Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

Fish Extender Exchange April 14, 2013

delete thread

Last edited by disneyluvrtink; 01-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.
disneyluvrtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrtink View Post
I'm going on my first cruise on April 14, 2013 on the Disney Dream!!! I think we should do a Fish Extender Exchange for this cruise. I looked for a thread already started, but I didn't see one, so I decided to make one!
If you don't know what a fish extender is, here is an explanation:
http://*****************/2012/03/13/...ruise-insider/
It's basically like a mailbox, where people leave little gifts throughout the cruise. Almost like a secret pal type of thing. If you do a google search, you can find a ton of information and pictures. If you don't want to make a FE, you can order a custom made one from Ebay. I've never done it, but I've read so much about them on here, and I think it would be fun for adults and kids! Everyone who signs up to participate, will give gifts to everyone else signed up. You can do a gift for the whole cabin, or each individual person, and you can give one gift for the whole cruise, or you can do a small gift each night. People give store bought items, or homemade items, and some give gifts that are unique to wherever they are from. If you sign up, it would be nice to add a tag saying who it is from (at least your disboard name).

The deadline to sign up will be March 20th, so that everyone has time to get their gifts together/made.

If you would like to sign up, you can PM me or reply to this thread. Once the deadline is here, I will put everyones information together and send an email to everyone participating. I hope everyone joins in on the fun!!

What info I need (PM or reply to thread):
your email address (so I can email you the finished list, I promise I won't
sell it lol)
Disboard username
cabin number if you have it yet
family last name (just in case anybody does a personalized gift)
first names and ages of everyone in the group and their gender
any special cruise celebrations
any allergies food or others
everyones 3 favorite characters and colors.
Let's get this party started!!!
There is a thread already started for this cruise:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44679527

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

delete

Emmy

Last edited by disneyluvrtink; 01-25-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrtink
That's for the cruise not the fish extender. Its 2 different threads.
Typically the FE discussion takes place on the meet thread, not on the main cruise board.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

delete

Emmy

Last edited by disneyluvrtink; 01-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
All the ones I saw under the thread with all the cruise dates had two separate threads.
Usually you discuss it within the cruise thread. Then if you have additional links regarding the group or FE, you list them in the thread so everyone has access to the information. I have organized two and participated in four and that's fairly standard. Good luck and have a good cruise.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going on my first cruise on April 14, 2013 on the Disney Dream!!! I think we should do a Fish Extender Exchange for this cruise. I looked for a thread already started, but I didn't see one, so I decided to make one!
If you don't know what a fish extender is, here is an explanation:
http://*****************/2012/03/13/...ruise-insider/
It's basically like a mailbox, where people leave little gifts throughout the cruise. Almost like a secret pal type of thing. If you do a google search, you can find a ton of information and pictures. If you don't want to make a FE, you can order a custom made one from Ebay. I've never done it, but I've read so much about them on here, and I think it would be fun for adults and kids! Everyone who signs up to participate, will give gifts to everyone else signed up. You can do a gift for the whole cabin, or each individual person, and you can give one gift for the whole cruise, or you can do a small gift each night. People give store bought items, or homemade items, and some give gifts that are unique to wherever they are from. If you sign up, it would be nice to add a tag saying who it is from (at least your disboard name).

The deadline to sign up will be March 20th, so that everyone has time to get their gifts together/made.

If you would like to sign up, you can PM me or reply to this thread. Once the deadline is here, I will put everyones information together and send an email to everyone participating. I hope everyone joins in on the fun!!

What info I need (PM or reply to thread):
your email address (so I can email you the finished list, I promise I won't
sell it lol)
Disboard username
cabin number if you have it yet
family last name (just in case anybody does a personalized gift)
first names and ages of everyone in the group and their gender
any special cruise celebrations
any allergies food or others
everyones 3 favorite characters and colors.
Let's get this party started!!!
Not only is your FE info link to a banned website, but this post doesn't belong in the main forum. There is an entire separate forum for threads related to cruise meets, whether or not your FE thread is separate or not.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
All the ones I saw under the thread with all the cruise dates had two separate threads.
Really? On some larger cruises, maybe. That's not the norm tho. I've been on 7 cruises & have 3 coming up and have participated in the FE in 9 of them, with my spouse being the list "keeper."

I'm not trying to tell u what to do, however, posting on your cruise meet thread is how you'll increase participation because its a place where all of you that are booked will look. Meghatron is correct; this doesn't belong here and more than likely one of the mods will move your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

delete

Emmy

Last edited by disneyluvrtink; 01-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: