Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #46
Slbarkman
Slbarkman

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Somehow I thought I would get email alerts if there was activity on the board, so I hadn't checked back. We have early seating. Thanks for sharing the Duffy design. I have a couple of people on Esty working on designs to adapt the door number circle with the Duffy design. I will show my son what you came up with though.

-Sara
Slbarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #47
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi Sara, this thread is kind of quiet for now but I'm sure things will pick up and then you will be receiving those email alerts. As for myself I have been pre-occupied with both my parents in nursing homes. Dad has ALZ and mom broke her hip for the second time in less than 5 months.
I have a lot of legal business to deal with and I've been kind of out straight for the last month or so. That being said I booked my airfare with Southwest this morning and got a great deal with my RR points. Total cost of RT flights...$10.00,and I'll have enough for next years travel plans for three...Oh yeah, doing that happy dance right now.
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #48
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer

Solo to Duo

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd update my information. I am no longer going solo. I met an amazing guy and he loves Disney too. So we decided to go together. )

His name is Bram and is 24.

Ugh... younger guy... so have to get use to that!

Its not his first cruise, but still my first cruise. So excited!!!
tabbytrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #49
Mtherof5Mich
Earning My Ears

Hey guys, so whatever the reason may be, I got an email saying our rooms were changed from 5Es to 5Cs so our new room numbers are 7548 and 7550. Still can't wait! I also got my new purse for the cruise for Mother's Day. Saw one similar in Downtown Disney and just fell in love with it. A Minnie Mouse Harvey bag! We are as excited as ever!

Mtherof5Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
Mtherof5Mich
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytrekker View Post
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd update my information. I am no longer going solo. I met an amazing guy and he loves Disney too. So we decided to go together. )

Congrats, on your new guy! Can't wait to see you guys on the ship!

Mtherof5Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #51
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytrekker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtherof5Mich View Post
Hey guys, so whatever the reason may be, I got an email saying our rooms were changed from 5Es to 5Cs so our new room numbers are 7548 and 7550. Still can't wait! I also got my new purse for the cruise for Mother's Day. Saw one similar in Downtown Disney and just fell in love with it. A Minnie Mouse Harvey bag! We are as excited as ever!
Hi there, I've updated your info on the first page. Can you believe that we are almost at the 200 day mark?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #52
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Put down a deposit on our cabin!!! The past three years have been very trying so I am so happy for this cruise. Just wish it was more than four days, but I gotta start slow with hubby. Not to get into a lot of detail but for the past three and half years I have been unemployed and hubby for two years. We went on so many interviews but when they see us, they assume that because we look older than most folks interviewing they assume we are too old to do the job!! So we both decided to just file for Social Security and be done with it. Very, very frustrating. With no jobs that means no health benefits. Hubby finally qualified for the VA since he was in the Navy. Last November he went in for a general visit and had a PSA test done. The results indicated his level was up from 2.4 to 50 He went thru the usual tests and had a biopsy on his Prostrate and then the Lymph Nodes and on Feb 8, 2013 he was told it was Cancer. He has started on a hormone shot and a pill. Last PSA test the number was down to 25 So now they will monitor him and he will get the shot every six months. The thing we have learned is every man will pass with prostate cancer the trick is not to die from it. So men who are 40 or older.......just buck it up, bend over, grab your ankles and cough!!! In two years time it got that bad and surgery, radiation and chemo is not in the cards for my hubby. We have been married for almost 44 years and we will get thru this!!

tinker1bell----------Terry--63
hubby not on dis-------Hal--65
cabin----------8662
dining-----------late
celebrating---------Hal's first Disney cruise
FE-------don't want to overwhelm him yet
I am going to make a FE for us cause I want to surprise him with a few kookie things just from me.

Last edited by tinker1bell; 05-25-2013 at 08:10 PM.
tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #53
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
Put down a deposit on our cabin!!! The past three years have been very trying so I am so happy for this cruise. Just wish it was more than four days, but I gotta start slow with hubby. Not to get into a lot of detail but for the past three and half years I have been unemployed and hubby for two years. We went on so many interviews but when they see us, they assume that because we look older than most folks interviewing they assume we are too old to do the job!! So we both decided to just file for Social Security and be done with it. Very, very frustrating. With no jobs that means no health benefits. Hubby finally qualified for the VA since he was in the Navy. Last November he went in for a general visit and had a PSA test done. The results indicated his level was up from 2.4 to 50 He went thru the usual tests and had a biopsy on his Prostrate and then the Lymph Nodes and on Feb 8, 2013 he was told it was Cancer. He has started on a hormone shot and a pill. Last PSA test the number was down to 25 So now they will monitor him and he will get the shot every six months. The thing we have learned is every man will pass with prostate cancer the trick is not to die from it. So men who are 40 or older.......just buck it up, bend over, grab your ankles and cough!!! In two years time it got that bad and surgery, radiation and chemo is not in the cards for my hubby. We have been married for almost 44 years and we will get thru this!!

tinker1bell----------Terry--63
hubby not on dis-------Hal--65
cabin----------8662
dining-----------late
celebrating---------Hal's first Disney cruise
FE--------don't want to overwhelm him yet
I am going to make a FE for us cause I want to surprise him with a few kookie things just from me.

Hi Terry, so glad that you are now officially cruising with us. We're a small group so far but I'm sure the numbers will increase as we get closer. Happy to hear that your DH is doing well. My prayers are with you both. I hear you about the job market. My DD has been looking for work for over two years. She's suppose to be a vet tech and is now working the night shift at a local Honey Farms. I worry about her because another night employee in another HF was robbed and then shot in the face for no reason. I've added your info to the first page and one question. What is a champagne girl? I see it from time to time here on the DIS. I look forward to meeting you both. Love your picture BTW. Have a magical evening.
Linda
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #54
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Hi Terry, so glad that you are now officially cruising with us. We're a small group so far but I'm sure the numbers will increase as we get closer. Happy to hear that your DH is doing well. My prayers are with you both. I hear you about the job market. My DD has been looking for work for over two years. She's suppose to be a vet tech and is now working the night shift at a local Honey Farms. I worry about her because another night employee in another HF was robbed and then shot in the face for no reason. I've added your info to the first page and one question. What is a champagne girl? I see it from time to time here on the DIS. I look forward to meeting you both. Love your picture BTW. Have a magical evening.
Linda
The Champagne Girls are a group of girls who get together wearing pink, even boas and drink Champagne. On our 14 day WBTA there was about 35 of us!! It was such fun.

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #55
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi everyone, Thought I'd share a few of my favorite photos of the Dream with you for inspiration. The days are counting down.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #56
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I have not officially booked but will do so on Tuesday! Actually I making a change of my existing cruise on the Fantasy to this one. We live in Panama City Florida and it will be my birthday cruise. We are staying 2 nights at Kidani and 2 nights at Vero Beach and then the cruise. This will be my 10th cruise on Disney and I think my 35 or so cruise. I am debating on getting a balcony verses the Magical Port hole. I love the Magical Port hole but the view from the balcony is awesome! Will see if the offer Florida rates closer to time.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #57
wishes0813
Earning My Ears

First Cruise!!

Courtney (33) & Steve (36)
I am a Disney addict by birth, and have converted my family. My husband has wanted to go on a cruise for years, what could be better than combining the two?
FE-maybe, we want to learn more about it first.
See you real soon!
wishes0813 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #58
Crusin Melissa
Earning My Ears

Roll Call

Cuisin Melissa
Melissa (32), Alberto (32), Pearson (1)
West Palm Beach, FL
Dining Early
Celebrating our first cruise as a little family and almost 2y/o birthday (12/24)!
We are so excited and can't wait to participate in FE!
Crusin Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #59
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishes0813 View Post
Courtney (33) & Steve (36)
I am a Disney addict by birth, and have converted my family. My husband has wanted to go on a cruise for years, what could be better than combining the two?
FE-maybe, we want to learn more about it first.
See you real soon!
From one Disney addict to another,. Would you like to share any more info with us? Where are you from? Early or late dining? Are you celebrating anything special? (First cruise counts).Can't wait to meet everyone.

Last edited by shadowryter; 06-10-2013 at 07:06 PM.
shadowryter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #60
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusin Melissa View Post
Cuisin Melissa
Melissa (32), Alberto (32), Pearson (1)
West Palm Beach, FL
Dining Early
Celebrating our first cruise as a little family and almost 2y/o birthday (12/24)!
We are so excited and can't wait to participate in FE!
Melissa and family. Our little group is growing. Less than six months away and we'll be boarding the Dream. I'll update your info on the first post. Can't wait to meet you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: