #190
Icats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaj View Post
Do the pictures on the CD have the same borders as the prints?

Thanks!
The pictures on the CD we bought last year when we were on the Dream did not have any borders. Not sure if that has changed...
Icats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #191
thopkin1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiFB

Yes, they did.
Thanks
thopkin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #192
mamabug70
Amy L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyLynn
We have arranged a private car transfer to Hobby airport. What time did they start letting passengers off the ship? If you carry all your luggage with you do you get to get off earlier? I have booked my car service to be at the port at 8:30. We have a tight schedule to make our flight. How fast was the customs process? I would appreciate any report from people who were trying to get off the boat as early as possible.
Thanks
If you carry your own luggage you can get off earlier. They also told us to call guest services if you had a flight prior to 1pm and they would do what they could to make sure you made your flight. Everyone had to be out of their staterooms by 8:15. They told us to allow 25 to 30 min to get through customs, but we just walked right through customs. In fact, it was easier to go through customs than it was to get off the ship! It took us maybe 10 minutes. But if time is tight, I would allow more than 10 min just in case.

1998 POFQ
1998 Boardwalk
1999-2007 yearly off property
2006 POP
2008 AKL-Jambo
2009 off property
2010 POR
2011 AKL-Kidani
2012 POFQ
2012 AOA Lion King Suite
mamabug70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #193
mamabug70
Amy L

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy
How full did the ship feel?

We all know that the Magic is going into dry dock this year but curious to know how she is looking and feeling to everyone?

For those who were on this cruise would you do this cruise again. Regardless of your answer would you tell us how you reached that conclusion?

Still looking at the May 10 cruise but we gotta do taxes first

HG
Not sure if you saw my previous post, but our bathrooms flooded twice (with black stuff floating in the water) and had multiple problems with my lock on my stateroom door not working. I spent almost an entire day going back and forth to guest services because I couldn't get in my room. Even with all those problems I still LOVED the ship and the crew and would do this cruise again in a heartbeat! (I wasn't looking for the ship to be worn... We have gone to WDW at least once a year for 15 years so I know Disney sets the standard for cleanliness and attention to detail.)

Why I would do it again:

Staff was attentive and friendly - excellent!
Gave us the opportunity to do a Disney cruise and still go to the parks at a cheaper rate than a land/sea vacation from Port Canaveral.
LOVED LOVED LOVED Castaway Cay.
Shows and onboard entertainment were fantastic!
DD13 had a great time at Edge and is still talking to her friends from the cruise via text, Facebook, and Skype.
I came back from this vacation more relaxed than I had been from any previous vacation... That to me is priceless!

1998 POFQ
1998 Boardwalk
1999-2007 yearly off property
2006 POP
2008 AKL-Jambo
2009 off property
2010 POR
2011 AKL-Kidani
2012 POFQ
2012 AOA Lion King Suite
mamabug70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #194
noriega
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post

Thanks!
For Castaway and Key West they announced everyone over 18 requires photo id and key to the world card. My wife and I only took our Texas driver’s license and ktwc.

We did take passports to Port Canaveral.
noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #195
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noriega

For Castaway and Key West they announced everyone over 18 requires photo id and key to the world card. My wife and I only took our Texas driver’s license and ktwc.

We did take passports to Port Canaveral.
Thanks for clearing that up. We always carry a drivers license as all ports ask for it when re entering the port area. I get having to go through customs in PC as we were in a foreign port prior but didn't understand about KW.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: