Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #496
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post

I am doing the color run at the beginning of May with friends. We plan to walk and enjoy it. This our first time. Do you have any tips or advice?
Have fun!! It is not a stressful race at all. I will say to close your mouth when you are going through the color bomb areas. I did that and held my breath. Also, try to alternate sides--run through one color on the left and then the next on the right. Raise your arms so you get color on that part of your shirt too. A friend of mine twirled through the color bomb areas so she'd get color all over.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #497
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post

Have fun!! It is not a stressful race at all. I will say to close your mouth when you are going through the color bomb areas. I did that and held my breath. Also, try to alternate sides--run through one color on the left and then the next on the right. Raise your arms so you get color on that part of your shirt too. A friend of mine twirled through the color bomb areas so she'd get color all over.
Twirling sounds like fun! Forgot to ask if you picked up your stuff the day of the event. We need to pick up that day due to the distance we are traveling. Just wondering if they were organized or if t took along time to get through the lines.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #498
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post
So am I the only newbie to running? I'm still waiting for rundisney to post a 2013 training guide for TOT I would have started with the 5k but I'm not a morning person, lol.
As an alternative to the TOT training schedule, here's a link to one that I'm following for a 10 miler in May if you want to use it as a guide. Maybe redo it on a spreadsheet with the dates you want? At the bottom of the page click on "Download The Training Schedule here".

http://www.mountaingoatrun.com/index...-run-schedule/

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Please share with the class how you did!!

Last edited by Weluvdisny; 04-12-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #499
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Just having a random moment - when details first came out was this event on the Friday night rather than the Saturday? It won't change again will it?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #500
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Just having a random moment - when details first came out was this event on the Friday night rather than the Saturday? It won't change again will it?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Last year I am pretty sure it was on a Saturday right from the start. It was in September rather than October .... And I think the plan for this year was for it to again be the last weekend in September, but it did get moved.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #501
onlyafigment
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyafigment View Post
If I'm using DVC points from a friend, can I still use the discount code previously mentioned to get $10 off?
Can anyone help with this question, ideally I want to register today?
onlyafigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #502
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyafigment View Post

Can anyone help with this question, ideally I want to register today?
Yes, I believe so.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #503
moonlitelace
Mouseketeer

Thank you I'll try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
As an alternative to the TOT training schedule, here's a link to one that I'm following for a 10 miler in May if you want to use it as a guide. Maybe redo it on a spreadsheet with the dates you want? At the bottom of the page click on "Download The Training Schedule here".

http://www.mountaingoatrun.com/index...-run-schedule/

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Please share with the class how you did!!
moonlitelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #504
onlyafigment
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
Yes, I believe so.
Yes you can help, or yes I can use the code?
onlyafigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #505
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

I registered for the ToT 10 Miler a few months ago! It will be my first runDisney race. I did a few 5Ks in high school. Then since November 2012 I have run five 5Ks, including one this morning! My pace today was 10:36.

I'm looking forward to it since a) ToT is one of my favorite attractions, and b) I like that the race is at night so I don't have to wake up super early. However, during my run this morning I was thinking, how on earth am I going to run 10 miles straight?!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #506
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
Twirling sounds like fun! Forgot to ask if you picked up your stuff the day of the event. We need to pick up that day due to the distance we are traveling. Just wondering if they were organized or if t took along time to get through the lines.
i didn't because it was local. mine was the Color Me Rad run (essentially the same thing). but they did have a set-up for packet pick-up there.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #507
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post

i didn't because it was local. mine was the Color Me Rad run (essentially the same thing). but they did have a set-up for packet pick-up there.
Thanks
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #508
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

For the Color Run - there was a large packet pick up area. It was a very informal start as it is not a timed event. There is not even a clock on the run. They let people go in waves so as not to overwhelm the color blasters...many of whom where children at our run. We still had people arriving yet to run or even park when we left...and we were in about the 5th or 6th wave.

Be sure to bring a change of shirts and a towel to sit on or a change of pants/shorts for the ride home. Otherwise you might never get the stuff out of your car! Also we brought a pack of baby wipes. This got pretty much all of the loose powder off of us. We still had some on our hands from where we released our packs of powder but that came off in the shower later.

Another tip...a bandana. I used mine on my hair. Others used theirs outlaw style to cover their nose and mouth. Let's just say it was disconcerting to blow my nose later and have it come out teal.

But it was a fun event.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #509
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
For the Color Run - there was a large packet pick up area. It was a very informal start as it is not a timed event. There is not even a clock on the run. They let people go in waves so as not to overwhelm the color blasters...many of whom where children at our run. We still had people arriving yet to run or even park when we left...and we were in about the 5th or 6th wave.

Be sure to bring a change of shirts and a towel to sit on or a change of pants/shorts for the ride home. Otherwise you might never get the stuff out of your car! Also we brought a pack of baby wipes. This got pretty much all of the loose powder off of us. We still had some on our hands from where we released our packs of powder but that came off in the shower later.

Another tip...a bandana. I used mine on my hair. Others used theirs outlaw style to cover their nose and mouth. Let's just say it was disconcerting to blow my nose later and have it come out teal.

But it was a fun event.
Thanks for the tips, especially the bandana one. You painted a nice visual picture that has me laughing : )
Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #510
rigsfhdgnv
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Cyan View Post
Hi!! I've started training...well i've been running for the past 9 months but 6 weeks I started from scratch basically with Hal Higdon's 5K program. I plan to continue on to his spring training plan, I found it to be the most in line with how quickly I want to add mileage and spacing things perfectly for the race!

Does anyone use Nike plus or Daily Mile? I am so lonely training by myself! Would love some virtual training buddies!
I'm also on dailymile! I'm Tiffany W. and my pic is me running in a grey top and blue capris. Anyone can add me, also.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: