Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Why? All I can say is why?

This was in our local news. A 25 year old man is now in jail after admitting he beat his four month old daughter. The child was in the hospital with broken legs, broken ribs and bleeding on the brain.
He said the abuse began a month ago but he was scared to report injuries.
He stated it was out of frustration that he was experiencing marital problems and having trouble finding a job. I can understand that it's hard. Last year I was jobless when my son was only two weeks old. It did become stressful in my marriage as it lasted three months before I found a job but I just cannot imagine taking my frustration out violently, especially against my baby!
Another twist to the story is I know the father. His family was in my ward at church and I was actually his Sunday School teacher about 11 years ago. I'm actually FB friends with his brother still. The Detective who talked to the news article was actually in our ward too. It was all a weird twist seeing it on the news.
Just very tragic overall........thankfully they've said the baby will pull through and recover.
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
low-key
DIS Veteran

hey
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
whoopsiedoodle
Mouseketeer

Sad. We had a story here recently where the dad finally admitted (after MONTHS of investigation) that he did in fact kill his infant son out of anger. The baby was 4 months old and he was having issues...blah blah blah...violently lashed out and smacked the babies head on the dresser!? It's so sad that some people can't seem to deal with their issues and find a safe way to let out their anger. I'm glad the baby in your story will make a full recovery
whoopsiedoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

So sad, my heart and prayers go out to these innocent children. I'll never understand these types of heartbreaking tragedies.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
JessB320
DIS Veteran

So sad, of course it's horrible what the dad did, but where the heck was mom Over the last month?!?! She never noticed her baby was being beaten???
JessB320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320
So sad, of course it's horrible what the dad did, but where the heck was mom Over the last month?!?! She never noticed her baby was being beaten???
That's a very good question.......they never mentioned that in the report and I overlooked thinking that myself until you mentioned that. All they really said about her was she was home with a husband in jail and a baby in the hospital.
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
This is the first thing that I thought of. Why didn't she take her child someplace safe? Doesn't most towns have a shelter of some sort for abused children and women? I know of one near me and I live way out in the boonies.

I am so glad though to hear that this poor child will recover and be alright. I hope they put him away forever or at least a very long time. Too often these innocent babies do not survive.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

We've had two babies died from abuse stories on the local news in the past few weeks. One was a nanny with a history of violence and in the country illegally. The other was a mother's boyfriend. Both are terribly tragic.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

You will drive yourself mad trying to understand why. Sending prayers for the baby and your community.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
We had a similar story in our news the other day. The mother left a baby home with her boyfriend and knew he had a violent past.

She is also being prosecuted.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20...murder-charges

Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - June 2013

Last edited by Skip2MyLou; 01-27-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Add link
Skip2MyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

some people are such filth
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: