Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #421
jakespop
Proud DVC Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
Try the steps I outlined in the post right above yours. I just followed those steps and got all the way to the payment entry screen, but chose not to go past that point. It appears to be working fine following those steps, so perhaps the links in the registration confirmation emails simply have a problem...?

Thanks but I am referring to Park tickets, not the Villains Bash. The process is similar but it's not allowing me to view park tix. You have to use the link they send in the registration confirmation, which does not appear to be working
jakespop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #422
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespop View Post
Thanks but I am referring to Park tickets, not the Villains Bash. The process is similar but it's not allowing me to view park tix. You have to use the link they send in the registration confirmation, which does not appear to be working
Ah, sorry!

But, I just tried that going directly through the runDisney website, and it appears to work - or at least it did for me up to the point of picking what type of tickets. For this, from the rundisney.com website:
- use the 'Travel' drop-down at the very top of the page, and select 'Walt Disney World'
- Scroll down to "Travel Packages for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend" and click that
- Scroll down a little again and select "Online Ticket Store" under 'SPECIALLY PRICED THEME PARK TICKETS'
- that will open a new window or tab where you need to enter the 'Event Code' that is found in your 'Registration Confirmation' email (I don't know if I should simply list that code here or not...?), and then click Login
- there is then a screen for arrival and departure dates for your trip
- scroll down, accept the disclaimer, and 'Continue'

On the next screen I was able to scroll down to arrive at:
Multi-Day Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets

I didn't go past that point, but perhaps this work-around will help?
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #423
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ah, sorry!

But, I just tried that going directly through the runDisney website, and it appears to work - or at least it did for me up to the point of picking what type of tickets. For this, from the rundisney.com website:
- use the 'Travel' drop-down at the very top of the page, and select 'Walt Disney World'
- Scroll down to "Travel Packages for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend" and click that
- Scroll down a little again and select "Online Ticket Store" under 'SPECIALLY PRICED THEME PARK TICKETS'
- that will open a new window or tab where you need to enter the 'Event Code' that is found in your 'Registration Confirmation' email (I don't know if I should simply list that code here or not...?), and then click Login
- there is then a screen for arrival and departure dates for your trip
- scroll down, accept the disclaimer, and 'Continue'

On the next screen I was able to scroll down to arrive at:
Multi-Day Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets

I didn't go past that point, but perhaps this work-around will help?
That solution worked for me! Also, just saw where you can split payment and use Disney Gift Cards. You can only use 2 forms of payment online, but wondering if you call in you can use more than one.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #424
jakespop
Proud DVC Owners

That Worked!!! Thanks
jakespop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #425
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

rundisney tickets

gonna have to try again when i get home

im only able to get as far as the entre your arrival/departure details and i click yes on disclaimer and then it keeps bouncing back saying their are no events during my holiday dates

i arrive on 1st october leave the 15th october .... race is during that time frame unsure as to why it keeps saying no events???

thats what made me think the spectator tickets had sold out

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #426
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
gonna have to try again when i get home

im only able to get as far as the entre your arrival/departure details and i click yes on disclaimer and then it keeps bouncing back saying their are no events during my holiday dates

i arrive on 1st october leave the 15th october .... race is during that time frame unsure as to why it keeps saying no events???

thats what made me think the spectator tickets had sold out
When I first tested, I used 10/20 as a departure date, and that didn't work for me either. I think the problem is that the tickets are supposedly only good for a certain amount of time before and after the event; per the disclaimer: "These specially priced Theme Park tickets must be purchased in advance and are valid during the specific dates of the event and for a limited period of time before and after the event." When I put in 10/10 as a departure date, it worked fine. edit: Just a guess, but perhaps the tickets can be used up to 1 week before or after?

I'm an annual passholder, so I haven't actually used these tickets, but hopefully someone else can chime in as to what the exact limitations are on use of the tickets before and after the race (i.e. how many days?). I don't see that information listed anywhere I have looked.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #427
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

runDisney tickets -

I'm an AP holder, so I'm clueless, but I asked my friends who bought tix through runDisney for Princess: they report that A. they're substantially cheaper than any other option, by about 20% off regular price, B. they think there was a 14-day date restriction, and C. they are not eligible for upgrade.

Hope that helps some!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #428
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

when i priced out a five-day ticket for my sister, it was around a $22 savings.

i haven't bought it yet because i want to see if any other special offers come out for our dates. my kids and i are planning to get APs.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #429
ssdeverell
DIS Veteran

Characters/Course Map for 5K

I am doing the 5K. Does anyone remember what characters were out last year?

Also, I have not been able to find a course map for the 5K. Does anyone know where to find it, even if it is last year's?

Thanks,

Past Trips:
Summer 1976 - offsite
March 1994 - offsite (1 day trip to MK from Daytona)
March 27-April 2 2005 - Pop Century (DH's and DS's 1st trip)
September 12-17, 2005 - Pop Century (just DH and me)
September 10-16, 2006 - Coronado Springs (1st MNSSHP)
September 13-19, 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside (DD's 1st trip)
May 2-5, 2010 - Yacht Club (Recognition/Training for Work)
November 26-December 3, 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Next Trip: October 2-10, 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
1st Cruise: October 4, 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
ssdeverell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #430
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdeverell View Post

Also, I have not been able to find a course map for the 5K. Does anyone know where to find it, even if it is last year's?

Thanks,
I don't know about characters for the 5K, but I have last year's 5K course map from the Official Race Program. Just trying to figure out the best way to post it though... Should have it up sometime soon once I figure out how to do it, unless someone else is able to post it first!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #431
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #432
ssdeverell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!!

Past Trips:
Summer 1976 - offsite
March 1994 - offsite (1 day trip to MK from Daytona)
March 27-April 2 2005 - Pop Century (DH's and DS's 1st trip)
September 12-17, 2005 - Pop Century (just DH and me)
September 10-16, 2006 - Coronado Springs (1st MNSSHP)
September 13-19, 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside (DD's 1st trip)
May 2-5, 2010 - Yacht Club (Recognition/Training for Work)
November 26-December 3, 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Next Trip: October 2-10, 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
1st Cruise: October 4, 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
ssdeverell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #433
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle032 View Post
My 1st too! I used to be a CM at TOT so I figured it would be the perfect 1st race for me Very excited now but I'm sure nerves will kick in when I get there!

From my experience, Sports is the 1st resort for pick ups and drop offs in the All-Star complex. It was so nice getting dropped off first after a long day and if the bus filled up at Sports first then it didn't stop at the others. I'm not sure if that happens all the time or it just worked that way when I was there, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it was definitely nice!
I'm sure I will be the same way. I will be a bucket of nerves on race night.

Hmmm now you have me thinking I should switch to Sports. I agree with you that it's so nice not to have to wait on the bus or deal with the full busses. that's one of the reasons why I like POP so much..as of right now it's still the only stop on the run (Doesn't include AoA yet). but since this is a budget trip, the All stars are cheaper than POP so I went with Movies. Gotta think about switching now.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #434
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdeverell View Post

Thanks,

Just saying hi! I am only doing the 5k as well. I have done a couple of the princess 1/2 marathons and some of the 5ks as well, i would have liked to do the 10 miler, but i have my dd12 with me, and she would not be able to hack a 10miler!

I am writing down the park hours now and getting my thoughts together to decide on dining! (My fav part.. ) Right now my schedule looks like this:

Thurs Oct 3 - arrive
Friday Oct. 4 - a.m. emh at DHS then off to the expo - and hoping for MNSSHP at night??
Sat. Oct 5 - 5k day then hanging out by pool and DTD
Sun. Oct 6 - MK
Mon. Oct 7 - AK
Tues. Oct 8 - Epcot
Weds. - leaving.

Now... i gotta decide on food. For us, Poly breakfast at Ohana's is gonna be post - race. that's about the only thing i am sure of.. ah... life should be full of such hard decisions to make!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #435
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post

Now... i gotta decide on food. For us, Poly breakfast at Ohana's is gonna be post - race. that's about the only thing i am sure of.. ah... life should be full of such hard decisions to make!
What time are you going to try and do your post 5K ADR? I am doing the 5K too and trying to figure out what time I would book an ADR for -- still debating if I want late bkfst somewhere or early lunch somewhere.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: