Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #526
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
LOL it's not weird! Chocolate milk, low fat or otherwise is a perfect recovery drink - I know body builders that do it and I love it
it's always been my little "reward." i did see an ad that had a runner who did the same. i realized that maybe i wasn't so weird. lol!

if Backlot Express is open, they show Nestle chocolate milk on their menu. CS tends to have them. with a cart, it might be harder to find it. if i can't have it, i'll live. but it sure would be nice to find some!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #527
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
it's always been my little "reward." i did see an ad that had a runner who did the same. i realized that maybe i wasn't so weird. lol!

if Backlot Express is open, they show Nestle chocolate milk on their menu. CS tends to have them. with a cart, it might be harder to find it. if i can't have it, i'll live. but it sure would be nice to find some!
You can always pack some in your checked bag, too! That's what I did for Princess, packed a shelf-stable single serve box. Maybe in a little cooler to keep it chilled? (I didn't need to do that at Princess, but early Oct. is another story...)

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #528
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I would bring the choc milk with me. I have a feeling that quik might taste like chocolate milk but probably isn't quite the same. . Just get a little cooler bag in your gear bag to check?

And now I have a list started of "things hubby and son can be sure to bring for me".

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #529
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i'm hoping not to check a bag. i just figured i'd send things with my family instead. i don't know that i can handle lukewarm milk though. i like my cold things COLD.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
Old 04-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #530
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i'm hoping not to check a bag. i just figured i'd send things with my family instead. i don't know that i can handle lukewarm milk though. i like my cold things COLD.
We have an Igloo brand cooler backpack called the MaxCold. Bought it at Target for about $20. Put some frozen waters in there, put in the chocolate milk, and while I've never done that exact combo I bet it would still be nice and cold.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #531
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
We have an Igloo brand cooler backpack called the MaxCold. Bought it at Target for about $20. Put some frozen waters in there, put in the chocolate milk, and while I've never done that exact combo I bet it would still be nice and cold.
i will try this!

Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #532
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Thanks! That gives a good idea of where AP rates may be headed.
You probably know this, and maybe it was mentioned in the thread, but wanted to mention that it was booked as a package, just without tickets or dining. Because we didn't order tickets, the CM said she was putting in a round of minigolf for each of us; maybe that's the way they create the "package"? She said if we called later and added tickets, the minigolf would be taken off.

So it was $200 down with the rest to pay 45 days out. It'll be our first package; we've only used our DVC points or done room-only reservations so far. A new experience.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #533
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Well, I broke down and registered for something outside my comfort zone. A color run! Why is it that the 10miler seems less threatening to me. It won't be until July, so I have some time to get use to the idea.

BTW, Bumbershoot it is in Tacoma
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #534
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Well, I broke down and registered for something outside my comfort zone. A color run! Why is it that the 10miler seems less threatening to me. It won't be until July, so I have some time to get use to the idea.

Yeah!!!
I know that you like to get good times. Just remember, from what I hear, this is more of a fun walk. My first one is May 11.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #535
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
Yeah!!!
I know that you like to get good times. Just remember, from what I hear, this is more of a fun walk. My first one is May 11.
I know... I am strange. I am fine running a race alone... but this getting color spit at me freaks me out a tad. I am urging my dh to sign up so I wont be alone... and yes... I am prepared to crawl if I have to just to survive. Besides... I am not even certain it is timed.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #536
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know... I am strange. I am fine running a race alone... but this getting color spit at me freaks me out a tad. I am urging my dh to sign up so I wont be alone... and yes... I am prepared to crawl if I have to just to survive. Besides... I am not even certain it is timed.
I don't think it's timed. There are 5 of us going. We are the Rainbow Rally Gals from Pa. We plan on strolling. Maybe twirling. I want to come out colorful!
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #537
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
I don't think it's timed. There are 5 of us going. We are the Rainbow Rally Gals from Pa. We plan on strolling. Maybe twirling. I want to come out colorful!
I may fall down if I do that... you may have the "never to old" screen name... but seriously... I may be the one that is too old for this. but I am going to try and be brave.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #538
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Color Me Rad (similar) was not timed. most people were walking. and it was a lot of fun! just enjoy it!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #539
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had seen that the other day, but it seems like it's *powdered* color being blown at you? Or is it splattered paint? The powder would scare me, since my lungs are touchy.

I also looked at the electric run in Puyallup; while looking at the site I was thinking "hmm", and then in the FAQs it actually addresses the questions about "hmm, is this a rave?" OK it doesn't say it just like that, but in my imagination it did.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #540
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

I had seen that the other day, but it seems like it's *powdered* color being blown at you? Or is it splattered paint? The powder would scare me, since my lungs are touchy.

I also looked at the electric run in Puyallup; while looking at the site I was thinking "hmm", and then in the FAQs it actually addresses the questions about "hmm, is this a rave?" OK it doesn't say it just like that, but in my imagination it did.

yup...it is the cornstarch stuff... and I too worry bout my lungs a bit.

AND... I saw the electric run in puyallup too and was all excited and then thought is it a rave?

The very first 10k I ran has its annual race the very next day. I figure it would be better for me to go to that rather than stay up late doing?? Of course, they do say it is kid friendly....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: