Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
lcpalmer
Earning My Ears

Discovet Atlantis

We have three boys (9,6, and 3). Would they enjoy this?
lcpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

I'm sure they would. They wouldn't be able to do the water slides. They have height restrictions. They could do the lazy river, the rapids river, the water play structure, the many pools, the beach and the aquarium.

Is it worth to pay that money if they can't do the water slides? In my opinion no, there are other places to go to swim at the beach or pool. My family enjoyed Blue Lagoon . It was a quick boat ride over to the private island. They had chairs set up on the beach, floats in the water, an area with water toys you could pay extra for, you could purchase snacks and lunch and see the dolphins and sea lions.

Another good place is either the Wyndham or Sheraton hotels. The Wyndham has a water slide at the pool. They both are on the beach.

Hope this helps.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

If you are talking about the "Discover Atlantis" excursion we found it to be the biggest waste of money and time. You go on a cheesy tour where they talk about how the glass sculptures cost millions and then you see the aquarium which was overrated and overpriced. We were back on the bus an hour later. Then again we are members to the NY Aquarium and visit the Maritime Center often so we may have a different perspective....

As PP mentioned the waterpark is a different story, your kids would love it. If it was me I would either spend the extra money for the waterpark or stay on the ship. Just my opinion, it all depends on what your family likes.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
BrennaM
Mouseketeer

I was disappointed in Atlantis myself. I found it to be a little run down and the washrooms were disgustingly dirty. We went during March break so we didn't do the water park because ALOT of cruises were in that day as well. That is something to consider if you are cruising during peak times.

We went back on the ship and the kids went on the Aquaduck instead seeing as it was fairly quiet due to everyone leaving for port adventures.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
~Walt Disney

2004 - Port Orleans - French Quarter | 2005 - Beach Club Resort | 2008 - Grand Gathering @ Animal Kingdom Villas | 2010 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise | 2012 - Disney Land & Sea - Animal Kingdom Villas & 5 day Bahama Cruise | 2012 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Alaskan Cruise | 2013 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise | Summer 2014 - Adventures By Disney - Ireland | Winter 2014 - Family New Years @ Animal Kingdom Villas | Summer 2015 - Disney Cruise - 12 Night Northern Europe Cruise
BrennaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: