Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
My son did the SATs as a 13 year old also. He really enjoyed doing it. His score was okay. He did MUCH better as a junior. I think they tell you that when you take it as a 7th/8th grader, you can add 400 points to that score and you will get an idea of how they will do as a junior. My son did WAY better than that, thank goodness. But I've read some things that some kids have done in 7th/8th grade and they are awesome scores.
Thanks for the information!! He was happy with his scores (it was higher than the 'average senior' SAT score for our high school, state and nationally) and now he has a plan in place to achieve the scores he feels he needs, now he knows exactly what he needs to improve upon! He is starting with an SAT prep person this summer to REALLY help him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acklander View Post
LOL. I dropped DS13 off this AM for the SATs as well. Not nervous since it doesn't count for colleges or anything beyond the Duke TIPS program. I think they use it to see how much the kids improve from year to year if they maxed out on the state standardized test. So, the pressure is on the teachers not the students this early in the game.
My DS was for a similar program through Johns Hopkins! It's nice to take it with NO pressure at all!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: