Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
bentopher
Mouseketeer

I hate regret!! No ADR for BoG

Ugh, I'm so kicking myself for not making an ADR for Be Our Guest at the 180 days out mark.

I've made a change to our vacation which means we are staying only at one resort and have the dining plan now for the full week, and of course now (108 days out) it's completely full the week we are there.

Yes, I know I'll keep checking online every day, a couple times a day. But I just have a feeling it's not going to happen.

Just needed to vent.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Try the CS lunch at BOG!
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Good luck. Sending some ADR-availability pixie dust!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

We did the CS lunch and really enjoyed it!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Ugh, I'm so kicking myself for not making an ADR for Be Our Guest at the 180 days out mark.

I've made a change to our vacation which means we are staying only at one resort and have the dining plan now for the full week, and of course now (108 days out) it's completely full the week we are there.

Yes, I know I'll keep checking online every day, a couple times a day. But I just have a feeling it's not going to happen.

Just needed to vent.
I completely understand! We'll be there in May as well and I did not make a BOG ressie at 180 days either. I thought we would just do the CS lunch, but the more I read about it, I changed my mind and decided I wanted a dinner ressie instead. Of course, by that time, our week was booked solid. I just kept checking eveyday, and a few days ago ONE available dinner time popped up for our dates, so I grabbed it! So, keep checking!!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
bentopher
Mouseketeer

OOoh that is SOOO encouraging to hear! and congrats to you!

I keep checking days in July and Aug (since times pop up) just to make sure the system is working..

I am willing to entirely rearrange my itinerary if I can get an ADR. There's only one day I won't, and I'm not even going to look at that date cuz if it pops up I'll cry. That's the first Friday of Star Wars Weekend. We will be there super early and all day that I'm not going to leave HS to go to MK to eat. But otherwise that gives me 6 days to hope something shows up! Fingers and toes CROSSED!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Oh, and not that I'm opposed to lunch. But I'm a single mom going with 2 boys (5 and 6 years old), the thought of standing in line for 30+ min to eat lunch with 2 antsy kids is painful.. LOL

Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Don't give up. We didn't book our trip for May until the beginning of this month so we missed the 180 days to do ADRs. At first there was nothing for BOG but then I kept checking. I must have made and changed an ADR for them about 7 times until I finally got the perfect day and time for us just a couple days ago.

Just keep checking and my personal experience has been that around lunch time is when I see the most new ADRs pop up.

Good luck!
Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
lilyfrog73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Don't give up. We didn't book our trip for May until the beginning of this month so we missed the 180 days to do ADRs. At first there was nothing for BOG but then I kept checking. I must have made and changed an ADR for them about 7 times until I finally got the perfect day and time for us just a couple days ago.

Just keep checking and my personal experience has been that around lunch time is when I see the most new ADRs pop up.

Good luck!
Oh, that is so good to hear!! We just booked our trip for May last week as well and haven't been able to find an opening either. I will just keep checking!!! When is the best time to look??
lilyfrog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Good luck! I hope you get it!

What time can we begin booking our ADRs online?

Thank you very much.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Angeni11
Mouseketeer

Around 45 days out is a good time to check too as that is when people have to pay off packages and quite a few cancel.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeni11
Around 45 days out is a good time to check too as that is when people have to pay off packages and quite a few cancel.
Totally agree about checking at the 45 day mark.

Also, is there a cancellation thread for the month you are going? You could always stalk that as well in the hopes of catching a cancellation!

Good luck and don't give up just yet...I continuously checked the website and found one after about three weeks....just happened to get lucky early one Sunday morning! It can happen!!! Hope you snag one!
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
AuroraRora
Princess

I agree, keep checking the cancellations thread on the Dis too. People post that they have a resv for 3, will be cancelling it at 10 etc, and you can be on the phone at 10:05am to try and snap it up. Good luck!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

I just scored a BoG ressie for our trip and we are 59 days out. I have been trying on and off for the past week. It is earlier than we usually eat, but I am just happy I managed to get it!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Rosesq
Earning My Ears

We had dinner last night at BOG, without ADRs. We walked up at about 4:45 and they said they could seat us in 25 min. 5 minutes later our buzzer went off. A little early for the two of us to eat, but the meal was great and the castle well themed. The staff said they had a lot of cancellations. The fact that we were just a couple probably made it easier.
Rosesq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: