Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest Questions

I'd really like to go here next fall while on our Disney vacation. I've read that the wait Is nit short, and it's very crowded.... My daughter has T1D and so eating at about the same time each day, as well timing with her insulin is absolutely crucial.
I'd like to go at noon lunch ( or around that time)
Is the wait that long? I thought you could make advanced reservations? And, I was also thinking you went in, were seated, ordered and got your food?? Is this inaccurate information?
I'm pretty confused about this one!
Please help!
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

I haven't been yet, it was soft opening the last night we were there and just peaked in.But threads I have read said the line moves quickly and it opens at 10:30. It is a counter service for lunch so no ressies are taken. ( just for dinner). You order on a screen, then get your seat and they bring it to you. I would check closer to your trip and see how lines are, I am sure they will be long for many years to come..lol

I am sure someone who has gone will have more info for ya.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
siskaren
DIS Veteran

What's probably confusing you is the fact that it's a counter service restaurant at lunch (meaning no ADRs), and table service for dinner (which you would definitely need ADRs for). From what I've been reading, waits for lunch are rather long. Check out this post from easywdw.com for information on what lunch is like:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...13/#more-10421
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
akaler2010
Mouseketeer

We waited around an hour in early Jan. You do get your food within 5-8 minutes of ordering. It's really very quick. Even though it was only an hour wait, they were telling us 90 minutes, so don't trust the cast members by the line.
akaler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Here is the video from my lunch QS at BOG:
http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I

We got in line at 9:45am and there was already people waiting. We got in pretty quick when it opened at 10:30am. But you can see in the video how big the line got. It was well worth the wait. The food was really good.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
DEA
DIS Veteran

If you do the counter service version of the restaurant at lunchtime, I would suggest waiting until you sit down before you give your daughter her insulin (I'm a T1 diabetic as well). You will order at the kiosk, and then try to find a seat. They are pretty good about managing the crowd inside, so there will be a seat; you may have to look for a bit to find it, though. Servers will bring you your food in about 10-15 minutes from the time you sit down. Any bump in blood sugar from lunch will be taken care of by that bolus dose, in due time. If the timing isn't exact, it is much better, as you know, to be high temporarily than low. The wait in line outside at lunch can be pretty long, and I would not want to risk a bolus of insulin with the wait being indeterminate out there.

And, of course, by this fall, the place could be a little less crowded due to the novelty wearing off. I doubt it, but it could happen.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post
If you do the counter service version of the restaurant at lunchtime, I would suggest waiting until you sit down before you give your daughter her insulin (I'm a T1 diabetic as well). You will order at the kiosk, and then try to find a seat. They are pretty good about managing the crowd inside, so there will be a seat; you may have to look for a bit to find it, though. Servers will bring you your food in about 10-15 minutes from the time you sit down. Any bump in blood sugar from lunch will be taken care of by that bolus dose, in due time. If the timing isn't exact, it is much better, as you know, to be high temporarily than low. The wait in line outside at lunch can be pretty long, and I would not want to risk a bolus of insulin with the wait being indeterminate out there.

And, of course, by this fall, the place could be a little less crowded due to the novelty wearing off. I doubt it, but it could happen.
Check with your doctor, of course, but my endo has always said to wait until the food is actually in front of you before taking your insulin. You never know if there will be a delay in the kitchen, etc.

In early January we waited probably 25 minutes in line and another 5-10 for our food after ordering. This seems to fall right into the average reported wait time for BOG. If your daughter needs to eat around noon, I'd suggest getting in line around 11:15 or so. Even if the line looks long, it moves pretty quickly.

I know you and your daughter are new to the diagnosis, so also be aware that the heat, walking and excitement at WDW will very likely affect her blood sugar in ways you may not be used to at home. Plan to have extra snacks on hand for lows because they are bound to happen. I find I usually need to eat more carbs at Disney than I would at home because I burn them so quickly.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: