DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

I just loved my DVC membership a little more

Just for giggles, I went on the WDW website and looked what a two bedroom Std Kidani room costs the first night of our December trip. (12/22/13)

$1,431.00

Makes me feel much better for paying almost that exact amount for our dues this year.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

I cannot imagine a regular person paying rack rate for that a night.. Maybe.. .. I guess..

Even so the 45% off room only is still.. 800+ per night.. but something I think someone (not a billionair) would pay for a trip...

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
I cannot imagine a regular person paying rack rate for that a night.
I think you'd be surprised. For our first WDW trip, I went to the web site and took the package price they offered without questioning it. I've learned a lot more in the years since, and wouldn't think about ever paying that full amount again. But not everyone who goes to WDW has found the DIS yet. (Poor them.)
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
Just for giggles, I went on the WDW website and looked what a two bedroom Std Kidani room costs the first night of our December trip. (12/22/13)
$1,431.00
Makes me feel much better for paying almost that exact amount for our dues this year.
You want more giggles, take a peak at the rates for a GV!

We've hosted 3 fabulous, 5 - 6 days family reunions at various OKW GV's and let me tell you, were I not sold on DVC when I bought (truly not the case), the 1st GV stay sealed the deal for me! One of the best decisions I made for our family and friends!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
Tink10
Always Lurking!
The cooler people just kill me

Quote:

$1,431.00

Lol...I do that all the time when I have a DVC stay coming up

It always puts a smile on my face
Oct 2015 - BWV
Tink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!

Oh yeah! I know how you feel! People always laugh be cause we don't have children so why in the world would we own a Disney timeshare. Then I ask them how much they pay for a regular room and sit back and watch their faces. Priceless!

DISNEYDUET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Talking Wow, what are family is saving

BabsBunny,
I went into to see what my Dec 1-8,2013 trip would cost , 3 Adults at AKV -Jambo House Deluxe Studio -Standard View =$3079.16 . That's over 2 1/2 years of payments to DVC.

It was more than what I thought it would be(OUCH). I can't believe someone would pay that price.

I love that we have are little slice of heaven, with out all the stress of what Resort to stay at ,and wondering if its good enough for everyone.

by the way, I leave this Monday back to WDW

tigger2ntinkerbell

Last edited by Tigger2ntinkerbell; 01-25-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Inspired by the OP I just priced out our recent and upcoming stays. Our recent trip was in an OKW GV and our next trip is split between a BWV Standard Studio and a BWV GV. The points cost was 896 points. The cash cost, if booking through CRO with no discounts would be...drumroll please...

$22,840!

Of course without DVC I would not be booking a GV, but that is the beauty of the membership, isn't it?
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink10 View Post
Lol...I do that all the time when I have a DVC stay coming up

It always puts a smile on my face
I love doing this, too!

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your replies.

I see so many negative threads on here. Personally, I'm happy we bought in and try not to take these nice accommodations for granted.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
psac
DIS Veteran

Totally agree. We're in a funny stage where we're not ready to add on yet, but only have enough points to go once per year, and lately we've been going twice. We keep kicking ourselves with the cash bookings, even though we've gotten good discounts (like 35% off from AP), it's still money that could go towards another resale buy. We don't know if we'll keep going twice a year, though. And when we do book cash, we book a regular club room, not a 1BR, so it's not as expensive... and not as roomy!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Totally agree. We're in a funny stage where we're not ready to add on yet, but only have enough points to go once per year, and lately we've been going twice. We keep kicking ourselves with the cash bookings, even though we've gotten good discounts (like 35% off from AP), it's still money that could go towards another resale buy. We don't know if we'll keep going twice a year, though. And when we do book cash, we book a regular club room, not a 1BR, so it's not as expensive... and not as roomy!!!
I hear you, psac. We started with a 160 pt contract and then add 100 more in early 2011 while we were on the Dream. My husband and I have become spoiled with our one bedroom villas. Our kids are at the age where school/work conflicts get in the way of family trips -- plus they haven't been gung ho about vacations with mom and dad. So that means DH and I have been escaping a few nights twice a year over the last two years.

But the cool thing is that it's so flexible. After our three night trip to BWV in a couple weeks, we won't go again until Christmas when all four of us will go.

The only negative about our add on is when the bill for dues comes in the mail. It's a little painful writing that $1400+ check.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #13
TotallyADiz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
instead of paying cash you should look into renting points. That would probably save you a bunch over the cash price everytime you decide you want to go that "2nd time" in a year. Do that until you're ready to add on pts. Enjoy your trip home!
TotallyADiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
TotallyADiz
Earning My Ears

just priced my upcoming stay at BL in a 2brVilla, $9700!
TotallyADiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #15
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
I hear you, psac. We started with a 160 pt contract and then add 100 more in early 2011 while we were on the Dream. My husband and I have become spoiled with our one bedroom villas. Our kids are at the age where school/work conflicts get in the way of family trips -- plus they haven't been gung ho about vacations with mom and dad. So that means DH and I have been escaping a few nights twice a year over the last two years.

But the cool thing is that it's so flexible. After our three night trip to BWV in a couple weeks, we won't go again until Christmas when all four of us will go.

The only negative about our add on is when the bill for dues comes in the mail. It's a little painful writing that $1400+ check.
Have you considered going on the monthly payment plan? Since you're writing a check and not using a credit card, from what you wrote, why give Disney all your money up front when you can spread it out over the full year?
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: