Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
tigereye
Mouseketeer

Any chance of getting two air mattresses into a Value or Moderate room?

Hi,

I'm planning a trip for my kids (DS-16, DS-14, and DD-13) and I for later this year, and they've pretty much reached the point that they can't sleep together any more. I know the practical thing is probably to rent a larger place offsite for the 4 of us, but I'm being stubborn and clinging to some irrational hope that we might be able to make an onsite room work.

Just wondering if anyone has tried to get two twin air mattresses in a room at a Mod or Value?

Thanks,

Mike

Me (38) DS (14) DD (13) DS (15)
tigereye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

We did the air mattress thing last year. We put it righy in between the beds at cbr. We only used one. But i gaurantee u could get another at the ends of the bed. U will b squished...but its just at nite. When ds got up in the morning we just leaned it against the wall. The maid even left additional bedding. Super nice!
At cbr it can b done. I m not sure bout values...but i would figure out a way lol.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

I would say one is do-able in a value, but not two. I've had both a single and double air mattress at Pop and the single was okay, but the double was wedged between the foot of the bed and the wall. Because you have to move the table to put the air mattress where the table usually goes, I can't imagine where you'd fit a second single.

The only thing might be if your youngest is petite and could sleep on a narrow width thing, like a pool float, in lieu of an air mattress?
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

Look at the all star family suite. It is value located but moderate priced. lol. 2 bathrooms and separate sleeping space for 3 in the living room and a king bed in the bedroom. The reports from adults sleeping on the modular flipouts in the living room are okay, so unless you have 2 over six feet tall it should be okay.
pjhootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

for moderates there is only CBR - PO or CSR would only allow 1 in a regular standard room.

CBR's rooms is as big as AKL or WL rooms.

now you will have to deal with the fight over the real bed vs the smaller twin beds.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Reddy
Scrapbooker

isn't there a resort that had bunk beds??
then if 2 could share the real bed - not sure if OP is male or female so don't know if OP could share with DD or maybe younger DS or just add the air mattress to that room & make the kids take turns on the bunk beds & air mattress

I do know the values let rent a roll away bed but only one per room
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
mommysdb
Earning My Ears

Or, you could try FW cabins. 4 beds there at mod price.
mommysdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: