Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
kramerzoo
Mouseketeer

Akershus Royal Banque VS> Cindy's Royal Table

Hello...

I am planning our 10 year anniversary trip for this summer...and I can't make reservations until next month..so I have some time to decide...

I don't want to overwhelm my husband with both princess meals ...so which one do you prefer?
Which princesses do you get to meet at each one....Are they dressed in the same princess dresses?

Is Belle at either one of them??

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Jessica
kramerzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

We love Akershus. We never ate at CRT. We are eating there next month so I can then compare. We have read that the food is much better at Akershus. We ate there for lunch and loved the food. You start off by posing with Belle for a picture. Then the other princesses come to the table. We had Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella and Aurora. Enjoy!

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerzoo View Post
Hello...

I am planning our 10 year anniversary trip for this summer...and I can't make reservations until next month..so I have some time to decide...

I don't want to overwhelm my husband with both princess meals ...so which one do you prefer?
Which princesses do you get to meet at each one....Are they dressed in the same princess dresses?

Is Belle at either one of them??

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Jessica
We have eaten at both.

To answer your question, Belle is at both. At Akershus, Belle is the princess that you take your picture with when you enter vs. Cinderella at CRT. She is wearing her yellow dress (vs. her blue dress at CRT)

We ate at Akershus once, for lunch. That was enough. The food was pretty bad. Maybe we had an off day, but my meatballs were cold inside (dare I say, still frozen...) my DH complained that his chicken was "bland", this coming from the man with the most bland pallet I know....

My girls got hot dogs, which they could not finish. These girls had never met a hot dog they didn't like, until Akershus.

And CRT...well, we are having our 3rd meal there in April. Love the atmosphere...I mean, you're in the castle!!!
The food is decent, not amazing, but sooooo much better than Akerhsus in our experience.
And we LOVE the wishing ceremony!

Obviously, my choice would be CRT.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

We've eaten at both more than once. We far prefer Akershus. We weren't crazy about CRT the first time, but it's "the castle" so we gave it another chance. For us, CRT was just meh, nothing special other than the atmosphere so we don't go there anymore.

Regarding Akershus, we love it and look forward to eating dinner there each trip. We love the cold buffet that is offered before the entree. There's a variety of meats (turkey, ham, peel-n-eat shrimp, salmon), variety of salads (chicken salad, regular salad, etc), fruit, breads, cheeses, etc. Every entree we've ever eaten has been delicious (LOVE the mushroom pasta dish). It's a similar castle feel, same wonderful princesses, we've experienced better service here, and it's much cheaper than CRT (the photo package is included in the price just as it is at CRT).

The princesses we've seen at Akershus on the last two trips were Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, and Jasmine.

Last edited by disneybliss2; 01-25-2013 at 10:38 PM.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: