Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #436
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

RunDisney TOT 10miler

Hi Guys

well i officially started my training last night since biting the bullett. i managed 2 miles in 17 mins i was quite impressed with that. as ive said before i do a walk/jog i cant run due to prosthetic leg.

i think thats a good starting point, im actually terrified of being swept off the course. i will be so embarassed.

im only going to stop for characters i want to see, not gonna stop for ones i can meet during regular park hours. hopin for big bad wolf and hyenas but hopefully i can keep up the pace 16/mile. if i start slowing down towards the end, do they sweep you?

or is it an average of 16mins/mile? or do you have to meet 16mins per mile?

never done this run before and im quite nervous, im also a solo runner now the wife has got a ticket for the party she just wants to watch.

is it a good atmosphere at these rundisney events?

i really dont know what to expect at all.

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #437
ssdeverell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Just saying hi! I am only doing the 5k as well. I have done a couple of the princess 1/2 marathons and some of the 5ks as well, i would have liked to do the 10 miler, but i have my dd12 with me, and she would not be able to hack a 10miler!

I am writing down the park hours now and getting my thoughts together to decide on dining! (My fav part.. ) Right now my schedule looks like this:

Thurs Oct 3 - arrive
Friday Oct. 4 - a.m. emh at DHS then off to the expo - and hoping for MNSSHP at night??
Sat. Oct 5 - 5k day then hanging out by pool and DTD
Sun. Oct 6 - MK
Mon. Oct 7 - AK
Tues. Oct 8 - Epcot
Weds. - leaving.

Now... i gotta decide on food. For us, Poly breakfast at Ohana's is gonna be post - race. that's about the only thing i am sure of.. ah... life should be full of such hard decisions to make!
Hello! This will be my first Disney race. I have actually only done one 5K and that was 2 years ago. I am trying to get back into it with my ultimate goal being the Princess 1/2. We have had our trip planned for quite a while, so I was excited to see there was an option while I was there.

We get to make dining ressies tomorrow. We are hoping for an early lunch at Yak & Yeti after the race. That just happened to be the park we had planned for Saturday, so it worked out well.

I am not a fast runner, but maybe we can meet while there because I will be running solo. My DD is only 6 and cannot do a 5K yet.

See ya!

Past Trips:
Summer 1976 - offsite
March 1994 - offsite (1 day trip to MK from Daytona)
March 27-April 2 2005 - Pop Century (DH's and DS's 1st trip)
September 12-17, 2005 - Pop Century (just DH and me)
September 10-16, 2006 - Coronado Springs (1st MNSSHP)
September 13-19, 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside (DD's 1st trip)
May 2-5, 2010 - Yacht Club (Recognition/Training for Work)
November 26-December 3, 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Next Trip: October 2-10, 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
1st Cruise: October 4, 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
ssdeverell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #438
ssdeverell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just saying hi! I am only doing the 5k as well. I have done a couple of the princess 1/2 marathons and some of the 5ks as well, i would have liked to do the 10 miler, but i have my dd12 with me, and she would not be able to hack a 10miler!

I am writing down the park hours now and getting my thoughts together to decide on dining! (My fav part.. ) Right now my schedule looks like this:

Thurs Oct 3 - arrive
Friday Oct. 4 - a.m. emh at DHS then off to the expo - and hoping for MNSSHP at night??
Sat. Oct 5 - 5k day then hanging out by pool and DTD
Sun. Oct 6 - MK
Mon. Oct 7 - AK
Tues. Oct 8 - Epcot
Weds. - leaving.

Now... i gotta decide on food. For us, Poly breakfast at Ohana's is gonna be post - race. that's about the only thing i am sure of.. ah... life should be full of such hard decisions to make!
Oops! I meant to tell our schedule. Doesn't look like any of our days match up.

10/3 - arrive - dinner at Chef Mickey's
10/4 - MK - visit expo instead of afternoon break
10/5 - 5K - AK
10/6 - DHS
10/7 - EPCOT - FW
10/8 - Resort day/DTD
10/9 - MK
10/10 - EPCOT - WS
10/11 - head home

Past Trips:
Summer 1976 - offsite
March 1994 - offsite (1 day trip to MK from Daytona)
March 27-April 2 2005 - Pop Century (DH's and DS's 1st trip)
September 12-17, 2005 - Pop Century (just DH and me)
September 10-16, 2006 - Coronado Springs (1st MNSSHP)
September 13-19, 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside (DD's 1st trip)
May 2-5, 2010 - Yacht Club (Recognition/Training for Work)
November 26-December 3, 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Next Trip: October 2-10, 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
1st Cruise: October 4, 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
ssdeverell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #439
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

sweepers!

how often do you see people get swept? is it quite regular? im so scared of being swept, i wish i never read that part.

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #440
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
Hi Guys

well i officially started my training last night since biting the bullett. i managed 2 miles in 17 mins i was quite impressed with that. as ive said before i do a walk/jog i cant run due to prosthetic leg.

i think thats a good starting point, im actually terrified of being swept off the course. i will be so embarassed.

im only going to stop for characters i want to see, not gonna stop for ones i can meet during regular park hours. hopin for big bad wolf and hyenas but hopefully i can keep up the pace 16/mile. if i start slowing down towards the end, do they sweep you?

or is it an average of 16mins/mile? or do you have to meet 16mins per mile?

never done this run before and im quite nervous, im also a solo runner now the wife has got a ticket for the party she just wants to watch.

is it a good atmosphere at these rundisney events?

i really dont know what to expect at all.
I think rundisney events are wonderful! I think your wife should have a good time at the party both enjoying it and watching the runners finish.

The sweepers have worried me in the past too. Just keep this in mind... When the last person crosses the start, that is when the sweepers head out. If you were in a corral that started before that last persons.... Or were ahead of that person in any way... You will have that much of a buffer between you and he sweepers. I finished last year with nearly a 17 min/mile pace (ran with someone who was not up for faster and I stayed with her... And we stopped for some pics). While we did not have that many people finish behind us... We did not once see the sweepers. So... They don't actually pace you personally... They keep that 16 min mile pace themselves and bring up the rear.... Taking anyone off the course they come across.

I think if you continue to train you should be fine. Just make sure to have a 10k time to submit that will keep you out of the last corral.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #441
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
how often do you see people get swept? is it quite regular? im so scared of being swept, i wish i never read that part.
If things happen the way I think they do... Only those who get swept will see people get swept since anyone on the course at that spot gets taken off. Then the bus/ shuttle that takes all of them to the finish is discreet so that even people who crossed the finish on their own don't know who was swept
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #442
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
What time are you going to try and do your post 5K ADR? I am doing the 5K too and trying to figure out what time I would book an ADR for -- still debating if I want late bkfst somewhere or early lunch somewhere.
Well, i am thinking i want to go back to the hotel and shower quick then go to late breakfast/brunch.. thinking i am going to book poly ohanas breakfast at 10:30 a.m. -- unless they have an 11am.. then i may just do that.. i believe that's the latest they offer... but breakfast there is a MUST for us.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #443
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, i am thinking i want to go back to the hotel and shower quick then go to late breakfast/brunch.. thinking i am going to book poly ohanas breakfast at 10:30 a.m. -- unless they have an 11am.. then i may just do that.. i believe that's the latest they offer... but breakfast there is a MUST for us.
See I was thinking 1030a too...but didnt know if that would be pushing it.

Ok, thanks for your input
Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #444
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Just booked Ohana for 2, but I'm solo for Oct. 4th. My friends don't arrive until Oct.5th. So, if anyone wants to join me @5:05, just let me know. Thx,

Cindy

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #445
olliffm1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey everyone! Just booked Ohana for 2, but I'm solo for Oct. 4th. My friends don't arrive until Oct.5th. So, if anyone wants to join me @5:05, just let me know. Thx,

Cindy
Hey Cindy. I will already be down there so if u want a dinner buddy or park buddy, I will be there. I actually will come down that Wednesday before so hit me up if u want
olliffm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #446
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliffm1 View Post

Hey Cindy. I will already be down there so if u want a dinner buddy or park buddy, I will be there. I actually will come down that Wednesday before so hit me up if u want
Well, hey..I had no idea you were doing the TOT, that's great! Sure, I would love the company! I'll pm you.

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #447
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Hi all! Anyone know if there is a way to update a 10-miler registration with a new anticipated finish time? Out of ignorance, I just submitted the max allowable time since this will be my first 10-miler -- I don't like to over-promise and under-deliver... it's a bit of a problem...

Now that I've actually started training, I realize that was an overestimate and don't want to end up in the last corral. Is my only option to do a 10K between now and then and submit at package pickup?

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #448
moonlitelace
Mouseketeer

Taken from the rundisney website faq:

Please email your updated proof of time (include the race you registered for, your official race time, along with the year and name of the race) to mailto:disneysports@trackshack.com by August 1, 2013. After August 1, all proof of time updates must be made during the Expo at the Runner Relations booth.
moonlitelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #449
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post

Please email your updated proof of time (include the race you registered for, your official race time, along with the year and name of the race) to mailto:disneysports@trackshack.com by August 1, 2013. After August 1, all proof of time updates must be made during the Expo at the Runner Relations booth.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I don't know how I missed that! I've been looking at too many websites and possible 10K races to do, that perhaps I went cross-eyed!!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #450
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post

Perfect timing! I was going to have to track this email addy down this week to submit a time from a 10k I did today. It was a PR for me. (56:35) I was the first female finisher. (which surprised me) Not a huge turn out, but still... my time was much better than any others I have had. I think/hope this will put me in good position for corral placement.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: