Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmom03 View Post
Any advice for transferring an already booked cruise (over a year away) to one booked on board, can this be done to get the on board credit? I would cancel before our cruise next month, but I really like the rooms we picked out, don't want to lose them!

Also, do you have to book a cruise on the same ship that you are on?
I've done that too. Don't cancel it. Just bring the printout to the future cruise desk. They'll re-shop it for you and give you a new price. Keep in mind if you have a TA on that res, they won't touch it. Also the discount is taken off then-current pricing. So you would know by looking online right before you leave if the price has gone up for your category.

When the Dream first entered service we were booked for a March cruise. In mid-Feb, we moved a different dummy date to Sept on the Dream. Later, friends decided to join us for Sept. I planned to rebook their Sept cruise to get them the discount/OBC while we were on our March cruise. By the end of Feb, their cabin went up another $900! Unbelieveable for a 3 nt cruise during school & in peak hurricane season. I knew before we left for our March cruise that there was no point in trying to rebook for them.

ETA: You can book any other DCL ship while onboard.

Last edited by ruadisneyfan2; 01-27-2013 at 12:11 AM.
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I've done that too. Don't cancel it. Just bring the printout to the future cruise desk. They'll re-shop it for you and give you a new price. Keep in mind if you have a TA on that res, they won't touch it. Also the discount is taken off then-current pricing. So you would know by looking online right before you leave if the price has gone up for your category.

When the Dream first entered service we were booked for a March cruise. In mid-Feb, we moved a different dummy date to Sept on the Dream. Later, friends decided to join us for Sept. I planned to rebook their Sept cruise to get them the discount/OBC while we were on our March cruise. By the end of Feb, their cabin went up another $900! Unbelieveable for a 3 nt cruise during school & in peak hurricane season. I knew before we left for our March cruise that there was no point in trying to rebook for them.

ETA: You can book any other DCL ship while onboard.
Thanks for the info! I will be sure to bring a printout of our booked cruise with us, and I'll double check the prices before we leave. I'm not expecting that the price would go up too much, it'll still be about 14 months out...I can hope anyways!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
SJMommy
Mouseketeer

GREAT INFO EVERYONE!! THANKS!!
SJMommy is offline   Reply With Quote