Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #76
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW

Besides what the PP has answered, some law enforcement officers are required to. Even if they travel.
Yes totally get that law enforcement may need it but didn't understand why a "regular citizen" would feel it necessary to bring to Disney of all places.

But hey, I'm Canadian - we don't get a lot of people here carrying guns . Law enforcement & the "bad guys" are the exception to that!!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #77
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Yes totally get that law enforcement may need it but didn't understand why a "regular citizen" would feel it necessary to bring to Disney of all places.

But hey, I'm Canadian - we don't get a lot of people here carrying guns . Law enforcement & the "bad guys" are the exception to that!!
Did you read my response to your question??? I never said he had any desire to have it in Disney however he does for the trip down when it is by car and just stores it in the safe while we are there. Oh and Canada sounds swell!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #78
jojomoore
DIS Veteran

As far as I know I have never had anything stolen but I do not leave cash or credit cards, camera equipment, or electronics in the room. We drive and will leave electronic items hidden in our car. We usually travel with no valuable jewelry either. Just figure we don't need to wear it in a theme park.

I would have completley freaked out and caused a seen if I had awoken to a stranger in my room though. Maybe you could rationalize a CM sneaking an extra blanket into a room in the quiet of the night if the blanket was ordered and the CM didn't want to disturb every one and the door was left unlocked. But, The shear fact that the door tried to open a second night meant that the blanket was not the reason the Cm was in the room to begin with. If I ordered an extra blanket I would expect a knock at the door. I would think a cm would not use a key to unlock a door that a family is sleeping in.

Maybe this is a reminder to lock the door, use the latch, and the DND sign each night.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #79
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy

Did you read my response to your question??? I never said he had any desire to have it in Disney however he does for the trip down when it is by car and just stores it in the safe while we are there. Oh and Canada sounds swell!
Sarcastic much?? Sheesh. No need to get all high horsey about it. We just don't honestly have people carrying guns around here. Unless they are hunting. So I was simply pointing out how surprised I was. No need to get all excited.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #80
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Never have. We have left things out in the open more than once too. Never cash though. I mean if you leave cash, mousekeeping may think it is a tip. We lock our cash in the safe, everything else is usually out. I know it isn't the best method of doing things, but so far we have been lucky.

We always have the security bar on our door, so we wouldn't wake up to a stranger in our room. That would really freak me out.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #81
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sarcastic much?? Sheesh. No need to get all high horsey about it. We just don't honestly have people carrying guns around here. Unless they are hunting. So I was simply pointing out how surprised I was. No need to get all excited.
Of course you are not especially being a member here on the DIS !! You are no stranger to the American gun culture especially in light of recent events and the world wide attention it is receiving.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #82
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy

Of course you are not especially being a member here on the DIS !! You are no stranger to the American gun culture especially in light of recent events and the world wide attention it is receiving.
Surprised that you would be allowed to have it in a resort. Although i do agree it would be more safe & sensible to have it in a safe rather than a car.

And yes, I am well aware of the tragedies in the US. But in all honesty, it is still always a surprise to hear when someone is carrying a gun. When you grow up in a country where guns are normally only carried daily by law enforcement - what do you expect? FTR, someone in my family owns a gun for hunting and it is still strange to me.

It is a cultural difference. Not a judgment call.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #83
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL, but you're a stockholder, right? So it's all coming right back to you?
It's the Circle of Life...!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #84
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Yes!

Our daughter had a small amount of cash ($36) stolen from her purse. We were staying CL at the time and had never worried about safety of valuables until that year.

She placed her purse on the safe in the closet and really didn't think anything of it. My husband and I didn't know she had left her wallet in the purse--thought she had placed the wallet in the safe along with our other valuables. She had removed her credit card, ID, pass and room key and placed them inside a camera case she was carrying. When we returned at the end of the day, and prior to leaving for the evening, she decided to take her bag with her. She opened the wallet to place her ID, etc. into it and the cash was gone.

While $36 isn't much money to lose, it was very dear to a poor college student. It was a good lesson for her though--you can never be too careful.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #85
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

No
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #86
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess
Our daughter had a small amount of cash ($36) stolen from her purse. We were staying CL at the time and had never worried about safety of valuables until that year.

She placed her purse on the safe in the closet and really didn't think anything of it. My husband and I didn't know she had left her wallet in the purse--thought she had placed the wallet in the safe along with our other valuables. She had removed her credit card, ID, pass and room key and placed them inside a camera case she was carrying. When we returned at the end of the day, and prior to leaving for the evening, she decided to take her bag with her. She opened the wallet to place her ID, etc. into it and the cash was gone.

While $36 isn't much money to lose, it was very dear to a poor college student. It was a good lesson for her though--you can never be too careful.
Cl does not mean safer. Maids are maids and probably hate us cl lovers more.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #87
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post

We can buy a bag of dog food for our dogs for ~$36. I'd say that's a a decent amount to lose!

9/7/14-9/14/14 "Oh God there's the Yeti" PTR

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #88
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post
Please take it PM... let's not get this thread shut down over something totally unrelated.

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #89
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post
Wow, relax.

Never had anything from my room stolen but did have lots of food go missing from my luggage by the time it was delivered to my room. Fairly certain that was TSA and not Disney.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
Old 01-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #90
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

Never had anything stolen on any vacation, WDW and elsewhere. We keep wallets and passports locked in the safe.
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: