Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #61
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy
Nope and I remember on our last trip we left for the day without closing the safe and it had cash , credit card and my husband’s gun in it..I have left expensive jewelry on the bathroom counter(forgot to put it back on) and our laptop lying out and never has anything gone missing I guess maybe we should be more careful but never really thought anyone would rip us off.
Ummmm why does your DH have a gun @ Disney??
Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #62
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I left the safe open one day with $500 and credit cards in it (no gun though, unlike a pp, lol). We knew they were coming to swap out the ac unit that day (we'd been told ahead of time) so when I realized that I had not even closed the safe, I was sure the safe would be empty. When we got back the room, the new ac unit was in and the safe was still open with everything in it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #63
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus

He always takes it with him when we travel by car and he has a concealed carry license so he can. Don't fret he does not carry into the parks are anywhere guns are prohibited.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #64
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy
He always takes it with him when we travel by car and he has a concealed carry license so he can. Don't fret he does not carry into the parks are anywhere guns are prohibited.
Are guns allowed at the resort?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #65
Phdmama06
DIS Veteran

No...

We've been in the unfortunate situation of FINDING unwanted objects in our hotel room immediately after check-in though. Let's just say the police had to get involved.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #66
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

I didn't know that some safes still use the keys . We have always had the safes that have the number key pad and you type in your own combination of 4 numbers to lock it.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #67
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdmama06 View Post
No...

We've been in the unfortunate situation of FINDING unwanted objects in our hotel room immediately after check-in though. Let's just say the police had to get involved.
Now that's a story I'd like to hear! Don't leave us hanging!

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #68
jj1403
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie

Now that's a story I'd like to hear! Don't leave us hanging!
Ditto!!
All Star Movies "Escaping the Frackin' Cold" Last Minute Vacation**February 2009!!
Offsite Villa***January 2011 WhooHoo!!
Art of Animation February 2013
We're back! Port Orleans March 2014 Onsite

Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #69
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeA

Are guns allowed at the resort?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
There are not any signs prohibiting it and he does not see any need to carry while on property but for traveling purposes he does like to have it. Just figure it is safer to keep it in safe and not in the car that is if your wife remembers to close and lock the safe when she is in a rush . The gun is not loaded while in the safe. I do know people who personally carry in the park who walk right through security with no problems.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #70
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Besides what the PP has answered, some law enforcement officers are required to. Even if they travel.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #71
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

We were there this past year and one of the kids that came with us had a bag with brand new socks taken on the one day that mousekeeping came to our DVC room. It was in December. We figured somebody got socks for Christmas. Honestly, if they were willing to take a kid's socks, they needed them more than we did. I would not feel that way if they took my laptop, camera, etc, but if somebody felt they needed to take socks for a kid, I can easily forgive that without a second thought.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #72
kpapiezjhbk7211
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita

Like someone else said, it probably got wrapped up in the sheets. It happened to my stuffed moose, and I, not being a child who can easily move on to the next stuffed animal, worked with lost & found and mousekeeping until my moose was found. The lost & found CM went to the laundry facility every day until he turned up. I'm forever thankful for them not giving up because I was a 23 year old crying about a stuffed moose That moose has been all over the real world and got lost at The World!
This happened to me too. I'm 31 but was 28 at the time. We were in rivera maya mexico for a wedding. I had brought my special blanket with me, and like you it had been all over the world! The second day the maid came in the morning like usual. We came back for a bit after she had been there and I got my blanket out of the suitcase and left it on the bed. Then we decided to go walk the beach. When we came back someone had been in the room for "turn down" service. The blanket was gone. They wouldn't do anything about it. I know she threw it out - it had seen better days! But still she had no right to touch anything. I spent the whole week in tears. I was so upset! The vacation was ruined.

I know it was a little off topic but I had to share!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #73
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
I didn't know that some safes still use the keys . We have always had the safes that have the number key pad and you type in your own combination of 4 numbers to lock it.
You've probably only stayed in deluxe resorts then, because as far as I know, all the values and moderates have ones with keys.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #74
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

You've probably only stayed in deluxe resorts then, because as far as I know, all the values and moderates have ones with keys.
AKL also uses the keys.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #75
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Besides what the PP has answered, some law enforcement officers are required to. Even if they travel.
DS-in-law is a City Cop in a town in PA. When they went with us he had his service gun with him. I didn't even know he had it along till he went to put it in the safe. He didn't take it into the parks. When we packed to leave the next day and go to a park one more time, I asked where he had put it. It was in my car. I was more worried about it being in there than in the safe at the hotel.

On DCL even LEOs can NOT have their guns onboard. They have to leave them in lockup at the Sheriffs office near Port. I think that's kind of dumb in this day & age when the new pirates are out there. I think my DS-in-law would feel naked on the cruise without his gun with him at least in the safe.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: