Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I think you will love staying on site for 4 days, I love it, one of my favorite things to do, you can't go wrong with that plan.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the vote of confidence Aviator. Looking forward to it!
No user names left is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #18
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Hi again everyone! We since decided to stay at Universal, with 2 connecting rooms, and got good APH rates (we can pick the annual pass up there, by the way where is "the kiosk" to get it, it doesn't say on-line? Can we get it at the hotel? We will order it on the Universal site). I came across this review on Tripadvisor, which seemed the opposite to what we were thinking, i.e. that our 16 year old would love the pool and especially the Hardrock pool. Appreciate every family is different. Just can't understand (from comments on Disboards) that a 16 year old would be bored at the pool? Why can't a 16 year old use the slide?? Thank you all again.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserRe...ECK_RATES_CONT
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #19
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No user names left View Post
Hi again everyone! We since decided to stay at Universal, with 2 connecting rooms, and got good APH rates (we can pick the annual pass up there, by the way where is "the kiosk" to get it, it doesn't say on-line? Can we get it at the hotel? We will order it on the Universal site). I came across this review on Tripadvisor, which seemed the opposite to what we were thinking, i.e. that our 16 year old would love the pool and especially the Hardrock pool. Appreciate every family is different. Just can't understand (from comments on Disboards) that a 16 year old would be bored at the pool? Why can't a 16 year old use the slide?? Thank you all again.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserRe...ECK_RATES_CONT
There is a ticket kiosk at the hotel where you can pick up your AP. Your 16 year old should have lots of fun at the hotel. Sounds like the kids in the review just figured they were too old for the slide as in it was just too kiddie for their tastes. Everyone can use the slide. There are lots of activities at the pool as well. THere is generally a volleyball game going on that they can take part in. It very much depends on what kind of kid your 16 year old is.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
There is a ticket kiosk at the hotel where you can pick up your AP. Your 16 year old should have lots of fun at the hotel. Sounds like the kids in the review just figured they were too old for the slide as in it was just too kiddie for their tastes. Everyone can use the slide. There are lots of activities at the pool as well. THere is generally a volleyball game going on that they can take part in. It very much depends on what kind of kid your 16 year old is.
Thanks Damo. Our 16 year old is triply a child, teen and adult!! We actually decided to stay the entire week given we holiday every 2 years and his birthday, so when I saw that review (about the pool) it was "What???!!!". He would love the volleyball. Thanks also for the kiosk info. Assumed we had to go to the park gates first so you saved us a trip.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

RPR is beautiful. I wish we had more then 1 night there!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #22
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

We will only stay at RPR, it's are home away from home. We return again tomorrow.

One thing to remember no matter which hotel you stay at onsite you can pool and resort hop. We always make it a point to pool hop to HRH to swim and eat lunch poolside. Yes, we all use the slide, it's fun, no matter the age.

The poolside activities at RPR and HRH are great. My son loves them and usually makes friends during our stay. You will have a blast.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #23
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Thanks for both of your comments - all things considered, RPH came out tops! Have a great holiday Bluer!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
labfan
Mouseketeer

Nice to hear you were able to make it work with staying onsite. We'll be there in June and can't wait. I think all your kids will have a great time.
labfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We will be at Universal the 1st week of May (and the 2nd week) and are looking for recommendations for 2 restaurants please, I did read a good chunk of the food/restaurant sticky, the excitement is building! The children eat absolutely anything, so for all you foodies, where would you pick if you only had one choice?!
(1) For the day of our son's 16th birthday - Am thinking Mythos there are reservations available that day. Any special table please?
(2) One other day on Citywalk?

Have you any other 'top tips' in the park/area for that birthday day please - besides a world class theme park and a top restaurant???!!!

Just as an aside, our 14 day unlimited admission tickets, with park-to-park access, are ¬109/$142 for adults and ¬99/$129 for children. Purchased thru the Aer Lingus site. Seems a great price.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Hi everyone! We will be at Universal the 1st week of May (and the 2nd week) and are looking for recommendations for 2 restaurants please, I did read a good chunk of the food/restaurant sticky, the excitement is building! The children eat absolutely anything, so for all you foodies, where would you pick if you only had one choice?!
(1) For the day of our son's 16th birthday - Am thinking Mythos there are reservations available that day. Any special table please?

Have you any other 'top tips' in the park/area for that birthday day please - besides a world class theme park and a top restaurant???!!!

Just as an aside, our 14 day unlimited admission tickets, with park-to-park access, are ¬109/$142 for adults and ¬99/$129 for children. Purchased thru the Aer Lingus site. Seems a great price.
There are a few themed restaurants that he might find special. The Nascar Cafe and NBA City might interest a sixteen year old (although if you aren't American those might not be that interesting). NBA City has very good food. Nascar isn't as highly recommended.

Margaritaville is always fun and a hit with kids.

A seat by the window at Mythos is nice as you can look out over the lagoon and watch the Hulk and Dr. Doom.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #27
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Quote:
There are a few themed restaurants that he might find special. The Nascar Cafe and NBA City might interest a sixteen year old (although if you aren't American those might not be that interesting). NBA City has very good food. Nascar isn't as highly recommended.

Margaritaville is always fun and a hit with kids.

A seat by the window at Mythos is nice as you can look out over the lagoon and watch the Hulk and Dr. Doom.
Thanks so much for your prompt reply Damo.

That's funny about the themed restaurants not registering with us - you are exactly right!! We'll go with the good food and 'When in Rome.....' (!).

Will ask for window seat at Mythos. Thanks for that.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Thanks so much for your prompt reply Damo.

That's funny about the themed restaurants not registering with us - you are exactly right!! We'll go with the good food and 'When in Rome.....' (!).

Will ask for window seat at Mythos. Thanks for that.
Make sure you ask for a water window seat as the are other window seats that have no view of the water at all.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #29
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:

pick up the birthday button/pin for your son to wear in the parks that day.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #30
No user names left
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Make sure you ask for a water window seat as the are other window seats that have no view of the water at all.
Thank you for that tip. Will enter it on the box in the reservation request. The park is open til 7pm that day and all times are available up to, and including 4pm. Will let you know how we get on. Much appreciated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: