Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #481
Light Cyan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
freepixie-Great job on your training! Sounds like you're right on track.

I have a 5k this Sunday, a 5k on 5/4 (Color Me Rad, I'm so excited!) and a hilly 10 miler (Mountain Goat Run) on 5/5. Oh, and I'm attemping a sprint triathlon this summer.

Anyone else have races coming up?
I also have a 5k (my first) coming up 5/4!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #482
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Can someone tell me more about the Villains Hollywood Bash after party? i.e. what's included in the price in terms of food, drink, or anything else...

Also, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the runner's information when just booking Bash tickets online - is there something I would need to produce on the night, or is just the Bash ticket all I need? Don't want to get stranded on my own either outside the park or not able to get on a bus if I don't have everything I need with me!!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #483
runningforit
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Can someone tell me more about the Villains Hollywood Bash after party? i.e. what's included in the price in terms of food, drink, or anything else...
Nothing like that - It is just like admission to the park any other time. There are really no freebies in terms of food/drink/etc.

With that said - It's still a blast.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #484
meryll83

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningforit View Post

Nothing like that - It is just like admission to the park any other time. There are really no freebies in terms of food/drink/etc.

With that said - It's still a blast.
That's a shame, I thought with it being a similar price to say MNSSHP there'd be some freebies to be had!
Is the park fully open, e.g. are the restaurants or counter service venues etc. still open as well as the rides?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #485
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Cyan View Post
Hi!! I've started training...well i've been running for the past 9 months but 6 weeks I started from scratch basically with Hal Higdon's 5K program. I plan to continue on to his spring training plan, I found it to be the most in line with how quickly I want to add mileage and spacing things perfectly for the race!

Does anyone use Nike plus or Daily Mile? I am so lonely training by myself! Would love some virtual training buddies!
I'm on Dailymile!! You can add me, I'm Barbie L, and the pic is me dressed up as Minnie, it is my finisher pic from last year's TOT 10 miler!! Anyone on here can add me

Quote:
Good luck!! Have fun!!!

Quote:

Also, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the runner's information when just booking Bash tickets online - is there something I would need to produce on the night, or is just the Bash ticket all I need? Don't want to get stranded on my own either outside the park or not able to get on a bus if I don't have everything I need with me!!
No, no extras, most of the rides are open and a lot of the food places too (counter service, I don't think any sit-down places were open). They have DJ's playing music Extra characters out for meet and greets. Most of the rides open, but none of the shows other than I think Muppetvision was playing.

It was a lot of fun, but unfortunately I had to leave early cause I was one of the masses who puked that night LOL!! My goal this year for the party is I'm not going to ride anything, just enjoy the party and get some pics with characters- I think it was the spinning on TSM that set me over the edge LOL!!
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #486
rigsfhdgnv
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
Hi Kansas friend!! Good luck at Rock the Parkway. You doing anything for Hospital Hill?
I'm not registered for Hospital Hill. I think by the time I finish all that I'm currently signed up for this year, I'll be ready for a bit of a break. I'll have to look into that for next year!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #487
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post
I'm still waiting for rundisney to post a 2013 training guide for TOT
You can always use last year's plan and change the dates to fit this year -
that's what I did to plan out my milege between now and then. The TOT plans form last year are in here: http://www.rundisney.com/training/running/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigsfhdgnv View Post
Sadly, I've been having trouble with my IT Band the last couple of weeks, so while I signed up for these halves hoping for a PR, now I'm just hoping to finish them all.
ACK, I'm so sorry! Been there, done that. Nailed by ITBS late last summer and finally seemed to get rid of it in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDuck001 View Post
I did a 10k this weekend and got in just under an hour--my first thought was that I needed email track shack and update my time.
Fantastic!

Quote:
Does anyone know what food options there are post race at the party?
I didn't actively pursue food, so I can't say for sure, but I think I remember Backlot Express, the outdoor stands near RnR/TOT and ABC Commissary being open.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #488
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
My goal this year for the party is I'm not going to ride anything, just enjoy the party and get some pics with characters- I think it was the spinning on TSM that set me over the edge LOL!!
Hee hee - my goal is to finish the race faster so I can get a few more runs in on TOT and RnR!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #489
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i'm on Dailymile too! I'm Emily M. my picture is me with a black top and white pants.

i went ahead and bought Bash tickets for my sister and my kids. i don't know that i plan to ride anything, but i do want a picture with the Evil Queen and with Darth Vader. i told my kids that i don't care what they do when i'l running--just no pictures with those two characters. and i also requested that they at least cheer me on through part of HS!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #490
meryll83

Which characters are typically at the Bash? And there are opportunities right through until 4am to find them?

(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #491
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:

are you running? if so, you don't need to purchase a Bash ticket. your running registration includes the Bash party. you do need to purchase tickets if you're having family/friends join you.

i purchased tickets for my sister and kids and have already received them in the mail!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #492
meryll83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post

are you running? if so, you don't need to purchase a Bash ticket. your running registration includes the Bash party. you do need to purchase tickets if you're having family/friends join you.

i purchased tickets for my sister and kids and have already received them in the mail!
Hubby's running, I'm the lazy one! Just thought there would have been something I'd need to provide to evidence I was with a runner...

Think I'll do will call as postage to the UK ain't cheap these days!

What's the time frame for picking up the runner's pack, will need to build it into our schedule? I'm a big advance planner but all this is new to me. I'm upset we've already missed the cheapest price bracket - I'm normally first on the draw!

(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #493
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
I did the Color Run last weekend with my 6yo...not much running though.

I officially started my C210K training this week. I have the Peachtree RR on July 4th. That is the only thing I have scheduled. July is going to be tough for me as we are going to be on the DCL Magic for 12 days after I finish the Peachtree.

But hopefully I can do a little training on vacation and gear back up for the last couple of months when we get back. I'm not really expecting to have an amazing time...just not wanting to get swept!
Congrats on the color run! I am still so nervous to try anything like that. I worry I am just not fit enough.

Also...congrats on starting the C210k!

Quote:
I'm planning on doing a 5K this weekend (if the weather cooperates- I'm such a wuss LOL), a 10K at the end of the month, another 10K on the 4th of July, and I have the Biggest Loser half marathon August 17 I think!! I'm also considering doing a 10K the day after the half-marathon because I have done that 10K the last couple years and I really enjoy it, just not sure how my legs will feel about running that after running a half!!
That is a lot of miles!!

Quote:
Whazzup people?? I'm sorry, I've been MIA for a while, I want to try and check the board here more often and see how everyone is!!

Annmarie, NICE PR!!!! It is my goal to get a sub-hour 10K someday, I don't think it will happen for me yet this year, but I keep striving toward it!!! CONGRATS!!!!

How is everyone's training going?? Have you started training yet? Waiting a bit??

I'm already training because I have a half marathon in August So my long run last weekend was 7 miles, which makes me happy that I'm almost to where I need to be for the TOT!! I know the next couple weekends will probably be wonky, so I'm happy I hit the 7 on Sunday!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Keep up the awesome work And I'll try to be on here more often!! I'm such a slacker LOL!!
Thanks so much! I hoped I would get a sub hour one day... I never thought I would come in as first female. Granted... there wasn't a lot of competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinFan View Post
This is what I have scheduled so far:

April 14 - Red Shoe Shuffle 5K
June 1 - Run for the Dream 8K (I'll probably walk this with DH)
June 2 - Run for the Dream 1/2 marathon (my first half!)
June 23 - Baltimore Women's Classic 5K

I think June may be a little race heavy
maybe June is a bit race heavy... but what are you gonna do? Sometimes the races I look at are all clumped during the same weekend... but to scatter them across different months is a real challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post
So am I the only newbie to running? I'm still waiting for rundisney to post a 2013 training guide for TOT I would have started with the 5k but I'm not a morning person, lol.
It is odd they have not changed over from last year... but I imagine you could just use it as a guide and shift dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigsfhdgnv View Post
I've got the Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon Saturday, the Kansas Half-Marathon next weekend, Color Me Rad 5K May 4th, and Running with the Cows Half-Marathon on May 11th.

Sadly, I've been having trouble with my IT Band the last couple of weeks, so while I signed up for these halves hoping for a PR, now I'm just hoping to finish them all.
lots of races in your future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDuck001 View Post
I did a 10k this weekend and got in just under an hour--my first thought was that I needed email track shack and update my time. I like that they send out a confirmation email now with an updated expected finish time. This Sunday I have the Fitness 1/2 in central park.

Does anyone know what food options there are post race at the party? I know the food court back at the hotel will be closed and that box just isn't going to cut it... At wine and dine only the stands were open, no actual restaurants so I'm curious what they do for this one.
so cool to get that sub hour, isn't it?! Congrats!!! And I too like how they updated the time. Even for the phm, it seemed random and arbitrary.

Quote:
You know what first means? It means you will have a PR!!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #494
onlyafigment
Earning My Ears

If I'm using DVC points from a friend, can I still use the discount code previously mentioned to get $10 off?
onlyafigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #495
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
I did the Color Run last weekend with my 6yo...not much running though.

I officially started my C210K training this week. I have the Peachtree RR on July 4th. That is the only thing I have scheduled. July is going to be tough for me as we are going to be on the DCL Magic for 12 days after I finish the Peachtree.

But hopefully I can do a little training on vacation and gear back up for the last couple of months when we get back. I'm not really expecting to have an amazing time...just not wanting to get swept!
I am doing the color run at the beginning of May with friends. We plan to walk and enjoy it. This our first time. Do you have any tips or advice?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: