Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #46
stargazer2892
Mouseketeer

I am stupidly picky about my lobster and will only eat it when I go back to ME to visit family. The poor tank lobsters that have been in the grocery store for who knows how long taste nothing like fresh lobsters, also I refuse to pay 14$+ a pound for the sad lobsters. My biggest thing about seafood is how fresh it is, growing up on the Maine Coast you get really spoiled and fresh seafood takes on a different meaning. Which means I rarley order it now and when I do I tend to stick to things like Salmon, and good sushi. Other then my weird lobster thing I won't eat shrimp (they remind me to much of grubs), any sort of crab, and crawfish, I'm not huge on mussels but will eat them, any seafood soup (besides clam chowder), or any sort of sea food "stuffing" in things like peppers.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #47
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I enjoy shrimp, deviled crab, lobster, clam chowder and some fish. I love Mahi Mahi and grilled Tilapia.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #48
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Anyways last weekend at Costco they were handing out samples of seaweed salad. My 6 year old vegetarian who likes almost everything and loves to try new foods wanted us to try it as she has been curious for awhile about "seafood". So I try it and immediatley realize how repulsive it is. It is all slimy and tastes incredibly fishy. I have never in my life tasted something this bad. There was no way I was going to get my small bite down without vommiting so I descretly turn away and spit it back out into the container. When I turn around my DD has a look of horror on her face and looks like she is about to cry. I told her it was Ok to spit it out this time so she did and matter of factly stated that she was never eating anything grown in the sea again. The terrible taste wouldn't leave my mouth so I searched in vain for another sample to rid my mouth of the awful fishiness. Of course all they had was meat and cheese samples Finalely just near the end of our trip by the checkout I managed to snag a sample of some dark chocolate.
I think it's okay - dd16 LOVED it when she was little, but now just thinks it's so-so. I eat all fish - there is nothing that I don't love (although I'm not a big fan of fried or breaded - except calamari, of course). Dd16 takes after me - loves all fish, raw clams, sushi, caviar - if it comes from the sea, it's yummy!
mjkacmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #49
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Oysters, Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, tuna. I had Swordfish the other day and was worried it would be too fishy but it was really good!
I almost forgot, I also very much enjoy Tobiko

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #50
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Not a big fan of salmon, but I like most other fish and the majority of shellfish as well.

Just made ahi tuna last night for the family (ironically, I picked it up at Costco )
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #51
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Everything and anything, as long as it is fresh.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #52
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsjax View Post
A little jealous. I bet your seafood is fantastic, fresh and from cold water. I love most seafood, but I like it in its pure form, as in I don't like any type of crab stuffing, or crab cakes. I would kill for some of your salmon. YUM.
I catch most of the fish we eat, and the rest is caught by friends. My friend caught a white king salmon last year (and I caught a regular king on the same trip). It was pretty neat--tasted like salmon, but for some reason the flesh looked like halibut.

Downside of lots of great fish and game is that our fruit is awful. I brought a cooler of fish down to relatives over Christmas, and on the flight back up, I packed it with tomatoes, peppers, avacados, pears, etc.
tasha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #53
michael61
Mouseketeer

Hay just put some samon on the grill add some lemon,salt and pepper and call me over.
michael61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #54
michael61
Mouseketeer

So the next time I go to Maine I will have to look up your family for fresh lobster,lol
michael61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: